New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

The LibDem's don't want it, that been made clear today. They run the County Council who own the land. Hard to see how it'll ever happen currently.
Lets see what the local elections bring.

Also the planning portal is around 90% pro stadium. They would become the most unpopular local authority in the country if they ignore the will of thousands upon thousands of people if they rejected the stadium due to politics.

Have hope. We are on the right side of this argument.

We are the club that never dies theres always something round the corner waiting to save us on our knees captain Bob came in bob jumps ship back on our knees again local boy joey saves us on our knees again kassam mugged us but kept us going who would of thought it a team in bloody red will save us this time

Lets see what the local elections bring.

Also the planning portal is around 90% pro stadium. They would become the most unpopular local authority in the country if they ignore the will of thousands upon thousands of people if they rejected the stadium due to politics.

Have hope. We are on the right side of this argument.

The local authority that bought in LTNs in working class areas ignoring local protests while killing the only professional sports team over a 30 minute road closure every fortnight because it’s near (ish) wealthy north Oxford where they live and have also spared from the LTNs. The way they are going they will be lucky to keep their heads long enough to say let them eat cake (or take the bus).

I take my hat off to so many of you for keeping the heat on people like Gant, McIvor and Middleton. I can't even bring myself to read the crap they come out with. It all makes me so angry! Our great club and fans will prevail against these people and when we do, we still won't forget what they tried to do to us.
Dont ever vote these C***s in again.

Is anyone able to provide the link to the Oxford Mail article where Lib Dem Councillor Andrew Gant objects to the OUFC stadium due to potential half-hour road closures in his area, while simultaneously implementing LTNs in East Oxford?
no thought not

I’ve had a response from my local libdem occ councillor to say while he supports the stadium he will not support any road closures and if this is possible he cannot support the stadium.

So he doesn't support the stadium then. Whats his name? Ask him if he supports the LTNs etc in east Oxford as a reply?

Its obvious that this is Lib Dem/Green policy, even though they both support permanent, full time road closures across working class parts of the city, scandalous that they don't mind being rank hypocrites while killing a football club. I suppose when you don't mind putting peoples lives at risk through slowing ambulance response times down then what's a football club?

So he doesn't support the stadium then. Whats his name? Ask him if he supports the LTNs etc in east Oxford as a reply?

Its obvious that this is Lib Dem/Green policy, even though they both support permanent, full time road closures across working class parts of the city, scandalous that they don't mind being rank hypocrites while killing a football club. I suppose when you don't mind putting peoples lives at risk through slowing ambulance response times down then what's a football club?
Exactly my response. I pointed out that even if the road was to be closed it would just be for a few minutes at 5pm on a Saturday or 10pm on a Tuesday night!

Nearer the time of the local election if you have social media with Oxfordshire friends/followers the best thing you can do is put out a post explaining the hypocrisy of the Lib dem/green axis of evil and asking people not to vote for a north Oxon cabal that are willing to damage every one elses life to keep themselves sweet.

Exactly my response. I pointed out that even if the road was to be closed it would just be for a few minutes at 5pm on a Saturday or 10pm on a Tuesday night!

Be interested in his response, what weasel ways they are going to try and explain themselves out of this.

Surely spectators safety and motorist safety is far more important than a slight inconvenience to the public to take a small diversion for half an hour before and after the game. The Lib Dems are the ones who have bought in the 20 mph speed limits on alot roads in Abingdon as they claim it's safer for pedestrians and motorists. Couldn't make this s**t up 😴

Its quite simply elitism from these privately educated OxBridge types who are the worst type of Tory in LibDem clothing.

Snobbery and elitism was always going to stop the stadium, this is Oxfordshire afterall.

Surely spectators safety and motorist safety is far more important than a slight inconvenience to the public to take a small diversion for half an hour before and after the game. The Lib Dems are the ones who have bought in the 20 mph speed limits on alot roads in Abingdon as they claim it's safer for pedestrians and motorists. Couldn't make this s**t up 😴
Its one thing putting the signs up, but how many motorists stick to it, when was the last time you saw any speed enforcement officers in Abingdon, one speed camera on the Oxford road that very one slows down for

The North Oxford Class Wars at their finest.. The Cutleslowe Walls , the tarmacking of the roads up to the council houses bit of road. They don't shop at Sainsbury's Kidlington, they shop In Marks & Spencer's in Summertown. No shops closed down , 1 or 2 maybe.
Soon as they're empty , it's not long before they're refurbished & a new venture. Usually a pretentious wine bar. Not like the state of Cowley Centre .
I lived in Oxford all my life & these lot ,are on a completely different planet to me.
Oxford I'm afraid is a Tale Of Two Cities,
Them& Us ,Town & Gown...

For those of you thinking my vote doesn’t matter, why bother. Please think again

In local politics there are certain issues that come to the fore, the stadium is one of them.

I urge you to tell as many friends, family, anybody who will listen to vote for the pro stadium candidate in your area.
Or at least don’t vote Lib Dem or Green even if you usually do.

On a wider topic,re staying at the stadium. It’s not just the likes of Middleton, Mc Ivor and a couple of Kidlington residents on a bus that are buying into this. I had a drink with a few old friends last night who follow the Yellows and get to a handful of games and even they are saying why can’t we buy and redevelop the stadium.

I put them right but it shows that a huge amount of our supporters are ignorant of the plight we are in.

It also shows we are in a bit of a bubble here and our message needs to reach a much wider audience.

We have the chance in the next week with 3 home games to let as many people as possible know what needs to be done

For those of you thinking my vote doesn’t matter, why bother. Please think again

In local politics there are certain issues that come to the fore, the stadium is one of them.

I urge you to tell as many friends, family, anybody who will listen to vote for the pro stadium candidate in your area.
Or at least don’t vote Lib Dem or Green even if you usually do.

On a wider topic,re staying at the stadium. It’s not just the likes of Middleton, Mc Ivor and a couple of Kidlington residents on a bus that are buying into this. I had a drink with a few old friends last night who follow the Yellows and get to a handful of games and even they are saying why can’t we buy and redevelop the stadium.

I put them right but it shows that a huge amount of our supporters are ignorant of the plight we are in.

It also shows we are in a bit of a bubble here and our message needs to reach a much wider audience.

We have the chance in the next week with 3 home games to let as many people as possible know what needs to be done
You are right- this is a bubble.
With 3 home games in a row, are Oxvox ans OUSP working to ensure that 1000's supporters are aware of what they need to do, rather than the relatively small.number on here?

Back
Top Bottom