General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new group appear to be alleging bribes have allegedly been made and/or accepted by those in charge of the local teams who currently use SB. Wow.

View attachment 9139

They've deleted that tweet now. Glad I screenshotted it for posterity though as I have with some other tweets which prove the opposition stance is rooted in prejudice against predominantly working football fans.

I honestly don't know why anyone bothers to engage with these groups. They represent such a small number and will likely alienate others if just left to their own devices.

As I said, leave them to their own devices and they'll end up destroying their own argument.

In the last few days we've seen negative stereotypes that all football fans are hooligans, allegations of bribery and corruption and now this horrendous tweet.

They're really quite contemptible and not worthy of any response.

Surely this preservation mob must be double agents , if they carry on with this type of opposition it would just play into our hands

I’m assuming that the Friends of Stratfield Brake would prefer the land to be used for housing instead of a football stadium.

This highlights why taking to twitter to debate this is a bad idea. The opposition has had a PR nightmare this weekend. This weekend there's been elitist attitudes:

FB_IMG_1656271482745.jpg

Allegations of bribery:

Screenshot_20220624-231400_Twitter.jpg

Snobbery and generalisations:

Screenshot_20220625-082913_Twitter.jpg

And downright xenophobia:

Screenshot_20220626-203554_Gallery.jpg

It proves that the opposition is rooted in prejudice against the predominantly working class who follow football, snobbery and xenophobia.

Their assertion that their opposition is based on a whimsical, sentimental notion of greenery is a sham. The above are their true reasons for opposing OUFC’s move to anywhere remotely near them.

I guess we'll see if those prejudices are institutionally held over next next year or so.

Last edited:
This highlights why taking to twitter to debate this is a bad idea. The opposition has had a PR nightmare this weekend. This weekend there's been elitist attitudes:

View attachment 9155

Allegations of bribery:

View attachment 9157

View attachment 9158

View attachment 9159

It proves that there opposition is rooted in prejudice against the predominantly working classes who follow football, snobbery and xenophobia.

Their assertion that their opposition is based on a whimsical, sentimental notion of greenery is a sham. The above are their true reasons for opposing OUFC’s move to anywhere remotely near them.

I guess we'll see if those prejudices are institutionally held over next next year or so.
It's quite fascinating how badly thought out that was, obviously so out of touch, and I guess very new to twitter because attitudes like that will always get called out for what they are.

View attachment 9155

Allegations of bribery:

View attachment 9157

View attachment 9158

View attachment 9159

It proves that the opposition is rooted in prejudice against the predominantly working class who follow football, snobbery and xenophobia.

Thanks for logging all this, it’s really shocking and also incredibly prejudiced and dated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom