General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, several times, with several different owners, and always the same response.

No idea about his plans for the Bowlplex and Cinema, although I'd imagine they'll stay as he has longer term tenants in them. Can't say I really care though mate, as long as we're free of him that's all that matters.
I forget his name, previous CEO, nice man who gave me a scarf at Plymouth one year, gave Appleton the job. He publicly said (was a very open and honest owner) he made a reasonable offer and what Kassam had in mind was so high it was pointless. Made more than one offer IIRC.

I forget his name, previous CEO, nice man who gave me a scarf at Plymouth one year, gave Appleton the job. He publicly said (was a very open and honest owner) he made a reasonable offer and what Kassam had in mind was so high it was pointless. Made more than one offer IIRC.
sounds like you mean Ol Slippery ?

In first OM of this week, the letters page has no pro, or anti stadium letters - 0-0 so far

will there be a response to Steve Fisher ( FoSB) rather restrained offering from last week in the next day or so?

Day 2 this week no pro or anti stadium letters in todays OM - still 0-0

Yes, said that in all his years in banking and business he'd never come across a person so deliberately vexatious when it came to a business deal.

in case some YF members are too young to remember the 25 years when Cutteslowe ( home to the chair of FoSB) was divided by a physical wall- separating the haves and have nots ..... here's a reminder ....

333101010_1221130971850653_7887418269044159641_n.jpg

You get the feeling that powder is being kept dry by both sides at the moment. I'll expect a rush of activity the next time some news comes out.
seems that way @SteMerritt .... its still 0-0 at HT on this weeks letters page ( re pro/ anti stadium)

Extraordinary.
When did this wall come down?
erected in 1934 .... demolished March 1959 .... I believe there's a blue plaque commemorating the Cuttesslowe wall ( in Cutteslowe obvs)?

*edit - yes there is .... and ( you learn something new etc...) there were two of them!

1984954_056fb6b3.jpg

I can picture Sue McIvor setting up a disinfectant footbath at the entrance to Harbourd Road.
a kinda (sub)human/ 2nd class citizen type of ' sheep-deep' for the lower classes/ football supporters

on the subject of the prospective new stadium, subject , of course, to planning permission being granted after due process, for a bit of fun n entertainment , what name would best suit the new stadium?

I quite like the idea of it being called' The Green- Belt Village Arena '

on the subject of the prospective new stadium, subject , of course, to planning permission being granted after due process, for a bit of fun n entertainment , what name would best suit the new stadium?

I quite like the idea of it being called' The Green- Belt Village Arena '
The NIMBY Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom