General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
arent they ( Kidlington parish council, KDW, residents assoc - Harb' 'something(?) road residents assoc & the 2 Green councillors) all, more or less the same handful of people?

apologies if this has already been asked/ mentioned

If they are then it makes a mockery of KPC's assertion that they're keeping an impartial open mind about the proposals until information is received. KPC have just submitted proposals to CDC as what to do with Stratfield Brake so they clearly are not impartial or awaiting for detailed plans before making the decision to surrender their lease, they've made their decision - its a no to surrendering their lease and they've proposed this green ring instead.

Have I misinterpreted or is this game over for OUFC’s proposals?

If they are then it makes a mockery of KPC's assertion that they're keeping an impartial open mind about the proposals until information is received. KPC have just submitted proposals to CDC as what to do with Stratfield Brake so they clearly are not impartial or awaiting for detailed plans before making the decision to surrender their lease, they've made their decision - its a no to surrendering their lease and they've proposed this green ring instead.

Have I misinterpreted or is this game over for OUFC’s proposals?

if SB sports ground is still used for sport ( & there's no houses built there) ... wouldn't that technically be viewed by some higher local gov councils etc as green belt/ green belt use ( albeit on a larger scale than currently)?

Arent KPC and Gosford n Waereaton PC on a rolling 1 year lease -or something like that- from CDC? ..... or have I miss read that info?

I expect, being 'local' @Joey's Left Boot , you'll be more aux fait with the leasing situation of SB than I am?

I don't know Sarge, but it's a bad sign that KPC have submitted alternative plans including a plot of land they are being asked to make a decision about its future. Seems like their decision has been made by submitting these proposals to the district council.

Reading the article, Isn't this green ring a KDW suggestion that they would like KPC to adopt.

Reading the article, Isn't this green ring a KDW suggestion that they would like KPC to adopt.

No, the marked sentance clearly states KDW supports the Parish Councils proposal.

Screenshot_20220725-211427_Samsung Internet.jpg

The Parish Council said they were keeping an open mind and are awaiting detailed plans before deciding to surrender their lease or not, this doesn't appear to be the case as they've filed a proposal of what they want to see at Stratfield Brake. They wouldn't do that if they had any intention of surrendering their lease, they've pretty much made their decision based on hearsay and preconceptions as this proves.

OCC need to remove them from the decision making process for the lease issue as its clear they do not have an open mind and dint care about the factual details of what's being proposed. Someone needs to take action against them.

As has been stated a billion gazillion times, the parish councils have no decision making powers on planning applications - they may comment and object just like you and me, but the decision lies with the district council who are obliged to follow rules and policy not opinion.

As regards the lease, yes the sub-lease holders may well refuse to relinquish their tenancy, but there are legal opportunities to break the lease should they not wish to voluntarily surrender it.

Last edited:
I don't know Sarge, but it's a bad sign that KPC have submitted alternative plans including a plot of land they are being asked to make a decision about its future. Seems like their decision has been made by submitting these proposals to the district council.

Is Les Wells on KPC?

Asking for a friend who has painful memories..................... :)

This very thread is ample motivation for any opposition groups looking to support their agenda.

These posts will be read and used to arm their narrative. Granted, I don't think any opposition will likely have much of a voice. The algorithms of Facebook posts in 2022 on those types of groups mean they won't get any traction whatsoever beyond those that regularly engage with the page (a smattering of the same people). Additionally any recently set up websites likely won't have significant hits either (one-two a day if they are lucky!) so again, these aren't likely to get much of an audience beyond those that are heavily invested and in voluntary positions. I'm just not convinced that (dare I say) many people genuinely care outside of OUFC supporters or members of a voluntary opposition group.

In summary, I wouldn't be too concerned with what someone has written on the internet.

No, the marked sentance clearly states KDW supports the Parish Councils proposal.

View attachment 9531

The Parish Council said they were keeping an open mind and are awaiting detailed plans before deciding to surrender their lease or not, this doesn't appear to be the case as they've filed a proposal of what they want to see at Stratfield Brake. They wouldn't do that if they had any intention of surrendering their lease, they've pretty much made their decision based on hearsay and preconceptions as this proves.

OCC need to remove them from the decision making process for the lease issue as its clear they do not have an open mind and dint care about the factual details of what's being proposed. Someone needs to take action against them.

“We strongly support the proposal by Kidlington Development Watch to designate part of this ring as Local Green Spaces”

Both parties so strongly supportive of it but neither are willing to claim ownership.

“We strongly support the proposal by Kidlington Development Watch to designate part of this ring as Local Green Spaces”

Both parties so strongly supportive of it but neither are willing to claim ownership.

But Kidlington Parish Council should be waiting for detailed information from OUFC before making any decisions as they promised to be opened minded. Their decision to make this proposal shows they were simply paying lip service to us.

As said a few posts ago, it appears OUFC or OCC will have to go legal which if successful will probably alienate KPC from the process when they, and the local residents, would be better served engaging with OUFC to get the full plans.

Worse case scenario, does the club have a plan b?
Yep they will go back to the Far East thinking of what might have been.
Just hope the county councillors let this drivel go over their heads when making their final decision on the planning application.

Which part? The plans on KDW website poorly drawn. Csn anyone work it out?

The quote from Robie's post and then reading the article:

That gives leeway to KPC as it is suitably vague in context with the rest of the piece.

The quote from Robie's post and then reading the article:

That gives leeway to KPC as it is suitably vague in context with the rest of the piece.
isnt the SB nature reserve going to remain ( possibly increase?) as a nature reserve-as already stated in OUFC SB faqs- thus being 'protected' green belt land - seems KDW and KPC -the latter which has both the Green Councillors ( Macrow and Middleton) as part of it (KPC)as well as being CDC councillors too- hmmmmmm

isnt the SB nature reserve going to remain ( possibly increase?) as a nature reserve-as already stated in OUFC SB faqs- thus being 'protected' green belt land - seems KDW and KPC -the latter which has both the Green Councillors ( Macrow and Middleton) as part of it (KPC)as well as being CDC councillors too- hmmmmmm

Yes the Woodland Trust area has been explicitly said by both OCC and OUFC that it is going to remain and is not part of the application.

View attachment 9531

The marked sentence states that the proposal of a green ring may have come from KPC, but the detail of this particular ring is KDWs proposal to KPC. There is no detail on KPCs ring which may not include Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom