New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Had a lot of very interesting conversations with all sides over the weekend. Not much is going to happen until late May. Feel a lot more confident on the Stadium project overall. Routes opening to talk to the new LibDem Cherwell group.

The banner at the game and coverage of it, has been brilliant for momentum.

The Anti-Group, who now find themselves in positions - i.e Linda Ward are feeling the pressure as they've mobilized a fairly small group (in the grand scheme of things) to gain votes, but now find themselves responsible for all their District residents, so can't be fully Anti now, they could bring the ire of their whole community against them by misstepping.

I'd urge any Kidlington locals, to be calm, measured and put your opinion across to your new Cllrs.... That action would be so incredibly useful in the next few weeks.
Very glad to hear you're heartened by the conversations you've had regarding the stadium project over the weekend.

Being a campaigner is a very different prospect to having to take responsibility for decision making, as I'm sure some of our newly elected councillors will find.

And I wholeheartedly agree with you that it is a really really important point in regard to how we all engage with decision makers over the coming weeks. Calm and measured have to be our approach, even if others that oppose us cannot be either of those things.

PS - what you have done so far is amazing, and we're a richer club and community for it - Thank you.

Regarding certain campaigners turned councillors - I think Linda Ward coming out like clockwork as soon as she can to condemn the stadium can work in our favour. Shows predetermination and that she should not be sticking her nose in the project, after all the area she represents does not include The Triangle.

Regarding certain campaigners turned councillors - I think Linda Ward coming out like clockwork as soon as she can to condemn the stadium can work in our favour. Shows predetermination and that she should not be sticking her nose in the project, after all the area she represents does not include The Triangle.
The Triangle is within the Kidlington East ward.

A rare 30 minute closure to allow 14000 people to disburse safely between 9.40pm and 10.10pm on a midweek evening?! 😲

PEOPLE WILL BE PRISONERS IN THEIR OWN HOMES!!

View attachment 19447

Precedents everywhere you look. Nothing OUFC are proposing is new or untested, everything proposed is commonplace up and down the country every weekend during the football season. There are no insurmountable obstacles if Cherwell District Council and Oxfordshire County Council show understanding and common sense.
Just looked at this on Google maps, it's the main bridge into the city centre and the diversion is quite substantial.

The people of Peterborough survive and the world doesn't end. What is the difference in North Oxford?!

Had a lot of very interesting conversations with all sides over the weekend. Not much is going to happen until late May. Feel a lot more confident on the Stadium project overall. Routes opening to talk to the new LibDem Cherwell group.

The banner at the game and coverage of it, has been brilliant for momentum.

The Anti-Group, who now find themselves in positions - i.e Linda Ward are feeling the pressure as they've mobilized a fairly small group (in the grand scheme of things) to gain votes, but now find themselves responsible for all their District residents, so can't be fully Anti now, they could bring the ire of their whole community against them by misstepping.

I'd urge any Kidlington locals, to be calm, measured and put your opinion across to your new Cllrs.... That action would be so incredibly useful in the next few weeks.
Nice work Schwiiiz

View attachment 19451
The stadium will be built before they get around to that!
That's simply a cynical attempt by the Greens who are to frustrate and delay the process and should be ignored by the third parties as such. The Green Party locally clearly have a predetermined anti-stadium policy and should not be on the planning committee for the stadium application.

The stadium is half in OX5 and half in OX2. The lines are slightly less wobbly than what I've drawn.

1715093603488.jpeg

That's simply a cynical attempt by the Greens who are to frustrate and delay the process and should be ignored by the third parties as such. The Green Party locally clearly have a predetermined anti-stadium policy and should not be on the planning committee for the stadium application.

I don’t even think the “Greens” should be called that after what happened last week and has obviously been going on for a while, they are like a rent a franchise party who will let you stand as a local councillor in their name for your single issue cause, in this case nimbyism or in other cases Palestine. They get increased exposure and to claim numbers while those standing for them get to claim they are part of a national party, neither being particularly true.

Postcodes don’t actually mean that much, it’s just what the postal service use to get letters to places, has no relevance to city/town/county boundaries. For instance I have a Surrey postcode but live in Hampshire, my nearest sorting office is in Surrey though so I have a GU postcode.

The place could have an OX5 postcode but still be in Oxford.

Postcodes don't come into it. The Triangle is within Kidlington East.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240507_160331_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240507_160331_Samsung Internet.jpg
    512.4 KB · Views: 11
I thought Natural England had inspected the site and said there was nothing there for them to be concerned about.
They did, but FoSB and Linda don't like that so they are trying to change it. They want an "independent" report - hello Judy Webb!

McIvor tried to same tactic with the Kassam stadium, claiming it's a community asset with "easy access" !

@DannyW will know the ins and outs, but I believe councillors can apply to change the nature of a site?

Back
Top Bottom