General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks, Sarge.

On my holidays at present so if there is a reply to her from me it may be a few days before I can send it.

She rather misses the point of my letter in that I suggested the turnout suggested ambivalence to the project rather than support.

There’s also no mention at all about the poll being a waste of money either. Not that VC would bring that up what with she feeling it’s ok to waste KPC monies on something non-binding and premature.

I see she is having a go at us for claiming that 70% don’t care whether a football stadium is built outside of Kidlington yet at the same time claiming those 70% turned down the chance to vote for it, so it’s ok for her to do it but not us?
That's exactly what she's doing. She accused pro stadium voices of twisting the result, but she's twisting the result herself! Completely bonkers.

Last edited:
It was all so predictable - both sides claiming victory based on their interpretation of the stats. Both sides also believing that their position is the robust one and so won't accept the other's view.

Still it's only £7k that now can't be spent on community facilities.
You forgot to mention it was raining too

I'm glad what Campbell and her mates are saying. It's so stupid and inaccurate that most people won't take them seriously and are probably already ignoring them.

As a CDC resident resident it looks like a Conservative/Labour coalition would most accurately reflect what the majority voted for looking at those figures.

Sadly won't happen as Labour couldn't be seen to do that in the present circumstances. But it has happened elsewhere before when things weren't so toxic.

The greens have 3 councillors, at least one of them is a fruit loop (hello Ian) so the people of Cherwell certainly didn’t vote for the Lib Dem’s to join with them and let them have a hugely disproportional say in local politics.

The Liberal Democrat’s will do anything to get into power, any politician/party willing to align themselves with councillor neutral is hardly trustworthy themselves.

Tbf, most politicians seem to do anything to get into power which makes Labour not doing so this time somewhat of a pleasant change.

This has nothing to do with winning or loosing Mrs C, how churlish can you be ! This is about finding a permanent home where OUFC are not screwed by greedy landlords , where transport links are second to none for both home and away supporters! After all we are talking about one home match every fortnight with the exception of cup games ! As for 70% of residents that didn't participate in the poll re Stadium , it's not a win for anybody , I'm sure,as I've already pointed out , the cost of living is far more an important issue !

Sadly in this case it seems he isn't.
I’d say he is. Labour aren’t going to do any kind of deal with the Green/Liberal Democrat movement. When they have odious little toads like Middleton in charge or at the forefront would you want to be in a coalition with them? I wouldn’t. They are a total disgrace. Layla Moran us just as bad, lying & basically forfeiting seats in certain areas so greens had a better chance of winning.

The fact still remains. Whoever has the most seats should govern. The next biggest party can then either agree or veto plans.

Lib Dem’s & Greens in this area are largely irrelevant as nobody wants to be in a coalition with them & their seat numbers are marginal compared to Conservatives & Labour. Ian Middleton & the progressive group nearly got their claws into labour but thankfully labour realised at the last minute what an absolute cluster of S*** they would be getting themselves into.

I’d say he is. Labour aren’t going to do any kind of deal with the Green/Liberal Democrat movement. When they have odious little toads like Middleton in charge or at the forefront would you want to be in a coalition with them? I wouldn’t. They are a total disgrace. Layla Moran us just as bad, lying & basically forfeiting seats in certain areas so greens had a better chance of winning.

The fact still remains. Whoever has the most seats should govern. The next biggest party can then either agree or veto plans.

Lib Dem’s & Greens in this area are largely irrelevant as nobody wants to be in a coalition with them & their seat numbers are marginal compared to Conservatives & Labour. Ian Middleton & the progressive group nearly got their claws into labour but thankfully labour realised at the last minute what an absolute cluster of S*** they would be getting themselves into.

Tbf to Layla Moran, I don't think it will be her decision to not stand candidates rather a decision for the local Party as a whole, albeit she may have had input/agreed with the decision.

Thanks, Sarge.

On my holidays at present so if there is a reply to her from me it may be a few days before I can send it.

She rather misses the point of my letter in that I suggested the turnout suggested ambivalence to the project rather than support.

There’s also no mention at all about the poll being a waste of money either. Not that VC would bring that up what with she feeling it’s ok to waste KPC monies on something non-binding and premature.
enjoy your hols @unification

Tbf to Layla Moran, I don't think it will be her decision to not stand candidates rather a decision for the local Party as a whole, albeit she may have had input/agreed with the decision.
And they got in trouble with Lib Dem Nat exec for it didn’t they? Labour nat exec are saying nothing more than the Lib Dem’s own party said.
“It’s a fine line between clever and stupid”, to quite Nigel Tufnel.

For those asking why we're looking at a capacity of 16-18k only need to look at Coventry and Luton. We were in the Conference with Luton and in league one with them both in 2018 now just 5 years later they're 1 game away from the Premier League.

Optimism and ambition is lacking in Oxfordshire, let's buck that trend.

I'm glad what Campbell and her mates are saying. It's so stupid and inaccurate that most people won't take them seriously and are probably already ignoring them.
2k Kidlington parish residents, and about 500-1k others from around Kidlington area actually believe all the claims made, which FoSB refuse to substantiate. FoSB continue to scaremonger, yet their support is probably no more than 3k total currently.... a figure that may reduce significantly when facts, not supposition and blatant misinformation,are eventually on offer.

It's highly disappointing from her, especially after she stood up in parliament last year and called out all the Russian oligarchs with dirty money in this country last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom