General Modern Football: Is It Just Boring?

To be fair I was talking about the fine for the singing at the Liverpool game not the Brighton one.

What was the chant they got fined for?

At a wild guess the old school chant comparing Brighton and its residents to a very tasty savoury meat product.

Again it is "over the line" of legality.

To be fair I was talking about the fine for the singing at the Liverpool game not the Brighton one.

What was the chant they got fined for?
I couldn't find any link to them actually getting fined for the tragedy chanting v Liverpool.

Starting from the under 7’s academy football, the kids are basically programmed to play a certain way. This carries on through the whole academy system. Every club coaches the same as each other. There is no individuality in the way the kids play and if they. No longer will we see players like Gazza, Cantona or LeTissier but we will just have lots of Mason Mounts and Connor Gallaghers
Completely agree.

You could argue the overall quality of player has increased, but you don't see that 'rawness' from players anymore. It's trained talent rather than raw talent.

With the result in Europes top court going against UEFA and FIFA and for the breakaway super league clubs we are about to get a lot more modern when it comes to football, meet the new boss, somehow even more of a c**t than the last boss.

At a wild guess the old school chant comparing Brighton and its residents to a very tasty savoury meat product.

Bloody snowflakes! I remember the time you could have a good old homophobic stereotype rant at the opposition or their fans with complete impunity. Progress, eh?

Last edited:
With the result in Europes top court going against UEFA and FIFA and for the breakaway super league clubs we are about to get a lot more modern when it comes to football, meet the new boss, somehow even more of a c**t than the last boss.

About 8 minutes after that decision a proposal for a 3 division super league is launched by the same company who proposed the first one, if you were not a fan of football and modernity before then I would cover your eyes and ears.

Bloody snowflakes! I remember the time you could have a good old homphobic stereotype rant at the opposition or their fans with complete impunity. Progress, eh?

Looking on the bright side, there's no restriction on homophonic chanting.

About 8 minutes after that decision a proposal for a 3 division super league is launched by the same company who proposed the first one, if you were not a fan of football and modernity before then I would cover your eyes and ears.
Meh let them get on with it. As long as we can carry on our ongoing series of matches with Pompey and the like we'll be fine.

I'll be honest, I got bored and bailed out before I finished reading about the proposed format.

Star league, gold league, blue league, cheese league.

And I'll just mention again, because it can't be said too many times, the idea that f*****g SPURS deserve a place in Europe's top competition.

You can't deny that someone has a wicked sense of humour.

Looking on the bright side, there's no restriction on homophonic chanting.

I hated the homophobic chanting Palace fans directed towards Brighton fans. Used to think of the younger fans who might be gay but yet to come out and how they might feel about it all. For a club that was rightly progressive on race given its local population (Ron Noades to one side) the homophobia was unexpected and crass.

I'll be honest, I got bored and bailed out before I finished reading about the proposed format.

Star league, gold league, blue league, cheese league.

And I'll just mention again, because it can't be said too many times, the idea that f*****g SPURS deserve a place in Europe's top competition.

You can't deny that someone has a wicked sense of humour.
I know. I love the fact that Spurs think they are part of the elite because they have a nice stadium that sells craft beer. I think a new super league would surely kill off international club football. Who would give a s**t? Inter v. Spurs every year = zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bloody snowflakes! I remember the time you could have a good old homophobic stereotype rant at the opposition or their fans with complete impunity. Progress, eh?

As previously anything that oversteps the line of legality is a "no go" these days.

Where that stops in the "dark humour" stakes is anyone's guess, ergo - poor atmosphere.

Progress eh?

As previously anything that oversteps the line of legality is a "no go" these days.
erm, when exactly has it been the case that something that 'oversteps the line of legality' was acceptable?

Back
Top Bottom