General New kit 2022/23

I have updated Oxford Kits with the new kit.

The paler yellow seems to be a Macron thing. The preseason kit was the same, as was Bolton's yellow away kit last season.

I just wish whoever does the kit photoshoot could capture the shirt colour better. Every year, the photos show the yellow as too warm and the navy as near black.

The sponsor would certainly have been improved with 'Bangkok Glass' under the BG. This was how it appeared on the press announcement.
View attachment 9409
I agree - I thought the BG logo as presented on the shirts looked very non-descript and a bit amateurish, hopefully they'll update it.

Adding the words Bangkok Glass under the logo makes complete sense as you say and would be easy to do.
I suspect that years after having 'Wang' on our shirt, the club might have wanted to avoid having 'kok' on there too. It's childish, but the sort of ammunition opposition fans would use.

I suspect that years after having 'Wang' on our shirt, the club might have wanted to avoid having 'kok' on there too. It's childish, but the sort of ammunition opposition fans would use.
Really? - that would be pretty surreal humour and well above the collective cognitive ability of most sets of terrace choirs.

I liked the Wang sponsor and bought a retro shirt - I do enjoy saying to female OUFC fans (that I know well!!) - 'everyone likes a large wang on their chest don't they'.

I am definitely NOT an influencer! Just a genuine fan that the club approached. I did this for free for the good of the club, no payments or rewards! We had 1 mens large shirt to share between us and us girls had to roll and clip it so it fitted! The shirt went back to the club after, no one left with anything. I wish I was an influencer though, atleast I could charge £££ per social media post 🤣

Fair enough, I`m guessing they didn`t think "genuine fan, large men, or more mature folk" fitted with the required image in this new inclusive world.
How did the club approach you out of interest?

I think the sponsors logo is wonderful beyond comprehension, it’s so amazing that after watching the mighty yellows since1970 that my intitials are given pride of place, however at £50 a go, it’s a no fro me.

Fair enough, I`m guessing they didn`t think "genuine fan, large men, or more mature folk" fitted with the required image in this new inclusive world.
How did the club approach you out of interest?
They slid in to her DM's

BG is the sponsor because the commercial ‘team’ failed to find a suitable replacement for EB. This deal is very much a job for the boys arrangement.

First Animalates, then Black 'n Rounds, now this!

Mind you, if you're subsidising the club for millions a year, perhaps it's only fair to give the shirt sponsorship rights to the owner for next to nothing...

£50 for an adult and £38 got junior is a big price in this day and age.

That would be £126 on kits for me and the boys.

£50 for an adult and £38 got junior is a big price in this day and age.

That would be £126 on kits for me and the boys.
Standard pricing these days, many clubs are far more.

As it's something that funds our club then if possible purchase. I know it's not always possible, but if you can it helps the club.

Standard pricing these days, many clubs are far more.

As it's something that funds our club then if possible purchase. I know it's not always possible, but if you can it helps the club.

It doesn't help as much as you'd think. £6-£8 per shirt according to Kieran Maguire.

But the more we sell, the better deal we may be able to negotiate in future. Plus it shows we are behind the team.

I'll wait and see what the away and third kit look like and then one will be bought.

It doesn't help as much as you'd think. £6-£8 per shirt according to Kieran Maguire.

But the more we sell, the better deal we may be able to negotiate in future. Plus it shows we are behind the team.

I'll wait and see what the away and third kit look like and then one will be bought.
We must make more than that on a shirt surely?

How does it work when they are sold off half price towards the end of the season, we can’t then lose £15-£20 on a shirt?

Have to admit I never pay full price for a kit. I always wait for them to go on sale because £50 for a kit that only gets used for one season is stupid money that I can't justify. The only regret I've got is that the wonderful white away kit with the blue/yellow sash was out of stock in anything close to my size by the time the sales came around. I like the kit this year, although a little pale for my liking - will be on my to buy list when it gets reduced to £30 or less 😂

Doesn't help as much as you'd think. £6-£8 per shirt according to Kieran Maguire.

Also, as a bonus it is free advertising in the area when people wear them.

We must make more than that on a shirt surely?

How does it work when they are sold off half price towards the end of the season, we can’t then lose £15-£20 on a shirt?
The manufacturer deal varies by club. Man U get c £4 per shirt sale but Adidas pays them a shed load to have the right to make and sell the shirt.

Is need to listen to the podcast episode again but most of it is margin for the manufacturer. I think from a £50 shirt the club gets maximum £10, they cost about a tenner to make and distribute and the rest goes to the manufacturer.

Don't know what happens with unsold shirts. Good question!

So my son wants the new home shirt his mum said yes so easy for me lol I said maybe I will buy one for me Mrs said yes happy days
My son will get the away and 3rd kit for Christmas 😄😄

Back
Top Bottom