General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading those screengrabs and the content of the responses from an avowed campaigner, they strike me as infantile, facile and above all else, privileged.

How extraordinarily privileged to think one can make public claims and not be challenged on them. To be surprised when one's motives and methods are questioned, or when rank hypocrisy is highlighted. How completely immature to claim you have been insulted when others can see you have not.

How incredibly privileged it must be to push intellectually flawed arguments into the public domain, but without once thinking it might be worthwhile stress testing them first. FoSB tie themselves in knots over and over, because they cannot help but be heard and they expect to be heard. People like them are ALWAYS heard. But it's better to be listened to.

They cannot say why it is flawed to locate a
football stadium beside an integrated
Oxfordshire transport hub. They've had months to come up with a critical argument and they haven't. Grievance and special pleading won't cut it.

For those asking why we're looking at a capacity of 16-18k only need to look at Coventry and Luton. We were in the Conference with Luton and in league one with them both in 2018 now just 5 years later they're 1 game away from the Premier League.

Optimism and ambition is lacking in Oxfordshire, let's buck that trend.
Optimism and ambition is frown upon by certain Green councillors.

Reading those screengrabs and the content of the responses from an avowed campaigner, they strike me as infantile, facile and above all else, privileged.

How extraordinarily privileged to think one can make public claims and not be challenged on them. To be surprised when one's motives and methods are questioned, or when rank hypocrisy is highlighted. How completely immature to claim you have been insulted when others can see you have not.

How incredibly privileged it must be to push intellectually flawed arguments into the public domain, but without once thinking it might be worthwhile stress testing them first. FoSB tie themselves in knots over and over, because they cannot help but be heard and they expect to be heard. People like them are ALWAYS heard. But it's better to be listened to.

Oxfordshire transport hub. They've had months to come up with a critical argument and they haven't. Grievance and special pleading won't cut it.
That is simply because they haven't got one apart from 'We don't want it near where we live' occasionally sprinkled with 'we don't want those foreign types investing in our area'.

Yes - they will filibuster and seek delay but if what we have seen so far is the crux of their arguments, then that isn't scary at all. It is right though that people continue to logically and politely call out the misinformation and inconsistencies in their rhetoric to show it for what it is..

That is simply because they haven't got one apart from 'We don't want it near where we live' occasionally sprinkled with 'we don't want those foreign types investing in our area'.

Yes - they will filibuster and seek delay but if what we have seen so far is the crux of their arguments, then that isn't scary at all. It is right though that people continue to logically and politely call out the misinformation and inconsistencies in their rhetoric to show it for what it is..
Don't forget "but it'll cause more traffic!" And "the roundabout won't cope!" And of course the old classic "football fans will defecate in my front garden!"

That's a really good post.
Some of the arguments against, are pretty immature. You would have a little more respect for them of they simply said ' I don't want a stadium anywhere near me' . At least that would be honest. Coming up with some of the ridiculous arguments against ( how could anybody reasonably argue that putting a stadium near a really good mainline train station with unused parking is anything other than a good idea), just makes them.look like ill informed pathetic NIMBYS. Then you see that one particularly was against a volleyball court in a large park. Talk about trying to lobby against enjoyment for young people.
I have faith that CDC will appreciate what is going on and that they will actually have the interest of the wider community at heart.
'Friends' (yes right) of SB have won a victory in keeping SB to the detriment of sports clubs in the area, but hopefully they lose overall.

That's a really good post.
Some of the arguments against, are pretty immature. You would have a little more respect for them of they simply said ' I don't want a stadium anywhere near me' . At least that would be honest. Coming up with some of the ridiculous arguments against ( how could anybody reasonably argue that putting a stadium near a really good mainline train station with unused parking is anything other than a good idea), just makes them.look like ill informed pathetic NIMBYS. Then you see that one particularly was against a volleyball court in a large park. Talk about trying to lobby against enjoyment for young people.
I have faith that CDC will appreciate what is going on and that they will actually have the interest of the wider community at heart.
'Friends' (yes right) of SB have won a victory in keeping SB to the detriment of sports clubs in the area, but hopefully they lose overall.
FoSB are against anything that is for young people or working class people. Just look at the make of the group, mostly white, middle class, middle aged to elderly people.

Don't forget "but it'll cause more traffic!" And "the roundabout won't cope!" And of course the old classic "football fans will defecate in my front garden!"
I mean, if I'm out and about in town normally and I need to go, then I usually look for a shop or some form of public conveniences. But put a football scarf on me and all bets are off...it's like a f*cking garden sprinkler. Once I even shat in someone's bird-bath...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom