New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

What we can see clearly from the plans that there will be a layby but the Duel carriageway is not compromised View attachment 18222

I don't think that is a layby I think it's the slip road to enter the carpark of the ground.

On exiting the carpark a bit further south down Frieze way there is also a slip road so you can get up to speed to merge.

Away coaches wouldn't be no good on frieze way since the away fans are situated closest to the Parkway.

Following my previous post

This clearly shows that there is a slip road into the stadium carpark so traffic doesn't back up on to the dual carriageway.
1000004636.jpg

Been looking at the new McIvor led crusade and their page on Facebook, and a certain finger wagging councillor makes an appearance. Definitely campaigning on an anti development ticket!Screenshot_20240310-102039~2.png

Regarding getting the message out to the wider fan base to comment on the planning application. Would it be worth putting up a couple of A4 posters in the concourses around the Kassam Stadium, asking fans to write a small positive comment? Maybe use a QR code at the bottom of the page to link to the application?

So Suzy is talking out of her rectum? Well I'm shocked.

She didn't actually mention a layby she claimed that coaches will be parked up on the diversionary route (Frieze way) turning the dual carriageway into a single carriageway.

She didn't actually mention a layby she claimed that coaches will be parked up on the diversionary route (Frieze way) turning the dual carriageway into a single carriageway.
Which is not allowed by the Highway Code unless in an emergency (which a football match does not constitute)

Is she forgetting the Railway Station nearby? These people wind me up with their Whataboutery and lies.

Suzanne McIvor is blatantly wrong here and there is no chance that coaches will be parking on Frieze Way. As others have said, it’s not a place for parking any vehicle and would contravene the Highway Code.

But if there is only room for two coaches for the away team which would be for their players and officials in the main car park, where will away fan coaches park? Does Parkway have provision for this or will some spaces there be repurposed to do so?

(Sorry. Don’t have the plans to hand so I daresay it’s in amongst those pages somewhere.)

Suzanne McIvor is blatantly wrong here and there is no chance that coaches will be parking on Frieze Way. As others have said, it’s not a place for parking any vehicle and would contravene the Highway Code.

But if there is only room for two coaches for the away team which would be for their players and officials in the main car park, where will away fan coaches park? Does Parkway have provision for this or will some spaces there be repurposed to do so?

(Sorry. Don’t have the plans to hand so I daresay it’s in amongst those pages somewhere.)
Peartree P&R has a number of coach spots I believe? Drop the fans off at the stadium and park up the coaches there.

I guess it's an unknown as we don't know what Chiltern Railways plans are regarding extra capacity on services to Oxford Parkway.

Either way, it's a much much better location for public transport compared to the situation at Grenoble Road.

I see that FOSB have made a Public Comment on the Planning Application unsurprisingly objecting to the proposal.

Surely that should mean all those who are members of FOSB cannot now object as individuals, otherwise they will have in theory objected twice to the same application and thus distorting the number of objectors.

However if this is permissible what is to stop groups such as OxVox sending in support of the planning application?

There is a proposed pedestrian crossing going on frieze way to link the stadium to the entrance to SB but nothing about reducing the dual carriageway to single lane to allow for a layby.
Surely all coaches will drop off at the P&R bus stops.

Peartree P&R has a number of coach spots I believe? Drop the fans off at the stadium and park up the coaches there.

I guess it's an unknown as we don't know what Chiltern Railways plans are regarding extra capacity on services to Oxford Parkway.

Either way, it's a much much better location for public transport compared to the situation at Grenoble Road.

I haven't been to Oxford parkway but when I used to drive the Water Eaton P&R bus 10 years ago before the Parkway was built there was coach bays. On Google maps it looks like they are still there.

1000004644.jpg

I see that FOSB have made a Public Comment on the Planning Application unsurprisingly objecting to the proposal.

Surely that should mean all those who are members of FOSB cannot now object as individuals, otherwise they will have in theory objected twice to the same application and thus distorting the number of objectors.

However if this is permissible what is to stop groups such as OxVox sending in support of the planning application?

Very good point. Would be interested to know the rules.

Back
Top Bottom