General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the problem would arise if they sold the club and started charging us a big rent to play there ... but sounds like a lease is being in place to cover that.

They also won't own the land so it will always be under occ as to what they can do it and make sure that the site Is maintained. Kassam owns the whole ozone.

But the corporate entity owns the club too, so in a way is the club? Is that right?

Not necessarily, I think, check the first para about ownership. I think it means that the directors of OUFC will start a separate company to undertake and benefit from, the development. So they'll own 2 companies you could call the land company and and the football company, the relationship is that the former is the landlord and the latter the lessor.

Don't think that's at all sinister, owning both would make extracting the profit offshore more complex and wouldn't make much business sense even it that wasn't the case.

It means the club owners can sell. It doesn't mean the sale will disadvantage the club, bearing in mind it's supposed to self-fund if FFP is supposed to be taken seriously.

Again, what else would you expect?

Got 4-5 years to get out the kassam. Actually ain’t that long and that makes me more excited knowing when or if planning is accepted it’s pretty much going to have to start the building work straight away. Still I would like to no the plan on what happens if and when the new owners leave the club and if the club (no future owner) will own the stadium
Unfortunately that won’t happen there all sorts of issues and hurdles to overcome first.

The wave of football specific stadiums in the US for MLS has yielded some great places to watch matches. Austin's stadium is phenomenal as well (designed by a different firm) but it is pretty similar to Minnesota's stadium. I suspect a lot of them will be used for the UC/Canada/Mexico World Cup in '26 with the big multi purpose stadiums used in later rounds because of crowd capacity

Where's that plan from?

There's no parking I can see on there but I true OCC fashion I'd imagine they'd not want that so we have to use public transport and the park and rides which I'm sure will do shuttle buses from them to The New Manor.

Why is there an ice rink?!
On the subject of there being no parking on site, so either a 15 minute walk from the parkway (0.6 miles with new footbridges), or a 10 minute walk from sainsburys, or, I assume having to wait for a bus to and from the site ... Will the lazy 21st century person/family bother with that just to go to an outlet to eat on a non matchday?

Reading everything that has come out, nothing states that the current tenants will remain at the site, rather that OUFC is responsible for the provision of other facilities for them. I would infer from the graphic above that their future lies elsewhere in the area.
I think it was mentioned previously on this thread that they will stay there but if as you are suggesting there future lies elsewhere unless OUFC are prepared to pay for that you can be rest assured that will be one hell of a hurdle to overcome.

Not necessarily, I think, check the first para about ownership. I think it means that the directors of OUFC will start a separate company to undertake and benefit from, the development. So they'll own 2 companies you could call the land company and and the football company, the relationship is that the former is the landlord and the latter the lessor.

Don't think that's at all sinister, owning both would make extracting the profit offshore more complex and wouldn't make much business sense even it that wasn't the case.

It means the club owners can sell. It doesn't mean the sale will disadvantage the club, bearing in mind it's supposed to self-fund if FFP is supposed to be taken seriously.

Again, what else would you expect?
Presumably that’s a pretty common structure with clubs who have redeveloped grounds recently. I’m sure plenty of knowledgeable people here will be all over it. I worry that the owners will lose interest in the club once they have the ground but if the lease is solid we should be OK if sold, I guess.

I think it was mentioned previously on this thread that they will stay there but if as you are suggesting there future lies elsewhere unless OUFC are prepared to pay for that you can be rest assured that will be one hell of a hurdle to overcome.
Depends what they are offered, doesn't it?

wonder why it’s not just rounded up to 20k
I'm very relieved that it isn't. Bakrie mentioned that atmosphere is an important factor in the move and fortunately they seem to know a 20,000 seater for a club pulling in 6k-7k home crowds would be stupid and an atmos killer.

You'd think the design process would have an eye on not restricting further expansion if necessary.

That’s what I was getting at in this thread earlier. That stadium is stylish and it’s memorable. It’s like a smaller Amex and there’s no shame in that.

That kind of stadium would be terrific.
with yellow and blue lighting!

Before we've even got out of the starting blocks, the club won't own the stadium, and it will be owned by a separate company owned by the current board of Directors.

What could possibly go wrong?
Sorry - trying to catch up on things here. Little Scotchers is now in favour of a move to Water Eaton? I thought it was pie in the sky!
Ah well, better the sinner that repenteth and all that. Perhaps the wee chap might learn something from all this.....
Of course, this is all subject to planning, and we should surely expect various former influential.fans group leaders, in conjunction with former local politicians, to form an action group to keep the club at the Kassam for another 25 years.
Happy days!

Do like the fact the corners aren't filled in but the roof continues all the way round, a bit different then all the rest of the soulless bowls.
But I do remember at the two bowls of the New York stadium and the Keepmoat the singing reverberates around the stadium and gives the feeling of a great atmosphere, but then again Stadium MK is a different kettle of fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom