New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Tackley - Didcot - Paddington or Parkway - Marylebone However, that would involve driving to Oxford Parkway, something, of course, local residents wouldn't have to do with all the lovely new footpaths and frequent buses running though Kidlington. (Yes, that would be environmentally friendly but, so what hey!)
View attachment 18151
View attachment 18152
I also believe GWR do first class too so he hasn't got to mingle with the peasants

Ian Middleton is a fool, and more importantly, an irrelevant fool. His objections are meaningless and won't change the outcome of this planning application.

He is looking at political gain by going to the electorate and saying "I was the one that fought against the stadium whilst the Lib Dems did nothing" in the hope to pick up votes from those who are fed up with the Tories but never voted Labour in their lives. And the more we try to engage with him on social media the more it strengths his thinking that he alone can stand up to thousands of nasty football thugs.

His time will come, and is heading for a pretty miserable 2024!
This. He is a desperate, desperate man.

Won't somebody please think of Steveopedia and those oh so important trips to the theatre? (This article - https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/24156682.oxford-united-must-commit-keeping-oxford-road-open/)

View attachment 18150

Poor Steve. I've had the same problem from Parkway since all the trains only leave between 2-3pm and 5-6pm on Saturdays ...

Seriously, does he read what is puts out in the public domain? He posts so much rubbish with so much confidence it's pointless even engaging with him.

I absolutely loathe him.

Join the queue.

I've said before that opposing the stadium is fine. If you're not into football or even if you are, I would fully understand reservations to it. There's lots to consider with it and it will change people's lives. Margaret Boggs doesn't want it - fine, no probs and I'll happily try to alleviate her concerns. FOSB - a non-sequitur name and using underhand way of trying to stop the stadium going ahead are an annoyance but at their heart they're NIMBY group and that's understandable. I get what their aims are even if they are barely hidden. Steve Hill is a fool who is repeatedly making himself look a tit online. He's no danger.

But Middleton is the worst. A rude, condescending, duplicitous, bullying, arrogant, superior, devious liar who trolls and gets in spats and plays the victim when it springs back at him, makes out that he isn't sided with the antis and turns people to his side with half-truths from a position of authority as a councillor when he knows less than we do.

If the stadium is the cake, the icing on it will be Middleton's downfall.

Join the queue.

I've said before that opposing the stadium is fine. If you're not into football or even if you are, I would fully understand reservations to it. There's lots to consider with it and it will change people's lives. Margaret Boggs doesn't want it - fine, no probs and I'll happily try to alleviate her concerns. FOSB - a non-sequitur name and using underhand way of trying to stop the stadium going ahead are an annoyance but at their heart they're NIMBY group and that's understandable. I get what their aims are even if they are barely hidden. Steve Hill is a fool who is repeatedly making himself look a tit online. He's no danger.

But Middleton is the worst. A rude, condescending, duplicitous, bullying, arrogant, superior, devious liar who trolls and gets in spats and plays the victim when it springs back at him, makes out that he isn't sided with the antis and turns people to his side with half-truths from a position of authority as a councillor when he knows less than we do.

Talking of Margaret it's her birthday today can we all wish her a very happy birthday 🤣🤣

Join the queue.

You forgot "hypocrite" considering his background dealing diamonds and ownership of two properties.

That goatee is awful as well.

I hope he realise’s there is a station in Tackley where he can get a train to Oxford and then on to Paddington, which goes know where near the Parkway station I believe.
Even if he did want to end up in Marylebone instead of Paddington, he could still go Takley > Oxford > Marylebone.
A potential 30 minute road closure at the triangle would not include the railway tracks! 🤣

Even if he did want to end up in Marylebone instead of Paddington, he could still go Takley > Oxford > Marylebone.
A potential 30 minute road closure at the triangle would not include the railway tracks! 🤣
Why would someone from Tackley want to drive to Oxford Parkway when they can get a train in their home town anyway? Weird behaviour.

His answer to that will be he has to pick up family from wait for it....... Hanborough which has a station
Right, to get this straight. He drives from Tackley, which has a station, to Hanborough, which has a station. Picks up relatives from Hanborough, back past the station, then through Tackley again (which has a station) on his way to Oxford Parkway. Then at the end of their day they drive from Oxford Parkway, past Tackley and it's station, on to Long Hanborough (and it's station) to drop off relatives, then turns round and drives back to Tackley?

Right, to get this straight. He drives from Tackley, which has a station, to Hanborough, which has a station. Picks up relatives from Hanborough, back past the station, then through Tackley again (which has a station) on his way to Oxford Parkway. Then at the end of their day they drive from Oxford Parkway, past Tackley and it's station, on to Long Hanborough (and it's station) to drop off relatives, then turns round and drives back to Tackley?
I wonder what he does if there’s an event on at Blenheim.

This is from Steve a few months ago the bloke is clueless
Screenshot_2024-03-07-14-42-28-33_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpgScreenshot_2024-03-07-14-47-39-16_93b6efe4a64639a5f533c36376a6f21d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ian Middleton is a fool, and more importantly, an irrelevant fool. His objections are meaningless and won't change the outcome of this planning application.

He is looking at political gain by going to the electorate and saying "I was the one that fought against the stadium whilst the Lib Dems did nothing" in the hope to pick up votes from those who are fed up with the Tories but never voted Labour in their lives. And the more we try to engage with him on social media the more it strengths his thinking that he alone can stand up to thousands of nasty football thugs.

His time will come, and is heading for a pretty miserable 2024!

Maybe so, but he sits as a reserve on the Planning Committee. His wife is on it. That does concern me.

@Oxymoron has posted some reassuring stuff on this in the past and I hope that IM and FM are nowhere near that committee when it convenes to discuss this.

If they are, is there anything the club or we as a fanbase can do?

Maybe so, but he sits as a reserve on the Planning Committee. His wife is on it. That does concern me.

@Oxymoron has posted some reassuring stuff on this in the past and I hope that IM and FM are nowhere near that committee when it convenes to discuss this.

If they are, is there anything the club or we as a fanbase can do?
Surely everything he has said is so against the stadium there is not even a snippet from him that you could say yeah he liked that idea, that he has to viewed predetermined surely. His wife is a different matter although we all know she comments on the fail against it would be hard to actually prove it 100% it was her

Back
Top Bottom