General Wrexham... Great Story or Proof Football is Dead?

The same people that have a problem with what Man City have done in the Prem don't have a problem with Wrexham, despite them doing very similar things (sponsoring themselves for unknown quantities, outspending competition to a point it's impossible for them to keep up etc etc etc).

I'd love to know your basis for this outburst.

Fair enough.

I'd live to know the basis for the observation.
The basis is the applauding of Wrexham and demonisation of Man City. Even before official charges were brought against City there was an incredible amount of criticism.

Wrexham are just lucky that the NL & EFL aren't regulated by UEFA.

The basis is the applauding of Wrexham and demonisation of Man City. Even before official charges were brought against City there was an incredible amount of criticism.

Wrexham are just lucky that the NL & EFL aren't regulated by UEFA.

There's been plenty of fawning over Man City, especially in the wake of the treble.

There's also been plenty of cynicism towards Wrexham.

It would be funny.

Swindon blew a two goal lead to Crewe last week. Losing a three goal lead would be extra funny.

Think the negativity towards Wrexham is misplaced, we don't have the finances to do what we're doing in League One, just look at the contract Brannagan is on to stop him going to the Chamipionship, they've done similar, just at a different level.

Hope they come back and send the Scum packing with 0 points.

Think the negativity towards Wrexham is misplaced, we don't have the finances to do what we're doing in League One, just look at the contract Brannagan is on to stop him going to the Chamipionship, they've done similar, just at a different level.

Hope they come back and send the Scum packing with 0 points.

They actually do have the finances to do what they are doing, through the profile the owners have they have generated serious income, can’t really have a go at them for spending beyond their means. Bit of jealousy involved with them, personally not going to get jealous of a team in a league below us.

They actually do have the finances to do what they are doing
I know what you're saying, and we're largely in agreement, but there's no doubt in my mind that they are spending beyond their means, but so are we, and so do most football clubs.

Wonderful.

I’m not a fan of this spanking the money on Wrexham, but bloody hell what a comeback from being 1-4 down, to draw 5-5, with the scum, classic. 4-1 up and you fucked it up. 5-3 up and you still fucked up.

I had been quite against the Wrexham stuff, feeling that it was just a sad example of celebrity culture winning out over any kind of hard work but very recently (saturday) I've had a change of heart. love them.

I generally like The Athletic for its in-depth sports reporting.
But it does seem to love to jump on a bandwagon particularly if there is a USA connection.
Big article today just on that one match
Would they have written this if it was for instance Barnsley 5 - 5 Oxford United?

Similarly they have endless articles about Messi in the USA.

Ben Foster appears to have retired from football.
Maybe conceding 5 v Swin*** was the last straw?

Back
Top Bottom