General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to seeing how the Friends spin this result and start trumpeting their lies.

They will spin it as a resounding victory and say that they now speak for thousands of Kidlington residents living in fear of the hordes of football yobs descending on their quiet little village.

But f**k them! It means sod all, but has given us the opportunity to show the potential of the football club and the stadium to thousands of people in the few miles that surround the Triangle.

There has been a lot of positivity, from a real diverse group of people. And all of this without any real plans yet. Imagine how much more support we'll have once everyone can see the stadium and the benefits that will come with it?

On a personal level I'll now take a step back from Next-door and some of the online battles. These nimby-numpties don't deserve the oxygen that they get from our "little spats" and I'll keep my powder dry for the bigger battles to come. Although I might just nip back if CDC take my complaint against Mr Neutral as seriously as they have initially indicated!!!

We took a third of the votes in a poll that was called before we even had the chance to put plans out to be discussed. The parish council themselves said it was premature. These polls always come down anti, especially early on, but supporters have done a great job of highlighting the positives and setting things up for proper, meaningful consultation. The club will listen to residents and work with them to address concerns and highlight the positives. This is actually a good platform to build from.

Time for some sleep.

Superb stuff Paul.

Genuinely remarkable that nearly 1000 of the Kidlington population came out in unabashed support for the stadium today - especially at this relatively early stage.

We don't even have 1000 fans in Kidlington - if the support for the stadium is this high at this stage (in such a specifically defined area) we are seriously on to something positive.

Truly impressive result to galvanise that level of support already.

So in round terms 20% of Kidlington residents against (not a majority of residents), 10% of residents actively for a proposal that hasn't yet been able to show the positives, and 70% either waiting to engage with planning application or don't really mind either way.
This exactly the 80% trump the 20%

On a personal level I'll now take a step back from Next-door and some of the online battles. These nimby-numpties don't deserve the oxygen that they get from our "little spats" and I'll keep my powder dry for the bigger battles to come. Although I might just nip back if CDC take my complaint against Mr Neutral as seriously as they have initially indicated!!!
I 100% support this, these folks are parasites who enjoy nothing more than to frustrate and stifle progress for the quiet majority. Let them scream on their own in the vacuum that is NextDoor or wherever else they decide to mingle, of course, it's hard, they cheat, they lie and will largely stop at nothing to discredit the club and its fans, so people feel obliged to challenge it, but for me, it just amplifies their lonely voices.

They are not interested in the truth, they are not interested in what the majority of residents want, they are driven simply by their own agendas, however much we try to sell them on the benefits of the stadium, they will not be moved from their positions.

I'm confident that the club will have the support of the local community, regardless of the results of this 'poll'. They will not trample on the residents of Kidlington, they will work with them to mitigate any genuine concerns such as parking, they will support all of the local sports clubs, and we'll get a lovely new stadium for fans from Kidlington, and the rest of Oxfordshire to enjoy.

Trust the process.

I know this might be too late in the day now, but those numbers tonight show the anti-stadium side has been given way too much credence by the likes of the Oxford Mail and Radio Oxford. Should Stratfield Brake be back on the table? It seems the significant number of objectors to this that caused the change may not actually exist.

It Won’t be long now, and we will see JCB’s operating on the land, and things will start moving forwards.

These few seasoned protesters will be a thing of the past, and in our rear viewed mirrors.

Don't forget all the Oxford United fans under the age of 18 couldn't vote.. I don't think you'll get many antis stadium at that age. Take everything in to consideration, that was not a big enough win for the antis.
Middleton & his deciples ,will claim this that & the other. They will carry on, so let's not get not get complacent,& carry on the mission.

They needed well over 5000 votes to claim an out right victory. The poll was a sham from the begining, a total waste of £ 7000

I think neighbours could be interesting today..🎵 neighbours,everybody needs good neighbors. That's when neighbours become good friends 🎵 😂 NOT!!!!😂

Let them have this small victory, in the grand scheme of things it means very little.

It looks petty from FOSB

Last edited:
Let them have this small victory, in the grand scheme of things it means very little.

This is like claiming a victory after 15 minutes of a match. I was expecting a turnout of over 60% and a bigger majority for the no vote but yesterday's poll is very damaging to the ones against. It's clear as day that a small minority don't want this.

Get the plans out and showcase what's on offer and how we are going to alleviate the majority of the concerns and this number will reduce further.

I've spoke to few residents who are against and it's because they think their house will devalue and the road will become the M25 on a match day. Obviously these claims are easily to quash when plans and more info comes to the table.

This is like claiming a victory after 15 minutes of a match. I was expecting a turnout of over 60% and a bigger majority for the no vote but yesterday's poll is very damaging to the ones against. It's clear as day that a small minority don't want this.

Get the plans out and showcase what's on offer and how we are going to alleviate the majority of the concerns and this number will reduce further.

I've spoke to few residents who are against and it's because they think their house will devalue and the road will become the M25 on a match day. Obviously these claims are easily to quash when plans and more info comes to the table.
Agree. A 30% turnout shows that this is not a legitimate poll. 80% of Kidlington residents are for it and a large proportion of them don't seem to be too bothered about the stadium.

What a waste of £7,000.

Agree. A 30% turnout shows that this is not a legitimate poll. 80% of Kidlington residents are for it and a large proportion of them don't seem to be too bothered about the stadium.

What a waste of £7,000.

That's 80% of the electorate are either in favour or not arsed either way. The 5000 residents not eligible to vote (mostly u16's) will likely sway in our favour. So that's now 14% of Kidlington residents who don't want it.

Once plans are out and what
Contributions OUFC will have to adhere to with regards to improving local infrastructure I can see the percentage dropping.

We had a poll like this in Christchurch regarding the merge of our council into a newly formed BCP council (Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole). 84% of residents were against the merger. It meant nothing and a few months later we had BCP council. I personally wouldn't read too much into the poll, they are only attended by people with strong opinions. People who oppose change or have negative views are usually the majority in these polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom