New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Ok so some on here are questioning the financial planning what ever it is, without these people and their plan we are gone
don't like it its their money.
So what's the alternative if you ( whoever that my be ) please tell us as I have no idea

I think £2m a year is accurate for projected hotel profit. The project team also spoke of space within the stadium dedicated for community usage, and that the highest rental income is for medical services. With the main hospitals reaching capacity and with parking such an issue, health provisions are being moved off site where possible. I have recently visited the Oxford diagnostic centre in Cowley which is fantastic and far more accessible that the hospitals. A North Oxford version would be an incredible benefit to the community and would be accessible through existing public transport. This could yield high rental value whilst still saving the NHS a fortune by reducing demand within the city.
Rochdale looking at the potential of having a) a hotel and b) a NHS medical centre leasing space to generate cash from their only asset.

Kieran Maguire speaks to Rochdale chairman Simon Gauge.

Ok so some on here are questioning the financial planning what ever it is, without these people and their plan we are gone
don't like it its their money.
So what's the alternative if you ( whoever that my be ) please tell us as I have no idea
What a ridiculous comment.

People are rightly questioning how the stadium plans will be financed as this is critical for the future of OUFC and its ability to compete and progress. We should absolutely hold the owners to account on this and actually, the recent rhetoric has been that a lot of the financing (I’ve heard all of it) will come from the markets so it’s questionable how much of the overall exposure will be ‘their money’. Potentially having to service c.£170m debt is a tough gig so it should be made very clear how this will be achieved.

So 48.9% of English football league clubs have road closures on a match day. Seems a common and something that is quite manageable.

It's perhaps worth OxVox getting in touch with their counterparts across the EFL and Premier League to evidence a precedent has been set up and down the country every weekend.

How many times do the the fail want to rehash the same story
And then include the line the club will be submitting a planning application for a bridge
I read the article on the Fail late yesterday and god Middleton is a t**t insisting on the bridge being built before they start in the ground knowing full well we are time constrained in getting the ground completed hopefully by 2026.

What a ridiculous comment.

People are rightly questioning how the stadium plans will be financed as this is critical for the future of OUFC and its ability to compete and progress. We should absolutely hold the owners to account on this and actually, the recent rhetoric has been that a lot of the financing (I’ve heard all of it) will come from the markets so it’s questionable how much of the overall exposure will be ‘their money’. Potentially having to service c.£170m debt is a tough gig so it should be made very clear how this will be achieved.
Yes question them but it's not our money and if we don't like it what are we going to do
So Wallop if the financial plan isn't to your liking have you millions to help ?
We have got to run with it because if they walk away we are gone

I read the article on the Fail late yesterday and god Middleton is a t**t insisting on the bridge being built before they start in the ground knowing full well we are time constrained in getting the ground completed hopefully by 2026.

I’m just stunned he wasn’t quoted in that article such his ego to get his name everywhere in the OM on this.

OCC may insist upon this but if a bridge is proven to be dangerous by transport modellers, what then?

Plaguarism used to be frowned upon ,at the very least, yet these days the so called local paper have no such ethics as time and time again the same 'stories' rehashed and re servered up, cold, fed recycled info by the likes of Chester V and his FoSB acolytes , which blight the pages of the news section.

As for the credited writer/ reporter, its seems to me he's rather a silly Folker

Last edited:
To build a bridge will take under a month it will be made off site in 2 halfs and then put together on site and the best bit Oxford rd will need to be closed when they join the 2 halfs together

To build a bridge will take under a month it will be made off site in 2 halfs and then put together on site and the best bit Oxford rd will need to be closed when they join the 2 halfs together
Fare play but we have to say “ we hope “ Middleton is trying all types of tactics the bloke is an absolute cretin and hopefully with all his shenanigans he will be made a laughing stock and the other his I’m honoured to be selected as a candidate to be an MP is laughable. As as I can recall there has only ever been one Green MP and that’s Caroline Lucas.

Oufc do not have the power to close a road I don't know why occ continue with this insistent that it is up to oufc ultimately the decision is made by them not Oufc

This is from occ own website about applying for a temporary road closures

We consult with the following:

Highway Authority
Police
Bus Companies (Stagecoach and Oxford Bus) where a bus route is affected
Fire Service
Ambulance Service
They ask that the consultees reply within 7 days, and then (if needed) to liaise with the applicant to resolve any issues from the consultation. Some issues may need to be determined at the meeting of the Safety Advisory Group.

Even if the consultation process above throws up no objections, an Order to give effect to a road closure (and therefore the event) cannot be progressed unless or until:

evidence of Public Liability Insurance is received - we now required £10 million worth of cover
we are satisfied that there is no significant objection from road frontages - the applicant needs to satisfy us that all frontages have been individually notified and that there is no substantial objection

Fare play but we have to say “ we hope “ Middleton is trying all types of tactics the bloke is an absolute cretin and hopefully with all his shenanigans he will be made a laughing stock and the other his I’m honoured to be selected as a candidate to be an MP is laughable. As as I can recall there has only ever been one Green MP and that’s Caroline Lucas.
Fosb do not have the money to proceed with a legal challenge as proven by Steve hill they have lost many supporters from there failed attempt at getting public money in the form of a grant they have had to change tactics that doesn't cost them money this issue of the road closures is cheap for them Screenshot_2024-02-29-13-14-47-37_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

I’m just stunned he wasn’t quoted in that article such his ego to get his name everywhere in the OM on this.

OCC may insist upon this but if a bridge is proven to be dangerous by transport modellers, what then?
Oxford Road is closed for limited amounts of time, Frieze Way is used by those who need to get where they are going and the world doesn't end.

Fosb do not have the money to proceed with a legal challenge as proven by Steve hill they have lost many supporters from there failed attempt at getting public money in the form of a grant they have had to change tactics that doesn't cost them money this issue of the road closures is cheap for them View attachment 18051
They love the word "foreign" don't they

Surely the issue isn’t who can order the road shut but whether or not the proposal requires it to be shut?

Without a bridge, ours does, and it seems as though that’s a red-line for OCC which would cause it to withdraw its offer of a lease.

Last edited:
Fosb do not have the money to proceed with a legal challenge as proven by Steve hill they have lost many supporters from there failed attempt at getting public money in the form of a grant they have had to change tactics that doesn't cost them money this issue of the road closures is cheap for them View attachment 18051

The one thing I’ve found about Mr Hill is that he is an ultracrepidarian.

I would take his claim about FOSB’s finances with a pinch of salt. He knows nothing about anything so why believe him on this?

(I wouldn’t regard them as having untold riches but even they could stretch to 10p a go at some leaflets. KDW’s contributions could pay for that!)

Back
Top Bottom