New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

"Recent events and information, however, have influenced our strategy such that, we believe legal action (if still required) will now be more effective at the planning stage. We have, therefore, withdrawn our application"

The only recent information would be that they got told there was no way that KPC could approve the grant, so it was best to withdraw and save face with some cock and bull story in an attempt to salvage a bit of credibility for their continued existence.

Seems strange that a local group who talk so frequently about transparency have hidden their latest message on a website accessed by very small numbers, rather than across Nextdoor or Facebook.

It shows their complete disregard for local residents that he wants to take money away from local services but without the decency to inform locals of their view.

Does this mean that they still want the grant?
Pretty much they will try again and hope to sneak in without someone seeing it at the next available opportunity think kpc have this grant available 4 times a year

Pretty much they will try again and hope to sneak in without someone seeing it at the next available opportunity think kpc have this grant available 4 times a year
Up to six times at the P and F meetings, but I think we need to watch all agendas starting Friday when the full council agenda should appear. The co-options for the two vacancies will be indicative as well. That should happen next week if they have candidates.

Let's pick this apart...

"We have strong support in Kidlington"
Nope. Half of the 600 FOSB supporters don't live in Kidlington.

"Consultations to date demonstrate a majority locally are against a stadium on the Triangle"
Nope 71% of the parish couldn't be bothered to vote. So you can't say they are for, or against the stadium, they just don't have a strong opinion. Only 20% have actively said they are against the stadium. Fact.

"Oxford United’s owners and the County Council have chosen to proceed with their stadium bid regardless of local opinion and legal advice to suggest this course of action is unlawful".
What on earth is unlawful? And to imply it's proceeding regardless of local opinion (20% of the population) is a bit rich.

"Oxford United has promised to contribute to the improvement and upkeep of Stratfield Brake if its new stadium is built on the Triangle. But so far, the club has shown itself to be an unreliable partner"
When has Oxford United been shown to be an unreliable partner? Plus, the upkeep commitment is based entirely upon a successful planning application.

"funding is at the mercy of its overseas owners."
Two points here. Funding for the upkeep of Stratfield Brake would be written into the lease agreement, so the point is irrelevant.
"Overseas owners" has overtones of racism.

"We remain deeply sceptical about the club’s community commitments"
On what grounds? They already do a tremendous amount of community work, and have done so for many, many years. Why would this change?

"Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL[1]) money, from the houses due to be built around Kidlington will be available to help fund improvements to sports resources, but it is vital that these are spent with the interests of local people in mind, not those of Oxford United."
Why would council money be spent on Oxford United? It's Oxford United that would be spending the money improving the sports facilities for the local people, as part of their lease agreement. And just think what that £7,000 of council money could have been spent on instead of a poll demanded by FOSB and their cohorts.

Delusional.

Let's pick this apart...

"We have strong support in Kidlington"
Nope. Half of the 600 FOSB supporters don't live in Kidlington.

"Consultations to date demonstrate a majority locally are against a stadium on the Triangle"
Nope 71% of the parish couldn't be bothered to vote. So you can't say they are for, or against the stadium, they just don't have a strong opinion. Only 20% have actively said they are against the stadium. Fact.

"Oxford United’s owners and the County Council have chosen to proceed with their stadium bid regardless of local opinion and legal advice to suggest this course of action is unlawful".
What on earth is unlawful? And to imply it's proceeding regardless of local opinion (20% of the population) is a bit rich.

"Oxford United has promised to contribute to the improvement and upkeep of Stratfield Brake if its new stadium is built on the Triangle. But so far, the club has shown itself to be an unreliable partner"
When has Oxford United been shown to be an unreliable partner? Plus, the upkeep commitment is based entirely upon a successful planning application.

"funding is at the mercy of its overseas owners."
Two points here. Funding for the upkeep of Stratfield Brake would be written into the lease agreement, so the point is irrelevant.
"Overseas owners" has overtones of racism.

"We remain deeply sceptical about the club’s community commitments"
On what grounds? They already do a tremendous amount of community work, and have done so for many, many years. Why would this change?

"Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL[1]) money, from the houses due to be built around Kidlington will be available to help fund improvements to sports resources, but it is vital that these are spent with the interests of local people in mind, not those of Oxford United."
Why would council money be spent on Oxford United? It's Oxford United that would be spending the money improving the sports facilities for the local people, as part of their lease agreement. And just think what that £7,000 of council money could have been spent on instead of a poll demanded by FOSB and their cohorts.

Delusional.
Did 20% say no to a stadium you could argue that 20% actually said no to kpc supporting the stadium proposal

600 members is another question I'd argue it's a guess at best by them to be a member you just have to subscribe to a newsletter and at guess I'm pretty sure there will be plenty of ox fans who signed up just see what they say

In the last week Middleton has embarrassed himself (again) and found himself banned from Nextdoor (again), and FoSB have badly misread the room with their grant application and have had to back down and withdraw this whilst losing some of their most vocal supporters.

Although FoSB have said that there will be another application for a grant, it will be interesting to see if that includes an updated set of accounts. Imagine if this was resubmitted in a couple of months with legal bills still not paid despite having sufficient funds (just) in the bank? Would that be the sort of organisation that you would trust with public funds?

We may have slipped from the initial timeframes that we were working to, and we've not everything right by a long way. But I still feel that we're in a good position to submit a planning application soon, and that this will be successful.

In the last week Middleton has embarrassed himself (again) and found himself banned from Nextdoor (again), and FoSB have badly misread the room with their grant application and have had to back down and withdraw this whilst losing some of their most vocal supporters.

Although FoSB have said that there will be another application for a grant, it will be interesting to see if that includes an updated set of accounts. Imagine if this was resubmitted in a couple of months with legal bills still not paid despite having sufficient funds (just) in the bank? Would that be the sort of organisation that you would trust with public funds?

We may have slipped from the initial timeframes that we were working to, and we've not everything right by a long way. But I still feel that we're in a good position to submit a planning application soon, and that this will be successful.

And how are we doing on the lease?

I hope the legality of all this can be scrutinised also if they get it, then a letter to the Oxford fail should be made

I wonder who writes these FOSB updates?

Because that person(s) must be such a miserable individual. Every time I read something from them it sucks the life out of me, full of negativity and lies. It really must be depressing to be so miserable and mean spirited.

To be so against other people's enjoyment, that you feel the need to spend much of your time trying to destroy it, takes a really special kind of spitefulness.

As much as I look forward to the new stadium, I look forward to being rid of these doom mongers.

"Recent events and information, however, have influenced our strategy such that, we believe legal action (if still required) will now be more effective at the planning stage"

Wary of this part. Wonder what events and information has suddenly come to light that wasn't previously? or just posturing from FOSB?

Because that person(s) must be such a miserable individual. Every time I read something from them it sucks the life out of me, full of negativity and lies. It really must be depressing to be so miserable and mean spirited.

To be so against other people's enjoyment, that you feel the need to spend much of your time trying to destroy it, takes a really special kind of spitefulness.

As much as I look forward to the new stadium, I look forward to being rid of these doom mongers.

I would guess the person who writes them isn’t a fan of volleyball given the tone of general misery.

Now who would hate football that much and might write a update for fosb 🤔🤔Screenshot_2024-01-16-20-50-24-03_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

"Recent events and information, however, have influenced our strategy such that, we believe legal action (if still required) will now be more effective at the planning stage"

Wary of this part. Wonder what events and information has suddenly come to light that wasn't previously? or just posturing from FOSB?
On this point. I don’t think it’s posturing, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve found out some interesting information from someone who should be keeping it confidential, most likely working for the council.

On this point. I don’t think it’s posturing, I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ve found out some interesting information from someone who should be keeping it confidential, most likely working for the council.
You don’t think? Is that just a guess or based on some knowledge?

Just an attempt at face saving. They can’t lie straight in bed.

Ironically that will be read more on here than anywhere else.

Back
Top Bottom