New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Thankfully they don't make the decisions though. Well, Middleton and Mawson might but they really shouldn't be near the planning process. It remains a concern of mine that at least Mawson may be there when she shouldn't be. Nor Nigel Simpson either for what it's worth.
In layman's terms, what procedures are in place to ensure people with a pre determined stance on an application are not allowed to vote on such matters?

Throughout the entire process until now, practical constraints have been presented by a handful of people as fundamental reasons to object. Any major project has obstacles to be overcome, with solutions and mitigations put forward (....though, of course, objectors then say ' but we don't like those solutions').

It is not the purpose of a legal planning process to enshrine every bit of opposition, derived from opinions and unevidenced hypotheticals. We're just going to have to trust the process now, and wait.

I understand why you’ve posted this,in so far as it shows that road closures do happen around football stadiums.
But you need to find clubs where busy main roads are closed and not, as per your example, a backstreet.
Coventry City have the option to shut the A444, there's an example.

It once caught me out when Bruce Springsteen was playing there

I
I understand why you’ve posted this,in so far as it shows that road closures do happen around football stadiums.
But you need to find clubs where busy main roads are closed and not, as per your example, a backstreet.
I was just compiling a list I'm half way through take your pick 🤣
Arsenal
Chelsea
Luton town
Southampton
Plymouth
Swansea
Wolves
Tottenham
QPR
Liverpool
Man utd
Man city
Norwich city
Stockport
Birmingham city
Aston villa
Bolton Wanderers(depending on attendance)
Leeds
West Bromwich Albion
Bradford city
Burnley
Crystal palace
Everton
Bournemouth
Fulham
Brentford
Leicester city
Newcastle utd
Nottingham forest
Notts county
Sheffield United
Sheffield Wednesday
Ipswich town
Preston north end
Watford
Sunderland
Middlesbrough
Blackburn rovers
Millwall
Stoke city
Coventry city(depending on attendance)
Derby county
Barnsley
Peterborough (depending on fixture)
Leyton orient

I

Arsenal
Chelsea
Luton town
Southampton
Plymouth
Swansea
Wolves
Tottenham
QPR
Liverpool
Man utd
Man city
Norwich city
Stockport
Birmingham city
Aston villa
Leeds
West Bromwich Albion
Bradford city
Burnley
Crystal palace
Everton
Bournemouth
Fulham
Brentford
Leicester city
Newcastle utd
Nottingham forest
Notts county
Sheffield United
Sheffield Wednesday
Ipswich town
Preston north end
Watford
Sunderland
Middlesbrough
Blackburn rovers
Millwall
Stoke city
Derby county
Barnsley
Leyton orient
I believe that Twickenham does.
Lord's cricket ground ( capacity around 26,000)jas busy main roads around it, but I think that people just cross the road via pelican crossings?

I

Arsenal
Chelsea
Luton town
Southampton
Plymouth
Swansea
Wolves
Tottenham
QPR
Liverpool
Man utd
Man city
Norwich city
Stockport
Birmingham city
Aston villa
Leeds
West Bromwich Albion
Bradford city
Burnley
Crystal palace
Everton
Bournemouth
Fulham
Brentford
Leicester city
Newcastle utd
Nottingham forest
Notts county
Sheffield United
Sheffield Wednesday
Ipswich town
Preston north end
Watford
Sunderland
Middlesbrough
Blackburn rovers
Millwall
Stoke city
Derby county
Barnsley
Leyton orient
It’s not me that might need to be convinced .
Hopefully we will find out on Thursday whether the lease has been signed off and whether a bridge is a condition .

It’s not me that might need to be convinced .
Hopefully we will find out on Thursday whether the lease has been signed off and whether a bridge is a condition .
The lease only gets signed off if planning is approved

I believe that Twickenham does.
Lord's cricket ground ( capacity around 26,000)jas busy main roads around it, but I think that people just cross the road via pelican crossings?
Not seen a road closure at Lord's as you suggest, but then that is respectable Cricket fans, they obey road laws, not like those horrid football fans who just do what they want.

West Brom is an interesting one. Their evening games always kick off at 8pm due to the proximity of the M5.

Not seen a road closure at Lord's as you suggest, but then that is respectable Cricket fans, they obey road laws, not like those horrid football fans who just do what they want.
Same at Twickers, Tarquin and Rupert are always respectable of road laws when on their way to the pub to play some soggy biscuit and force the youngest players on the university team to drink urine through a sock. All jolly japes though.

Drive through Henley when the last day of the regatta is on, they don’t need to close roads as the toffs just walk in them doing that anyway.

Back
Top Bottom