General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the French knights in Monty Python and the Holy Grail are far better exponents of taunting & goading than all the opposition pressure groups in Kidlington will ever be....

Genuine question, has there been intimidation of local residents?
It was suggested that person was behind the SBPG account(probably because he was one of the only people to follow them and engage with them) which is the intimidation he was referring to.

The SBPG account was taken down shortly after his name was mentioned which may not be related.

But in a bizarre move he then went on to defend the SBPG post as being OK.

It was silly to accuse him directly by name with no proof but very questionable for him to defend the post, it was a vile xenophobic post that in most normal people's mind would be undefensable.

Childish. It's like they're trying to pick a fight. They tweeted the pro-stadium Friends of Stratfield Brake account a few weeks ago but have cc'd in the PR company OUFC have hired this time.

The PR firm isn't Charlie's, it's these guys: https://www.devcomms.co.uk/

Good to have even more professionals on board.

Screenshot_20220627-200839_Twitter.jpg

Childish. It's like they're trying to pick a fight. They tweeted the pro-stadium Friends of Stratfield Brake account a few weeks ago but have cc'd in the PR company OUFC have hired this time.

The PR firm isn't Charlie's, it's these guys: https://www.devcomms.co.uk/

Good to have even more professionals on board.

View attachment 9163

They might be able to send out communications from the comfort of their own homes on a warm summer's evening but can they do it on a cold Tuesday Night in February in Accrington - that's what I want to know!

I'm not sure what was being said about the short lived twitter group, was it implied that it was set up by someone to deliberately tarnish the existing FoSB goup, or by someone from within that group? Either way, all of this shows why it's best to keep well away from twitter and social media and leave it to the experts within the club.

I'm not sure what was being said about the short lived twitter group, was it implied that it was set up by someone to deliberately tarnish the existing FoSB goup, or by someone from within that group? Either way, all of this shows why it's best to keep well away from twitter and social media and leave it to the experts within the club.

We have our own Twitter experts........ step forward @QR and @Sheik djibouti :)

There is now "more than one" FoSB Twitter profiles............ 🤷‍♀️

It was implied that it was run by two members of FoSB

New website for our new stadium.

Can this be added to the summary thread?

Done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right, so despite there being no firm plans at all in the public domain, they have decided there won't be any community assets, and that OUFC will allow other teams access to the facilities for a while to get the plans passed, and then stop when it's all built.

The whole 'It's for OUFC only not the Community' diatribe, they really need to educate themselves. Perhaps start with the Oxford United in the Community website.

This is nothing more than a rant about things that they know absolutely nothing about and about things they have simply made up to fit their narrative. The valid opposition groups to the project must be cringing every time they post something online.

Right, so despite there being no firm plans at all in the public domain, they have decided there won't be any community assets, and that OUFC will allow other teams access to the facilities for a while to get the plans passed, and then stop when it's all built.

The whole 'It's for OUFC only not the Community' diatribe, they really need to educate themselves. Perhaps start with the Oxford United in the Community website.

This is nothing more than a rant about things that they know absolutely nothing about and about things they have simply made up to fit their narrative. The valid opposition groups to the project must be cringing every time they post something online.
Very true but no different to someone saying in 1999 that Kassam had no interest in the club and would run it into the ground for his own financial gain. Simply saying it's made up to fit a narrative will not necessarily win the argument. The club will need to demonstrate in concrete, possible irreversible ways its positive intentions at some point in the near future.

Very true but no different to someone saying in 1999 that Kassam had no interest in the club and would run it into the ground for his own financial gain. Simply saying it's made up to fit a narrative will not necessarily win the argument. The club will need to demonstrate in concrete, possible irreversible ways its positive intentions at some point in the near future.
...and that I'm sure it will, once some plans are actually released. Until then, it's all hot air. I'm expecting the proper opposition groups to appear once there is actually something to pick apart. When they do, this group will be quickly forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom