New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

From what I could tell they just loved gaudy blazers.

If Henley can cope with them louts in the middle of them then the North Oxford snobs can cope with us lot a mile away.
They aren't louts, louts are football fans. These people are having a jolly. It's all just jolly japes and a lark.

I believe that Twickenham does.
Lord's cricket ground ( capacity around 26,000)jas busy main roads around it, but I think that people just cross the road via pelican crossings?

You mean people apply common sense and know how to use crossings?! Surely not.

Personally, I'm confident in my ability to cross a road!

I

I was just compiling a list I'm half way through take your pick 🤣
Arsenal
Chelsea
Luton town
Southampton
Plymouth
Swansea
Wolves
Tottenham
QPR
Liverpool
Man utd
Man city
Norwich city
Stockport
Birmingham city
Aston villa
Bolton Wanderers(depending on attendance)
Leeds
West Bromwich Albion
Bradford city
Burnley
Crystal palace
Everton
Bournemouth
Fulham
Brentford
Leicester city
Newcastle utd
Nottingham forest
Notts county
Sheffield United
Sheffield Wednesday
Ipswich town
Preston north end
Watford
Sunderland
Middlesbrough
Blackburn rovers
Millwall
Stoke city
Coventry city(depending on attendance)
Derby county
Barnsley
Peterborough (depending on fixture)
Leyton orient
So 48.9% of English football league clubs have road closures on a match day. Seems a common thing and something that is quite manageable.

Last edited:
So 48.9% of English football league clubs have road closures on a match day. Seems a common and something that is quite manageable.
Thats not a complete list I got bored if I get chance I'll finish it off the ones that are left are mostly league one and two so I expect less to have road closures but to you never know

How many times do the the fail want to rehash the same story
And then include the line the club will be submitting a planning application for a bridge
They've clearly seen the 94 comments, the thousands of clicks and thought "yep, it worked last time, let's rerun it again"

Just another article for the likes of Hill, Thompson and a certain Meister to unload a load of untruths and lies. Depressing.

They've clearly seen the 94 comments, the thousands of clicks and thought "yep, it worked last time, let's rerun it again"

Just another article for the likes of Hill, Thompson and a certain Meister to unload a load of untruths and lies. Depressing.
The fact still remains Oxford united do not have the power to close a road we can apply for a road closure just like anyone but it's up to the council to grant that permission so I don't see how or why occ keep saying we insist Oxford road must remain open when it's their call in the first place

The fact still remains Oxford united do not have the power to close a road we can apply for a road closure just like anyone but it's up to the council to grant that permission so I don't see how or why occ keep saying we insist Oxford road must remain open when it's their call in the first place
It's a little worrying that it's being painted to be our responsibility when it isn't. Who is trying to put the locals of Kidlington against the stadium I wonder? Or are the OM twisting things again for a few clicks?

I really hope we get some insight next week on the financing of the stadium, i.e. where is the revenue going to come from that's going to pay for servicing the debt and providing a return on equity for the project company? GF made a curious comment in his interview "all the economic benefits will come into the club over and above servicing the cost of debt". Aside from charging the club rent, what revenues will the stadium have? Do concessions and corporate events really bring in enough to make a return on £100m plus of capital investment?

He also seemed to imply that the club might own the stadium itself through a "subsidiary or sister company" which I'm not sure would be a good thing in the long term.

It's a little worrying that it's being painted to be our responsibility when it isn't. Who is trying to put the locals of Kidlington against the stadium I wonder? Or are the OM twisting things again for a few clicks?
The article says

"This comes after a Freedom of Information request shared with the Oxford Mail"

The kings of FOIA are fosb. again this non story is fosb trying it's best to keep relevant to look like they are actually doing something there attempted money grab of public funds has hurt them badly and at a guess they have had a backlash from those who support them. In the comments section on the first story even Steve hill has admitted fosb don't have the funds to even print leaflets and with maybe dwindling support they don't have the money to fight this so going a different route

The article says

"This comes after a Freedom of Information request shared with the Oxford Mail"

The kings of FOIA are fosb. again this non story is fosb trying it's best to keep relevant to look like they are actually doing something there attempted money grab of public funds has hurt them badly and at a guess they have had a backlash from those who support them. In the comments section on the first story even Steve hill has admitted fosb don't have the funds to even print leaflets and with maybe dwindling support they don't have the money to fight this so going a different route
And Middleton is known to go running to the Fail when he has a "juicy" story. I think you could be very well right there.

I really hope we get some insight next week on the financing of the stadium, i.e. where is the revenue going to come from that's going to pay for servicing the debt and providing a return on equity for the project company? GF made a curious comment in his interview "all the economic benefits will come into the club over and above servicing the cost of debt". Aside from charging the club rent, what revenues will the stadium have? Do concessions and corporate events really bring in enough to make a return on £100m plus of capital investment?

He also seemed to imply that the club might own the stadium itself through a "subsidiary or sister company" which I'm not sure would be a good thing in the long term.
Between 7- 10% is usually considered a very good return on an investment.
So could the new stadium with hotel etc give the financiers an average £7m annual return, whist not crippling the club?
At a rough estimate the hotel might make around £2m a year, depending on the number of rooms.

Between 7- 10% is usually considered a very good return on an investment.
So could the new stadium with hotel etc give the financiers an average £7m annual return, whist not crippling the club?
At a rough estimate the hotel might make around £2m a year, depending on the number of rooms.

I think £2m a year is accurate for projected hotel profit. The project team also spoke of space within the stadium dedicated for community usage, and that the highest rental income is for medical services. With the main hospitals reaching capacity and with parking such an issue, health provisions are being moved off site where possible. I have recently visited the Oxford diagnostic centre in Cowley which is fantastic and far more accessible that the hospitals. A North Oxford version would be an incredible benefit to the community and would be accessible through existing public transport. This could yield high rental value whilst still saving the NHS a fortune by reducing demand within the city.

Back
Top Bottom