General New Stadium Plans - The Triangle - Land Deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nearer the Oxford Parkway, so that is a positive. As there are sidings at OXP (currently used as an aggregates terminal) maybe network rail could look into putting some stabling Sidings which would enable shuttle services between Oxford and Oxford Parkway? It would definitely make it a more environmentally friendly stadium.

I've got a World Cup match to watch, so not posting anymore tonight, but that site is roughly twice the size of the entire site that Brentford's 17,500 stadium is built on, including the enabling developments at Brentford.

Plenty big enough, and far less contentious.

🤪

Perhaps they’ll start campaigning for the stadium to move to SB, rather than have a massive housing estate which would inevitably go there instead.

The silly billies.
I would let them deal with the increase in traffic when SB gets redeveloped.

So they still get a football stadium right by where they live but don’t get as many facilities and might get flats and houses built on the original site, a few locals influenced by some extreme nimbys.

I’m sure a housing developer will be just as sympathetic as Oxford United in providing community facilities, jobs and access to world-class sporting and recreational spaces.

Still, I’m sure they’ve had fun with their casual xenophobia and libellous accusations against our Board. Not to mention their insulting rhetoric towards all of us fans who are clearly not as sophisticated or educated as members of a parochial pressure group.

Looks a bit tight to me.

Attachments

• New Site with Brentford .JPG
    New Site with Brentford .JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 116
  • Brentford.JPG
    Brentford.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 110
  • New Site.JPG
    New Site.JPG
    101.9 KB · Views: 110
That is a good point
And the council won't simply provide better facilities for them.
Kidlington may well be shooting themselves in the foot

If only someone had politely but repeatedly made this point.

I wonder if there would be any chance to build anything underneath the stadium - underground car parking, gym/pool/leisure facilities etc? Could free up a bit of space

That would explain contractors surveying that site last week when I went past. I'm sure a well designed stadium with everything in one building could be built there.

That would explain contractors surveying that site last week when I went past. I'm sure a well designed stadium with everything in one building could be built there.

Yep.

Plenty of space when you consider there won’t be any car parking bar players/directors.

Plenty of them at Oxford Parkway.

So, FoSB have saved Stratfield Brake. My thoughts on it:

Good location, even closer to the train station and park and ride and further away from residential areas.

No current public access to this site so no opposition to losing public green space.

KPC do not have a lease over this land so they're out of the process as Cherwell DC would be the council that'll make the planning decision.

Some negatives: is it big enough? It'll be interesting to hear OUFC's thoughts on this.

There's no obligation for OUFC to provide replacement facilities to the clubs that would've been affected by us moving to Stratfield Brake. Hopefully the club can do something fir the community.

KPC will continue to pay 30% of their budget for SB.

I've seen red fencing across an access point to that site recently too.

So, FoSB have saved Stratfield Brake. My thoughts on it:

Good location, even closer to the train station and park and ride and further away from residential areas.

No current public access to this site so no opposition to losing public green space.

KPC do not have a lease over this land so they're out of the process as Cherwell DC would be the council that'll make the planning decision.

Some negatives: is it big enough? It'll be interesting to hear OUFC's thoughts on this.

There's no obligation for OUFC to provide replacement facilities to the clubs that would've been affected by us moving to Stratfield Brake. Hopefully the club can do something fir the community.

KPC will continue to pay 30% of their budget for SB.

A well designed stadium with steep stands, hotel, bars, restaurants etc built into the concourse could easily fit on that land. Could have an underground carpark and coach park under the stands if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom