New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

I don't know why you need to make this personal. The fact is that we have hundreds of people who regularly post on here, several thousand who attend every home game, tens of thousands who go to occasional games, and many thousand more who would class themselves as Oxford fans or look out for their results. Yet only a very small number have been involved in the consultation process over the last couple of years.

So it seems a little unnecessary to bemoan those that do engage, even if they live outside the city limits.

My question still stands. If you haven't provided positive support through the planning portal, then why not? I fully understand that many will still be looking to do this in the coming weeks so maybe a little early to raise this, but we have seen that previous consultation processes have had few responses than would have been expected.

If you have completed this, or are going to, then have you also shared it with others. Will you be speaking with others at the game today to see if they are going to record their support? Have you spoken to family and friends and encourage them to do the same? If not, why not?

Because if you want to make it personal, I will be providing my support, my family will too. I have shared the link amongst friends who see Oxford as their "second" team and go to a few games every so often. I have also shared it with friends who are nothing more than football fans but know the importance of the stadium to Oxford United.

So you can have your cheap little digs, they mean nothing to me. But I have, and will continue to champion the club in its pursuit of a new stadium and would hope that others will do the same.
You made it personal when i stated facts that's all .what bit about observations don't you get .........

I have just totted up the number of supporting and objecting comments so far from people with addresses in Kidlington and Gosford & Water Eaton. The score is supporters 8. objectors 7. It is also noticeable that the objectors were quick of the mark and most of them added their comments during the first couple of days. Let's hope this trend continues!

View attachment 18219

More crap from the classist echo chamber, with matching emojis!
Clearly fosb haven't read any of the planning application documents
Clearly states that the diversion will only happen on high ticket sales matches and for half an hour
Its called a diversion because it is only private cars won't be allowed down Oxford rd buses coaches taxis and emergency services will still continue through
All other matches supporters will be marshalled across the Oxford rd and frieze way using the toucan crossings

Sponsored by the Jamaican Tourist Board by the look of it.

I have just totted up the number of supporting and objecting comments so far from people with addresses in Kidlington and Gosford & Water Eaton. The score is supporters 8. objectors 7. It is also noticeable that the objectors were quick of the mark and most of them added their comments during the first couple of days. Let's hope this trend continues!
The Cherwell District numbers are what will be significant

Fosb are going to inform their members 🤣🤣🤣 on the 8th of April on how to respond so a copy and paste job

I said this before once it's out of the news those who object will forget to comment this is where we can keep pushing people to comment

It was due to roadworks on Watlington Road, not due to the game.

I got caught up in it at about 13.50, two sets of temp traffic lights on the Watlington road and it added about 5/10 minutes onto my journey time so nothing major. Went to my mum and dads in Abingdon before the game and the roadworks on the vineyard (which I didn’t even go near) held me up more than that.

I haven't seen anything in the plans about frieze way of being a coach park put I will now have a quick look

There is a proposed pedestrian crossing going on frieze way to link the stadium to the entrance to SB but nothing about reducing the dual carriageway to single lane to allow for a layby.

There is a proposed pedestrian crossing going on frieze way to link the stadium to the entrance to SB but nothing about reducing the dual carriageway to single lane to allow for a layby.
What we can see clearly from the plans that there will be a layby but the Duel carriageway is not compromised Screenshot_2024-03-10-09-36-02-97_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom