New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Why didn't Vicky cross the road? Because Middleton wasn't there to hold her hand

Why wasn't the road closed?

Because all FoSB members were attempting to cross at the same time and it wasn't considered a crowd control issue.

Knock, knock.

Who’s there?

Road closed boo.

Road closed boo who?

Don’t cry, it will only be closed to private vehicles for a couple of hours every other week of the football season. Buses will still allowed through. The under used Frieze Way will still be open and will only add a few minutes to your journey.

I must admit to being a tad confused to the basis of the furore over temporary restrictions being imposed on Oxford Road.

Opposition have constantly decried the initiative to have people make their way to the stadium by public transport and have insisted that supporters will continue to drive there en-mass and will park in the residential areas of Kidlington.

That being the case, surely they should be petitioning to have restrictions on Oxford Road NORTH of the roundabout and also perhaps on the Bicester Road .....

I must admit to being a tad confused to the basis of the furore over temporary restrictions being imposed on Oxford Road.

Opposition have constantly decried the initiative to have people make their way to the stadium by public transport and have insisted that supporters will continue to drive there en-mass and will park in the residential areas of Kidlington.

That being the case, surely they should be petitioning to have restrictions on Oxford Road NORTH of the roundabout and also perhaps on the Bicester Road .....
Well put, but petitioning to do that won't directly stop the stadium not being granted planning permission so they aren't interested.

Last day of the exhibition at the Holiday Inn today.

Will suggest they copy this in Austria:

View attachment 16365

Is that Vienna?

They have some great old grounds (from pictures/videos only) such as Wiener Sports and First Vienna (which still has the old terracing from the far larger previous incarnation).

Poststadion in Berlin is like First Vienna's ground as well unless they've recently developed it.

Is that Vienna?

They have some great old grounds (from pictures/videos only) such as Wiener Sports and First Vienna (which still has the old terracing from the far larger previous incarnation).

Poststadion in Berlin is like First Vienna's ground as well unless they've recently developed it.

Google lens tell me its FavSC Platz.

Is that Vienna?

Poststadion is a listed building so they can't develop it as such. They have renovated it in line with requirements over the past few years though, looks nice and now has some new, modern sport facilities inside and out.

I've just sent some feedback in to the club/architects with a random assortment of ideas/feedback following the artist impressions. It's been very encouraging that they have requested this from fans, but it'll be interesting to see just how serious they are about engaging with fan feedback and using it to refine the design.

I'm interested to hear whether anyone else has sent their feedback in, and if so, what sort of stuff? As a random selection of things I have sent in, I raised:

• Proximity of the seats to the pitch
  • Large safe standing area behind the goal
  • Making that standing area unallocated, rather than having allocated 'seats'
  • Resisting the introduction of lots of 'corporate' stuff alongside the move (e.g. no music after goals etc)
  • Local food and drink in the sports bar and concourses (lardy cake!)
  • Utilising the bowl design of the stadium to keep concourses open and allow fans to move around between stands
  • Wide range of food available, including varying prices and types of food
I know the battle isn't won yet, but we'll only get one chance to make this the home we've always wanted, and if it does happen, we need to make sure we get it right!

I've just sent some feedback in to the club/architects with a random assortment of ideas/feedback following the artist impressions. It's been very encouraging that they have requested this from fans, but it'll be interesting to see just how serious they are about engaging with fan feedback and using it to refine the design.

I'm interested to hear whether anyone else has sent their feedback in, and if so, what sort of stuff? As a random selection of things I have sent in, I raised:

• Proximity of the seats to the pitch
  • Large safe standing area behind the goal
  • Making that standing area unallocated, rather than having allocated 'seats'
  • Resisting the introduction of lots of 'corporate' stuff alongside the move (e.g. no music after goals etc)
  • Local food and drink in the sports bar and concourses (lardy cake!)
  • Utilising the bowl design of the stadium to keep concourses open and allow fans to move around between stands
  • Wide range of food available, including varying prices and types of food
I know the battle isn't won yet, but we'll only get one chance to make this the home we've always wanted, and if it does happen, we need to make sure we get it right!

I had a lengthy conversation with the project team and discussed much of what you asked.

All seats will be significantly closer to the pitch with even the furthest back seat giving a better viewing experience than pretty much anything at the current stadium.

"Safe standing" is actually "railed standing" and therefore needs to be allocated in the same way a seat is. This is part of the regulations about their use and nothing we can change at this stage.

Although not part of the stadium thinking, the soul of the club will not change and there are no plans for "goal music" etc.

Local food and drink will certainly be part of the extensive range provided. There will be something for everyone at variable price points both inside and outside the ground. The stadium is being designed to give everyone access to everything rather than just repeating the same generic hot dog, pie and lukewarm carlsberg every 50 metres. There will also be numerous places where people will be able to sit and eat/drink around the concourse rather than the current depressing situation where you have to juggle everything whilst standing outside the toilets!

There will also be wheelchair access to all areas and consideration on how all fans will be able to have the same experience regardless of any differences they have. Everything is being designed to provide a first class experience for absolutely everyone.

And finally, thank you for sending your feedback. The exhibition has closed but its still really important that everyone engages and makes their views known. The stadium can only meet the needs of everyone of their needs are known.

Sent another email this morning to the new stadium team...

Hi Stadium team,

Having heard from supporters who have attended the project exhibition, it appears that the intention is for the away supporters to be located in the southeast corner, with the home safe standing behind the northern goal.

Under the current designs I believe this to be a flawed decision in terms of match atmosphere for a number of reasons, and have some alternative suggestions to improve this.

-The roof is lowest in the southeastern corner and the roof is highest behind the northern goal. This means noise will be amplified by the away supporters and muffled by the home supporters. This would drastically reduce the match day experience in my opinion and possible affect the 'home advantage'.

I would suggest moving the 5th floor of hotel to be along the western stand. Then opt for a stepped roof at either end of the west stand instead of the sloping roof current shown. This would allow the roof to be much lower behind the northern goal, improving home atmosphere whilst not impacting hotel capacity.

-The stand is smaller behind the northern goal due to the hotel and boxes there, meaning we will have less space for vocal supporters to make noise, again reducing the atmosphere.

It would be better to set the hotel space further back (a couple of meters or so) from the pitch to allow the stand to be full height here.

-The concourse will be split in two for home supporters restricting access to the commercial areas at the norther end for any home supporters sat behind the south goal.

I would suggest relocating the away supporters to the southwestern corner to allow for free movement of home supporters around the concourse. They will still be close to the train station and would be closer to the car park for coach pickup.

-The plans currently show an air gap all around the roof at the back of the stands. This will allow for noise to escape and wind to pass through, reducing atmosphere inside the stadium and making it less comfortable during colder seasons.

It would be better to make the glass/perspex barrier full height so to close the air gap.

Please take on board my suggestions as we only have one chance to make this stadium the best it can possibly be.

Back
Top Bottom