General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
First day of the final month when this huge council decision (which hangs over the club, the city, the fans and the local area) must be made.
In less than 3 weeks we will know if The Triangle is make or break!
My feeling is it's slightly better than 50:50 but plenty of work still to be done.

A nice environment to watch professional sport which is easy to get would inspire people to get involved in sport and physical activities.

A nice environment to watch professional sport which is easy to get would inspire people to get involved in sport and physical activities.

Fantastic, I'm completely in favour of that initiative*.

*as long as they don't build anything within 10 miles of my house.

Exactly what SB was for

I was reading Politico's daily email last night in relation to the Cabinet mini-reshuffle. They made reference to the news that Wantage MP David Johnston is now Children's Minister.

It was of particular interest to me as David Johnston is my local MP, but I was also intrigued to read in the Politico email that he is a "Liverpool season-ticket holder". Putting aside football rivalries (and particularly anger directed at LFC from Oxford fans which I won't get into...!) this did strike me as a helpful detail.

As a constituent, I'm therefore inclined to send David Johnston MP a quick email in relation to his new role and to also ask that he considers publicly supporting the club's plans for the Triangle as:
i) it will boost sporting, community and recreational opportunities for children, which I'm sure he'll welcome as Children's Minister
ii) he'll understand, as a season ticket holder himself, the societal value that football clubs bring.

I know that Conservative councillors are generally supportive of the proposals, but no harm in getting another local MP more engaged and (hopefully!) supportive, even if the proposed ground doesn't sit within their constituency. As we've repeatedly said, this will benefit people more widely in Oxfordshire and beyond, so it is still very relevant to him.

If you're also a constituent of David Johnston MP, it might also be worth sending in a short, polite email too. Also useful to note that the constituency boundary changes for the next general election will see 'Wantage' become 'Didcot & Wantage'. Details of that change and the new Wards which will be in that new constituency can be found in the weblink below, so you might also want to get in touch to say the same thing if you will soon be in the Didcot and Wantage constituency.

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/fcgi-bin/calcwork23.py?seat=Didcot and Wantage

I don't wish to water down the call to email Cabinet members, as that is still the priority ahead of 19th September, but it's just another small call to action that some of us might consider to help keep up momentum and positive sentiment for the Triangle.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant. Shine your sunlight onto the KPC Parish Council meeting next Thursday by joining them on Zoom at 7.30. Details will be on the parish website usually later today.

Better late than never, email from the Loungers has gone and first acknowledgement received. Mrs L proof read and pointed out that really, County ought to be spelt with an "O" - close call that!

Just looked on FoSB's funding page and they've received donations of over £600 in the last 24hrs or so. They clearly have a strong core of supporters willing to see this challenged so it's absolutely essential that we do not underestimate the battle we face.

Someone willing to put their hand in their pocket to the tune of £10, £20 or £50 will think nothing of emailing councillors and getting others to do the same.

We simply have to mobilise everyone we can to make our feelings known on this matter. If you haven't emailed your councillor and others on the committee then do it. If you have emailed then get your family, friends or work colleagues to do the same. If you've done all of that then share in social media why and link email addresses to encourage others to do the same.

And it won't cost you a penny, but it could make all of the difference in saving our club.
KDW again, using KPC money to fund FoSB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom