General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m actually happier having a slightly smaller stadium with the potential to increase it.
I always thought 18k was a tad too big for us. It’s taken us until now to actually get pretty consistent 8-9k attendances after 23 years in the breeze block.
It’s better to grow gradually than end up with something we can’t fill like Reading and MK.
It will also improve atmosphere with fans closer together.

A big factor for me when building this ground is to make sure the stands are as close as possible to the pitch. That has been an issue at the current stadium which makes it feel even more soulless.

With the multi use area outside the ground I’d like to see it used as a sort of fan park for before games. Pop up bars and food stalls and an area where the club could invite local bands to come and play before and after games.

I am a cat lover.
But not those hairless things.
Take notice, I'm talking cats, not pussys.
You'd better not be getting smutty, otherwise I'll have to moderate your ass. We don't have that kind of post on our friendly forum...

I hardly ever post - but this is a top top post….
Why is it a top post
Prefer a smaller, well designed, noisy 16k stadium with safe standing than a 25k eyesore full of empty seats each game. The latter would totally ruin the experience for me. If we somehow became a mainstay in the Premier League I'm sure there would be opportunity to expand one of the stands and increase slightly, you can even dig deeper these days!

Ambition is well and good, but over 30 years every club will experience highs and lows, riding high and sinking down again. I would rather ride high with 16k loyal OUFC fans in a 16k stadium, which is then also suitable for future years when we may drop into League One on similar attendances or slightly lower attendances.

This is a stadium for life, not just some wishful future glory days!
i post a fair bit- but this is a top post AND realistic .

I could live with it, but don't think it's enough, only 16k will also rule us out of being considered for some non-OUFC events I would have thought. Would have liked it to be around the 20-22k mark.

I'm sure they valid reasons though as others have said.
Bear in mind non OUFC events would use the pitch as well, if it was for a music event for example so would have the potential to hold more than 16,000

Thank you, but the first line still hurts!!
It shouldn't hurt you too much, Scotchegg. After all, Manorlounger used "may not" rather than "are not" and even if you're actually and definitely not his favourite poster, you could be his second or third favourite.

16k = under 15k when it's done. It's the Oxford way unfortunately. Thought at first it was a typo.

Why aim to be a top 30 club with this newly enginered reduced capacity. I thought 18k originally was a little underwhelming but I listened to most fair minded points and grew a pair and was sort of happy ish in the end with 18k. Then I saw this and immediately thought of the song oops! I did it again but changed this to oops! we've done it again. Big ideas shot down without a mention and sneeked in the back door. I hope this 'caveat' is a winner because I cannot see it from here (the stadium) and neither will anyone else with 2000 seats lopped off the stadium and dispersed with overnight. What on earth will we forfeit next?

And before the pro chunterings start on the keyboard...I've seen 'international stadium' being mentioned more and more with the world class facility being used less and less. Just saying.

After 20 odd years of sitting in a 3 stand fiasco it has of today the beginnings of a deja vu feeling.

I get the Bournemouth top 20 thing with a 11k capacity but they have issues with increasing but we have the chance of doing it right first time around and then start surrendering by the looks of it. Cost effectiveness?

Should've started at 21k and took a hit to 18k. I despair.

10k in a dead rubber tomorrow-15k in a game where we could get 18k in a new stadium? Enjoy the same old same old.

Measure twice cut once.

Don't give them your name Pike.
But then if these people don’t come now, why should they be rewarded by coming when we are successful. Should be the supporters through thick and thin who are giving preference and they will be. If you can’t get a ticket after that then it’s tough really. Should encourage people to buy and renew season tickets and lock in that revenue from the start if anything. Easier to budget that way.

It shouldn't hurt you too much, Scotchegg. After all, Manorlounger used "may not" rather than "are not" and even if you're actually and definitely not his favourite poster, you could be his second or third favourite.

Top 5 and I'll be happy. That's not much to ask!!

I’m actually happier having a slightly smaller stadium with the potential to increase it.
I always thought 18k was a tad too big for us. It’s taken us until now to actually get pretty consistent 8-9k attendances after 23 years in the breeze block.
It’s better to grow gradually than end up with something we can’t fill like Reading and MK.
It will also improve atmosphere with fans closer together.

A big factor for me when building this ground is to make sure the stands are as close as possible to the pitch. That has been an issue at the current stadium which makes it feel even more soulless.

With the multi use area outside the ground I’d like to see it used as a sort of fan park for before games. Pop up bars and food stalls and an area where the club could invite local bands to come and play before and after games.

Being 'squeezed' into the Triangle may be a positive on this point.

You are correct, it doesn’t. But you can see why some people are concerned, surely?

Started off with Stratfield Brake. Then to a 18k world class stadium at The Triangle. Now it’s 16k. What’s next?

Well not existing if we don’t have a new ground?

The owners etc have to build a new ground in the real world, unfortunately that involves compromising some, doesn’t mean they can’t deliver a 16,000 ground that will still be much better than the current one.

I know the club are working with what they can. But not getting Stratford Brake is a massive backwards step.

No extra amenities, bars, restaurants, entertainment etc.

People will have to meet in the City Centre and travel to the stadium.

On the recent questionnaire, they asked what extras would you like to see. Have any of them made the pland?

They can still have bars in the concourses, doesn’t have to be like the current cold, barren ones, they can be modern and fitted out with fast pour bar stuff so you can actually get a drink and want to be there.

It’s this or no club?

Don’t really know what people want here.
Yeah, I suppose they could make more use of concourses before the game, make them more appealing, showing BT Sports.

The club will want money spent in the stadium rather than a pub in the City Centre.

I love that we have this to look forward to.

I think 16,000 will actually be better for us in the next stage of our journey - the Manor wasn’t massive, but it was beautiful. It was ours.

This will be too.

It also has potential for more.

I would urge fellow fans to be patient and positive. This is a brilliant, brilliant opportunity. Let’s get behind it and let Kidlington and the County know how brilliant it will be for everyone.

Imagine being there for the first game.

Imagine it being full every fortnight with 5,000 new fellow fans.

Imagine having a home again.

We deserve this.

If the club gets money from the concessions then I am much more likely to buy something there. I resolutely refuse to buy any food or drink at the stadium at the moment (sorry, Farrs) because I know where some of the money ends up.

As others have mentioned I’d rather have a near full 16k stadium that’s a bit intimidating for away teams than a half empty 20,000 stadium with no atmosphere and is an easy away trip. Whatever it takes to get it approved and built.

Remember when we were promised a shiny new stadium in Greater Leys. 3 stands will do!

Yeah but "3 stands will do" was because Kassam ended up 'finishing it' for us. And all he was ever interested in was doing the bare minimum for the maximum return to him.

The people behind this move have a much better track record. After 25 years in the shithole we've had, only 16k a week, in a modern, well built and well connected stadium will do quite nicely for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom