General New Stadium Plans - Stratfield Brake

Status
Not open for further replies.
'This request from Oxfordshire United Football club is for the proposed development of a new football stadium, subject to planning permission. In addition to the stadium, the club’s proposal includes facilities such as a hotel, retail, conferencing and training and community grounds.'

We really are a big club now. We represent the entire county, not just the city!
We just keep on growing! From Headington to Oxford to Oxfordshire to... ???

Just filled in the survey. Used OxVox's helpful guide as guidance.

Made sure to mention that the club's role as a community hub was no better exemplified than in its work during the pandemic supporting the bereaved and the suffering. I also think the green transport potential is a genuinely positive factor: OUFC will still exist should the proposals be rejected in some capacity. Fans would still be attending games every Saturday. Would the council rather fans were attending the games in cars (see the packed-out Kassam carpark and surrounding verges and pavements) or on public transport? Seems a no-brainer to me.

Just filled in the survey. Used OxVox's helpful guide as guidance.

Made sure to mention that the club's role as a community hub was no better exemplified than in its work during the pandemic supporting the bereaved and the suffering. I also think the green transport potential is a genuinely positive factor: OUFC will still exist should the proposals be rejected in some capacity. Fans would still be attending games every Saturday. Would the council rather fans were attending the games in cars (see the packed-out Kassam carpark and surrounding verges and pavements) or on public transport? Seems a no-brainer to me.
For the green belt section I put that the sports new pitches there will provide the green barrier as the sport pitches do now. It also negates the risk of it being used for housing potentially and that moving away from the Kassam will open the possibility of that being used as a brownfield site thus saving a patch of green belt elsewhere from development.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom