Other European Turkish FA Halts League Football

Don`t think he`ll be Club President for much longer. Glad the ref is OK.

Sometimes you just have to accept that others are more learned than you.

Much as I would wish this to be an isolated case, I can foresee this kind of thing only happening more regularly.

Koca was astonishingly later quoted by the Demiroren News Agency to have said: "This incident developed due to the wrong decisions and provocative behaviour of the referee. My aim was to react verbally to the referee and spit in his face.

"At this time, I slapped the referee in the face. The slap I gave would not cause a fracture.

"After my slap, the referee threw himself on the ground. They immediately removed me from the scene because I have a heart condition."

INCREDIBLE 😳

Koca was astonishingly later quoted by the Demiroren News Agency to have said: "This incident developed due to the wrong decisions and provocative behaviour of the referee. My aim was to react verbally to the referee and spit in his face.

"At this time, I slapped the referee in the face. The slap I gave would not cause a fracture.

"After my slap, the referee threw himself on the ground. They immediately removed me from the scene because I have a heart condition."

INCREDIBLE 😳

Looking at the photo does the heart condition cause him to slap with a closed fist? That's an interesting side effect.

‘Fifa president Gianni Infantino called the incident "totally unacceptable" and said that violence has "no place in our sport or society".’

um……FIFA Club World Cup currently being held in Saudi Arabia - human rights record ok there then?

INCREDIBLE 😳
Worst defence EVAH

INCREDIBLE 😳
It sounds more plausible than the defences for not providing Whatsapp messages to the Covid enquiry.

Football in that part of the Mediteranean is having issues - The Greek top league has been asked to play all games behind closed doors by the government due to crowd trouble.

There seems to be a rise in trouble across Europe, with recent examples in Netherlands and France:

Football in that part of the Mediteranean is having issues - The Greek top league has been asked to play all games behind closed doors by the government due to crowd trouble.
What the report doesn't say though (it only refers to "sports fans") is that the trouble was caused by fans at a basketball game! While it is true that the two basketball teams involved have the same names as, and are owned by, two major Greek football clubs, it does seem rather harsh to punish all football fans for it.

Again, suspending all the leagues in Turkey is a knee-jerk reaction. It should be just MKE Ankaragucu who deserve to be suspended.

It's difficult to see how violence against referees can be stopped unless you have high fences around the pitch, as was the case in the UK before Hillsborough.

Just seen on BBC website that Turkish football will resume on December 19th.

MKE Ankaragucu have been given a hefty fine and have to play their next five home games without spectators.

Again, suspending all the leagues in Turkey is a knee-jerk reaction. It should be just MKE Ankaragucu who deserve to be suspended.
If this is an isolated incident, then yes completely agree, and completely agree the club should be punished massively for what happened. I don't follow Turkish football in any way, but if this was the latest in a long line of incidents involving multiple clubs then you could make an argument for a broader punishment. Thatcher was considering similar 'broad-stroke' measures in the 80s as many would remember, including getting all football supporters on a registration card scheme.

Back
Top Bottom