General 2023/24 - Kit Launch

Shouldn't be. I understand the club went to Italy and the Macron factory last October. I believe the design was agreed at the same time. Therefore Macron have had many many months for production. I suspect (hope) everything is planned and timetabled for a series of launches to coincide with pre season friendlies.

Shouldn't be. I understand the club went to Italy and the Macron factory last October. I believe the design was agreed at the same time. Therefore Macron have had many many months for production. I suspect (hope) everything is planned and timetabled for a series of launches to coincide with pre season friendlies.
Sounds positive. Still early in terms of the majority launching new kits. The Kit Man website is a good guide.

https://www.thekitman.co.uk/news/

Thanks goodness we haven't signed up with 'Oxen' like Doncaster and Lincoln. Awful, awful kits!!

That's positive if the club have been so proactive with Macron.

Not sure they need to wait for pre season games, a lot of people like to take their new tops on holiday or to wear through the summer, so worth releasing as early as possible.

Last edited:
hopefully the new home shirt/kit released prior to the PSFs

This is another example of poor communications from the club.

I don't expect them to give an exact date and time, but something along the lines of "grab yourself last seasons shirt in our sale now. Next seasons kit will be previewed / available before the xxx pre-season friendly / end of July / coming very soon".

Its another money spinner and something many people look forward to during the close season, so why not at least build some anticipation/excitement around it?

This is another example of poor communications from the club.

I don't expect them to give an exact date and time, but something along the lines of "grab yourself last seasons shirt in our sale now. Next seasons kit will be previewed / available before the xxx pre-season friendly / end of July / coming very soon".

Its another money spinner and something many people look forward to during the close season, so why not at least build some anticipation/excitement around it?
Because when they did that with season tickets loads of people moaned about the social media ST posts when they weren't yet on sale.

The branding on social media seems to be black and lemon yellow so I wonder if our away one will be these colours or if there will be a radical change to our home jerseys? As soon as the season ended, there seemed to be a quick shift into the new style so it's possible the sportswear designs have already been done and soon to ship. Last couple of years have been a mess - 11th hour kits last season and the one before that, the very attractive black away one didn't go on sale until 8 weeks into the new season. Hopefully the club have got all this ironed out.

Ferguson said in an interview that tge best three season's kits have been ordered but I think there are still global supply chain issues and Macron have A LOT of clubs to supply.

I bet he didn't actually say "tge best three season's kits have been ordered but I think there are still global supply chain issues and Macron have A LOT of clubs to supply".

It's too long and far too specific for a start.

Sorry, couple of typo's there! He said the next two seasons kits have been ordered (three if you include last season) and he thinks they're great.

The supply chain bit is my opinion.

Because when they did that with season tickets loads of people moaned about the social media ST posts when they weren't yet on sale.
But they didn't do that with season tickets.
They said "Season Tickets coming soon'.
We all know season tickets were coming soon*. We wanted details, not "coming soon".

If there is a post saying "New kit, coming soon", that would tell us literally no new information. A post saying "kits to be unveiled before the first friendly" would at least put a timeline on it, and tell us something.

* Well, with the Chuckle Brother's at the helm, I suppose it was nice for us to know that STs hadn't been forgotten.

But they didn't do that with season tickets.
They said "Season Tickets coming soon'.
We all know season tickets were coming soon*. We wanted details, not "coming soon".
Regarding the STs, there seemed to be some hysteria from a small number of supporters. All over a few days.
The ST campaign seems to me to have gone pretty well overall ( the only issue being the option for those who failed the credit check- I can understand that will have caused a few potential problems)

Regarding the STs, there seemed to be some hysteria from a small number of supporters. All over a few days.
The ST campaign seems to me to have gone pretty well overall ( the only issue being the option for those who failed the credit check- I can understand that will have caused a few potential problems)
I wouldn't describe the complaints as "Hysteria" more a collective moan that the communication from the club gave no real information to potential buyers. Other than saying information to come, there really wasn't any substance to the media campaign.

That initial ST sales have been good has probably saved a few club employees from embarrassment but, with all the pre-season activities still not really coming together, there exists grounds for concern.

Having been told that the new kit designs were finalised and with the manufacturer some time ago, I would have expected a finite date set for the release and, that date to be long before the season kicks off. Ferguson has dropped himself in it, again, with his lack of knowledge of historical pre-season exploits and, with his cohort, Williams, denying us a fans forum, they have missed another huge opportunity for getting the fans on board.

The open invitation to see the stadium plans is good, why not go further and have a proper fans day at the training ground?

Have they liaised with OxVox and OUSP over pre-season planning? That's one of the prime functions of both - liaising with fans. They were both consulted prior to ST sales starting but, it is clear that input from both was not fully acknowledged nor acted upon. Where are the hospitality options? Where is the members option?

I would ask if the club really have a joined up campaign to get the new season really buzzing or, have some of them gone away and stuck their heads in the sand?

Back
Top Bottom