General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a dreadful letter, full of mistruths, a clear inability to accept basic facts, a racist slur, and misrepresentation (bending) of figures to suit their agenda. It smacks of desperation.

I have a feeling those CC'd will be getting quite fed up with the constant repetition of poor or untrue arguments from FoSB.

Thankfully, the others CC'd will have received many more letters outlining the positive aspects both for the local economy, the local population, and the far more green and sustainable attributes of a new stadium for both home and away supporters. Plus of course, the redevelopment of the Grenoble Road site will help take the pressure off other green land sites currently earmarked for housing.

Roll on 19th Sept.

I thought one of their supporters on Nextdoor was going to fund the Judicial Review.....

Come on Tackley Steve, put your money where your mouth is.

FoSB's letter is passive aggressive and has a threatening tone, let's hope the councillors stand up to their threats and intimidation.

It is a dreadful letter, full of mistruths, a clear inability to accept basic facts, a racist slur, and misrepresentation (bending) of figures to suit their agenda. It smacks of desperation.

I have a feeling those CC'd will be getting quite fed up with the constant repetition of poor or untrue arguments from FoSB.

Thankfully, the others CC'd will have received many more letters outlining the positive aspects both for the local economy, the local population, and the far more green and sustainable attributes of a new stadium for both home and away supporters. Plus of course, the redevelopment of the Grenoble Road site will help take the pressure off other green land sites currently earmarked for housing.

Roll on 19th Sept.
hopefully they will have done, but dont be complacent - less than 3 weeks to email the county council cabinet members , if not already emailed.. AND less than three weeks to ask everyone else , partners, relatives, friends etc to also email the county council cabinet members support for the Stadium, as well as urging no more delays

Last edited:
hopefully they will have done, but dont be complacent - less than 3 weeks to email the county council cabinet members , if not already... AND less than three weks to ask everyone else , partners, relatives, friend etc to also email the county council cabinet members support for the Stadium, as well as urging no more delays
100% this.

On Thursday 7th September Kidlington Parish Council will be holding a special meeting for the councillors to discuss the finding of those who live in Kidlington, who took part in the consultation. They will be deciding on what recommendations they will make or wether they support the development or not. The meeting will be available on zoom and accessed from the KPC web site. The meeting starts at 7.30pm. The more people who watch this meeting or attend the better as it will highlight those who are against or for the new stadium.OM

Just looked on FoSB's funding page and they've received donations of over £600 in the last 24hrs or so. They clearly have a strong core of supporters willing to see this challenged so it's absolutely essential that we do not underestimate the battle we face.

Someone willing to put their hand in their pocket to the tune of £10, £20 or £50 will think nothing of emailing councillors and getting others to do the same.

We simply have to mobilise everyone we can to make our feelings known on this matter. If you haven't emailed your councillor and others on the committee then do it. If you have emailed then get your family, friends or work colleagues to do the same. If you've done all of that then share in social media why and link email addresses to encourage others to do the same.

And it won't cost you a penny, but it could make all of the difference in saving our club.

Last edited:
and just who drafted that on FoSB behalf ? hmmmmm .... Im no gambler, but, if I was Id put my money on someone who claims neutrality, who may well have been 'reported' to the green party for his latest antics and escapades resulting in a suspension from a local social media platform?

Steve Hill or was it Steve Fisher? - Hill is the most likely as he earns £1k ( claimed) an hour !
It was Steve Hill ( who seems to have gone quiet?)

Get on zoom next Thursday and listen in to the councillors debate their response.The more who watch or attend the better. I have emailed the cabinet and support this move. KPC web site will have the details for zoom Tuesday or Wednesday.

On Thursday 7th September Kidlington Parish Council will be holding a special meeting for the councillors to discuss the finding of those who live in Kidlington, who took part in the consultation. They will be deciding on what recommendations they will make or wether they support the development or not. The meeting will be available on zoom and accessed from the KPC web site. The meeting starts at 7.30pm. The more people who watch this meeting or attend the better as it will highlight those who are against or for the new stadium.OM

Pointless exercise, they've been against the proposals since day one and they have behaved disingenuously several times throughout the process.

They'll decide to fall into line with their FoSB mates and adopt a formal object stance (shock).

It's not a pointless exercise Orkney as they will see how many are watching them debate and what they are saying. Nothing at this point is a waste of time. If you don't want to login that's fine but the more that hear what is said and by who the better in my opinion.
Pointless exercise, they've been against the proposals since day one and they have behaved disingenuously several times throughout the process.

They'll decide to fall into line with their FoSB mates and adopt a formal object stance (shock).

It's not a pointless exercise Orkney as they will see how many are watching them debate and what they are saying. Nothing at this point is a waste of time. If you don't want to login that's fine but the more that hear what is said and by who the better in my opinion.

I meant KPC having a meeting to debate formalising their stance, they're against it, always have been.

That's not fair on the whole parish council, and I think that there will be a few who are getting fed up with being used as a political football by FoSB and certain councillors.

It's hugely important to engage with everyone regardless of any preconceived thoughts on where they stand on this.

That's not fair on the whole parish council, and I think that there will be a few who are getting fed up with being used as a political football by FoSB and certain councillors.

It's hugely important to engage with everyone regardless of any preconceived thoughts on where they stand on this.

Do you honestly think there's anything any of us can say to KPC that'll get them to accept the proposals and welcome OUFC to Kidlington?

Last edited:
I'm surprised that they are not calling for people to email the council like we are

It’s not KPC land, they don’t have much say in it.

This. I don’t know why we’re concerned what KPC think or why they are even discussing it. They had skin in the game once. They don’t anymore. They have two agents, at least, in their ranks as we know.

Luckily for KPC, the club have a pledge to upgrade the facilities at SB as a sweetener to the people of Kidlington. They don’t have to but they have decided to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom