New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

So I didnt get a bite from the usual crew but Tim Green of Cutteslowe has accused me of threatening words to FOSB. Tim I've been informed by one of the FOSB insiders is "Friends of Cutteslowe & Sunnymead Park's" Secretary. Suzanne McIvor is Treasurer of that same organisation.

From Tim:

"FOSB is a very loose collection of people who are trying to defend the green belt which divides kidlington from Oxford. The main aim of the green belt is to stop villages being subsumed into larger conurbations. It is a worthy aim to defend the green belt which is under threat all over the place. Oxford City Council"

There's more info passed on Tim, but its not relevant but easily searchable online.

So I didnt get a bite from the usual crew but Tim Green of Cutteslowe has accused me of threatening words to FOSB. Tim I've been informed by one of the FOSB insiders is "Friends of Cutteslowe & Sunnymead Park's" Secretary. Suzanne McIvor is Treasurer of that same organisation.

From Tim:

"FOSB is a very loose collection of people who are trying to defend the green belt which divides kidlington from Oxford. The main aim of the green belt is to stop villages being subsumed into larger conurbations. It is a worthy aim to defend the green belt which is under threat all over the place. Oxford City Council"

There's more info passed on Tim, but its not relevant but easily searchable online.
Threatening?! What planet are these people on?

Not sure you can compare a quarry to a football stadium, the main point being you don't have 1000's of residents backing a quarry application but you have hundreds trying to reject it.
You can compare the two as ultimately it is the same planning policy framework which has to be used to justify in favour/against development irrespective of public feeling.

The need to submit letters of support is important and carries a degree of weight but planning applications are not determined on public opinion.

• React
Reactions: MJB
I thought Jerome was playing more of a devil's advocate to the news with McWilliams, reassuring any fears or doubts about leasehold and planning problems fans may have.
Yeah this was my thought too, he’s oxford through and through. I’ve spoke to him many times. He’s a good bloke but also in his job needs to be seen to be impartial. He’s not just a football reporter

You can compare the two as ultimately it is the same planning policy framework which has to be used to justify in favour/against development irrespective of public feeling.

The need to submit letters of support is important and carries a degree of weight but planning applications are not determined on public opinion.
As a working planning officer (not at Cherwell DC) I agree that we look purely upon how the proposal meets the relevant local and national policies and I have every confidence that if the proposal is fully compliant, then the officer recommendation would be to approve it regardless of a local backlash. My only worry is that in my experience, planning committee members (who are not qualified planning officers) are more easily swayed by public opinion. Whilst a refusal could ultimately be overturned at appeal, it could result in a lengthy delay that we really want to avoid. For that reason we need to continue to show our support in numbers

Have you got a time when they were on? I’d like to listen but CBA attempting to find it from the breakfast show.
Im out n about atm ( just been for a swim!) - it was early-ish on the breakfast show ( I think?)

Speaking of Twitter, any Jewish fans of OUFC on here? IM holds an anti-Israel position (which of course he has a right to do if conveyed appropriately). I found it particularly worrying that he does not prescribe to the Anti-Defamation League’s definition of antisemitism. There’s bound to be a nugget or two in there if anyone has the time since the line between antisemitism and criticism of Israel’s actions can be a fine one.

Don't go there about the ADL. It's a Jewish/Israeli-funded lobbying organisation whose primary purposen is to proscribe legitimate criticism of a colonist settler apartheid state that stole the land from its inhabitants* and is in the process of ethnically cleansing the territory it has occupied. The state calls itself 'Israel'.

Subscription to the ADL definition of 'anti-semitism' prevents effective discussion and sanctions against the illegal activities of the state, that's why the ADL is there. I've no idea whether Middleton is against the Hebrew religion or its practictioners but tarring him with the antisemite brush because of his position on the ADL is a cheap, deceitful trick.

* The 1922 Palestine census (under the British Mandate): reported population was 757,182, including the military and persons of foreign nationality. The division into religious groups was 590,890 Muslims, 83,794 Jews, 73,024 Christians, 7,028 Druze, 408 Sikhs, 265 Baháʼís, 156 Metawalis, and 163 Samaritans.

Last edited:

From Tim:

He was the one who had the FoSB poster claiming 'Oxford United Football Club have been mobilising their fanbase.... (etc)' at the top of a Next door thread removed ( in fact the whole thread was deleted) - he is absolutely linked to FoSB

btw said FoSB poster was potentially libellous IMO- we all know it was OxVox & OUSP who 'mobilised the fanbase- the club has behaved impeccably throughout, despite goading and provocation, not to mention misinformation and mistruths circulated as fact by the pressure group

Last edited:
Not just the usual suspects being negative. Did anyone hear Jerome Sale during the pre-match build up last night? He couldn't have been much more negative if he'd tried. Focused on pretty much anything that could go wrong and I felt really brought the mood down. I switched off and didn't listen to the game.
I guess we all interpret things in different ways, but I felt he was doing his job as a good journalist. He was getting the opinion of the club on the change to leasehold from freehold, and he was trying to gauge how they’re going to continue to respond to the negative comments/opposition to the plan. He’s also a fan like the rest of us and will want this to happen as much as we all do.

out of interst ( 2 threads closed now) - has the OCC cabinet member who abstained in the vote been identified as yet?

He was toeing his party line , voting as his party told him to ( surprisingly - not as his constituents nor residents of Oxfordshire and beyond asked him to)

out of interst ( 2 threads closed now) - has the OCC cabinet member who abstained in the vote been identified as yet?

He was toeing his party line , voting as his party told him to ( surprisingly - not as his constituents nor residents of Oxfordshire and beyond asked him to)

I believe it was Cllr Sudbury (Green), seemed to reluctantly abstain.

Whatever seats we get, what ever colour they are - please can we ensure that they don't fade horribly in the sun. There's little that ages a stadium so quickly as patchy, faded banks of seating.

Too early for detail of this level?

I believe it was Cllr Sudbury (Green), seemed to reluctantly abstain.
thanks.... is he not chair/ leader of the Greens on OCC , With Robin 'truck festival' Bennett as his deputy leader, the only other green ( I may be wrong on this?) on the County council is Yarton's own Chester V ?

Basically then the Oxfordshire greens per see are opposed to the Stadium despite the fact ( in line with National Green policy) that new builds should be served by public transport links . And that's disregarding the Net Zero requirements of the 'deal' - are Oxfordshire Greens actually true green's? .... or is there an enclave of pseudo green party members based in a certain area, who are really infiltrators, manipulating the local green party for their own ends?

Back
Top Bottom