New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Planning

Hmm. Not sure this is quite the right tone to be taking to be honest. As a poster said above, the club has behaved impeccably throughout this process and has been very professional with its communications. We know that there are disingenuous bad-faith actors who oppose the stadium, but tweets like this (and the other 'wildflower' reference earlier in the day) are in danger of coming across as gloating to people who may have legitimate concerns about the stadium being built. We need to bring people along with us, not risk now giving the appearance of rubbing it in.

Hmm. Not sure this is quite the right tone to be taking to be honest. As a poster said above, the club has behaved impeccably throughout this process and has been very professional with its communications. We know that there are disingenuous bad-faith actors who oppose the stadium, but tweets like this (and the other 'wildflower' reference earlier in the day) are in danger of coming across as gloating to people who may have legitimate concerns about the stadium being built. We need to bring people along with us, not risk now giving the appearance of rubbing it in.
Yup. The earlier one was subtle enough. This isn’t.

Ian Middleton - 'I have been vindicated'. 🤣 Unbelievable.

F6La0EsWAAA_Lvf

Ian Middleton - 'I have been vindicated'. 🤣 Unbelievable.

I listed back and shouted ‘f**k off’ when he said that! They were barely listening to him. Strong ‘needless to say, I had the last laugh’ vibes about what he said.

I’ll say again, he really does think himself a maverick, contrarian Green when everyone around him is red, blue and yellow. He sees things others don’t and whatever he says is right.

How he twisted it that the cabinet came around to his way of thinking like some sort of ‘12 Angry Men’ episode beggars belief.

Yup. The earlier one was subtle enough. This isn’t.
Nah, I think it's a good clear message. The club read EVERYTHING in those documents and are allowed to comment.

If someone aka Ian Chester the holier than thow I'm always right and beyond any criticism Middleton gets upset when he's been calling Oxford fans stupid, mentally ill or worse, then fking great.

Agreed, it’s absolutely not the tone to be adopted, regardless of how significant yesterdays decision was for the club. For me the fact the decision went our way is satisfying enough, I don’t feel the need to rub anyone’s nose in it. Stay classy.

Really? I can’t see the issue. I see this as a bit of fun in response to a daft sweeping generalisation about football fans. If the person who made the comment would like to raise genuine concerns then the club will engage. If they want to have silly, dated preconceptions about a huge constituency of people then they deserve a gentle joke.

So much silence is respectable, but sometimes you want to, even subtly, stick up for your side. It’s not going to stop the stadium getting the go ahead.

I just listened to Campbell and Middleton's "interviews"

Deluded is one word I could use. Disingenuous is another. Spiteful is yet another. But the one I prefer is losers, because no matter how they dress it up, that's what they are.

This has been a long time coming for some of us, and we've had to put up with doubt that it's possible, even from our own fans in the beginning. We've had lies, slander, scaremongering, deceitfulness, and being patronised by the opposition, so I for one will now delight in seeing them squirm and try to put a some spin on their loss. Because that's what they've done, they've lost. And I'll take even greater delight when we win the next stage of this process, and then again when the bulldozers move in, and finally I'll burst with pride when we play our first game at the new stadium.

And nothing that Campbell, McIvor, Robey, Hill, Middleton or the looney nuclear guy do is going to stop me.
Well it is only a small step 😂

I think political allegiances don't come into this on both sides. We as OUFC fans have set aside our political views to one side for one common goal. I thanked Councilor Walker on Twitter last night for his tireless work and support in helping us achieve yesterday's result. However I would be very hard pressed to be convinced to vote for his political party.

Let's stay united as one and not bring politics into it where possible.
I’d go further. It’s f**k all to do with politics.

Agreed, it’s absolutely not the tone to be adopted, regardless of how significant yesterdays decision was for the club. For me the fact the decision went our way is satisfying enough, I don’t feel the need to rub anyone’s nose in it. Stay classy.

Going to have to disagree here, Making a light hearted joke at the ridiculous claims from the opposition is probably the best way to counter them. I'm waiting for the tweet saying Edwards strike on Saturday was like a nuclear rocket.

The opposition should stick to facts not fantasy.

I've now posted my thanks to the fans of Bristol City, Nottm Forest, and West Ham and had some really nice messages back, with offers of further help if needed in the future.

THAT is what the football family is all about FOSB, Middleton and Co, not the scum you've tried to portray us as.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna turn into a snowflake, because, of a lying bully....

I've now posted my thanks to the fans of Bristol City, Not Forest, and West Ham and had some really nice messages back, with offers of further help if needed in the future.

THAT is what the football family is all about FOSB, Middleton and Co, not the scum you've tried to portray us as.
Excellent.

I’ve gone back and thanked a couple of other club’s fan groups today. Received some supportive messages back.

One person asked if we were calling it The New Manor (I wish!)

Another asked if we were going to rename ourselves Kidlington United 😂

Going to have to disagree here, Making a light hearted joke at the ridiculous claims from the opposition is probably the best way to counter them. I'm waiting for the tweet saying Edwards strike on Saturday was like a nuclear rocket.

I agree. Jeering about residents not being able to park or ploughing up the green belt and I’d have something to say.

Making light of one the top five most ridiculous things FOSB have said is fine in my book.

Don’t do it often but on this occasion, good on the club.

I just listened to Campbell and Middleton's "interviews"

Deluded is one word I could use. Disingenuous is another. Spiteful is yet another. But the one I prefer is losers, because no matter how they dress it up, that's what they are.

This has been a long time coming for some of us, and we've had to put up with doubt that it's possible, even from our own fans in the beginning. We've had lies, slander, scaremongering, deceitfulness, and being patronised by the opposition, so I for one will now delight in seeing them squirm and try to put a some spin on their loss. Because that's what they've done, they've lost. And I'll take even greater delight when we win the next stage of this process, and then again when the bulldozers move in, and finally I'll burst with pride when we play our first game at the new stadium.

And nothing that Campbell, McIvor, Robey, Hill, Middleton or the looney nuclear guy do is going to stop me.
Let’s never forget what Mr Middleton has tried to do
He has tried to destroy OUFC and we will never forgive him for that
I really hope @Billyox and @SwissYellow amo get others can destroy his reputation and make sure he is never allowed to represent any of the good folk of Oxfordshire
I loathe the racist misogynist

And we should stick to the moral high ground, as hard as that they may be under provocation. Personal view.

Back
Top Bottom