General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 green leaflets and one door visit so far, only one conservative leaflet, no labour leaflet yet. Missed the door knock was in the shower, wife let me down a bit she's just too polite with these people

Certainly would do that if I voted for someone whose tag is 'bookiemonster' but I'd bite my fingers off before voting for 'quim_ninja'. Quim Ninja! Incel Worm, more like.

By the way, my Viet Cong source, Nuoc Cham, who dines regularly with Horst, reckons the stadium's off unless a "proper football management structure" is put into place by June.
The new owners would find it easier to put that structure in place in they actually became the new owners...

I was hoping for a few months of quiet, behind the scenes progress on Stratfield Brake but it's understandably a big issue for the local community in the upcoming elections:

Screenshot_20220419-104952_Twitter.jpg

I was hoping for a few months of quiet, behind the scenes progress on Stratfield Brake but it's understandably a big issue for the local community in the upcoming elections:

View attachment 8653

I'm sure in their local plan it states improving Local and District sports facilities, while OUFC are proposing building an 18k stadium everyone against seems to be missing the part where we're not only updating the existing facilities for the current sports clubs we are also building extra pitches / facilities for the wider community to use.

It’ll be a sorry state of affairs if Labour campaigns on an anti-stadium ticket. Fair enough for them to note some local concerns, but it would be baffling for the party to come out against.

I've replied to that tweet, while I can't give all the answers to people's concerns neither can Mrs Middleton or the scout leader. All concerns should be directed to oufc where we will get answers set in stone. everyone wants facts not hearsay.

It’ll be a sorry state of affairs if Labour campaigns on an anti-stadium ticket. Fair enough for them to note some local concerns, but it would be baffling for the party to come out against.
You'd hope that they'd be for facilities that would be used predominantly by working class folk but who knows these days.

• React
Reactions: MJB
For once the Tories standing alone on an issue while the other parties all split the opposing vote might come in handy.

• React
Reactions: MJB
'My 'Labour County Councillor for Marston & Northway is pro SB ... ( guessing he'll be at the match tonight).... as are other Labour County Councillors, some of who spoke at the last streamed OCC meeting, in favour

I would've thought that locally ( Kidlington) there will be genuine concerns- some scaremongered & ramped up by local pressure groups- which Labour candidates will obviously need to address , and hopefully alleviate some of them

according to my sister (ST holder) who lives in Kidlington, parking issues on matchday is the main worry of residents shes spoken to... even though she lives at the opposite end of Kidlington to SB

I've replied to that tweet, while I can't give all the answers to people's concerns neither can Mrs Middleton or the scout leader. All concerns should be directed to oufc where we will get answers set in stone. everyone wants facts not hearsay.
... apart from Councillor Middleton, the scout leader, and that woman with many hats, who heads several residents' pressure groups of course..... facts dont sit well with their Josef Gobbels/ Putin style propaganda campaign of mininformation

For once the Tories standing alone on an issue while the other parties all split the opposing vote might come in handy.

Me after polling day, after holding my nose and voting for certain pro-stadium councillors.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom