More issues?

Maybe its a bit of skullduggery ...reverse psychology ... kalxon sounding 3 times after players meeting new players dentist chair challenge then deciding the group captains

Well your links can’t be very good or close then as this is 100% sadly true. This may or not come out over the next few days but ask your links why the players (they are the ones who haven’t been paid) are having a meeting in Portugal tomorrow. Goodnight.

We've previously talked about being ITK and how it's not possible to identify sources etc, but this rumour is so serious and potentially damaging that I think we need to see all the cards on the table.

My "links" are 3 people directly involved in the running of the club, and an indirect link to a first team player. No one has any knowledge of issues with the pay. No one knows about a meeting in Portugal or at the club. No one has any concerns about the financial state of the club. In fact, one stated that we are offering significant deals to numerous players and nothing is being done on the cheap.

Of course, they could be protecting the club or may not know of all the issues, but I have no reason to doubt their genuine surprise at this rumour.

I think now is the time to indicate where these rumours have come from, who is involved and, if real, what is being done about it? Until then, as @Malc has said, we have a meltdown over nothing.

I like to imagine that posters on here do so with integrity, fanciful, I know but, that being so, we have two who both claim to have sources within the club giving them information to which the rest of us lowly mortals, have no access.
Here then, we have a situation where the information from one is diametrically opposed to the other. Who do we believe? Whose source is giving the correct information (or believes they are)
And, as for us other posters with no such inside track but, knowledge and memory of past events, what else can we do except worry?

I like to imagine that posters on here do so with integrity, fanciful, I know but, that being so, we have two who both claim to have sources within the club giving them information to which the rest of us lowly mortals, have no access.
Here then, we have a situation where the information from one is diametrically opposed to the other. Who do we believe? Whose source is giving the correct information (or believes they are)
And, as for us other posters with no such inside track but, knowledge and memory of past events, what else can we do except worry?

What we can do is ask questions. Ask questions of those who have posted (I've tried to explain my information as openly as possible), ask questions of the club, and ask questions of the value in rumours anyway.

I wouldn't necessarily use "worry" as a default position but can understand why some would. My gut feeling is that this will all amount to nothing and we'll return to "worrying" about more important issues very soon.

What we can do is ask questions. Ask questions of those who have posted (I've tried to explain my information as openly as possible), ask questions of the club, and ask questions of the value in rumours anyway.

I wouldn't necessarily use "worry" as a default position but can understand why some would. My gut feeling is that this will all amount to nothing and we'll return to "worrying" about more important issues very soon.
Perhaps a word in the ear of your sources then to indicate the perceived "situation" and a hint that some sort of statement from the club would allay fears. Not, I hasten to add, any kind of denial, more along the lines of a current financial status, an advert to potential investors/players/agents etc. that OUFC is very much open for business and willing to spend appropriately. I daresay Chris Williams would be able to phrase it in a suitable manner!

Or I am only 33 and still feel I can perform at this level. I know I am only a fringe player at the moment but will prove to Karl who has been open and honest and myself that I am worthy of a first team place.

Fair dos. Woke in a shitty mood and this was the first thing I read. On reflection, my comment was a bit pissy ??

Sorry but IF this is proved to be false then the person who started it is, in my mind, intentionally attacking and damaging the club and it’s reputation and is completely and totally out of order. Obviously if it’s true then fair enough, but it’s the sort of thing which should only be shared publicly if it’s literally 100% certain

Perhaps a word in the ear of your sources then to indicate the perceived "situation" and a hint that some sort of statement from the club would allay fears. Not, I hasten to add, any kind of denial, more along the lines of a current financial status, an advert to potential investors/players/agents etc. that OUFC is very much open for business and willing to spend appropriately. I daresay Chris Williams would be able to phrase it in a suitable manner!
The club are very aware of what's posted on this forum and most of the time by whom, the club management team are trying to keep a very tight ship on transfer dealings so they can get deals over the line, this forum is taken too factually by some posters thinking this is the nub of all info, most is just speculation and amusing banter.

I'm with scotchers on this one, there are people who are attached to the club who post on here and if true would/should support this rumour, but the over reaction without any evidence is worrying, I can see the frustration of the signing players and the clubs recent past history of financial management but the amount that piled in just on the say so of 1 posters rumour to batter their club, bit worrying where the fans heads are with these owners, we could do with a good transfer window and a good start to the season so we all get behind the team/club.

Fair dos. Woke in a shitty mood and this was the first thing I read. On reflection, my comment was a bit pissy ??

Actually on the shittiness barometer on here lately you’d only score a 1 out of 10 for that comment! Can’t have been in as bad a mood as you thought. ?

if i had alleged contacts in horse racing "itk" who feed guff like some are given on here i'd be skint...........Anyone lend me a fiver :)))))

We've previously talked about being ITK and how it's not possible to identify sources etc, but this rumour is so serious and potentially damaging that I think we need to see all the cards on the table.

My "links" are 3 people directly involved in the running of the club, and an indirect link to a first team player. No one has any knowledge of issues with the pay. No one knows about a meeting in Portugal or at the club. No one has any concerns about the financial state of the club. In fact, one stated that we are offering significant deals to numerous players and nothing is being done on the cheap.

Of course, they could be protecting the club or may not know of all the issues, but I have no reason to doubt their genuine surprise at this rumour.

I think now is the time to indicate where these rumours have come from, who is involved and, if real, what is being done about it? Until then, as @Malc has said, we have a meltdown over nothing.

Fair play Scotchegg - at least we know why you are so positive about everything now!

If it is total bull then will be interesting to see what Junior says. To be fair to him he does seem to get to hear some stuff. Has he been set up? Fed a bit of news about the Israeli player then also ‘tipped off’ about supposed financial issues.

The only thing I’d say is that there have been issues in the last few months - getting money into the country etc - so any further issues would not be a huge surprise.

If it is total bull then you can’t expect the club to say anything, they can’t respond to every rumour.

Back
Top Bottom