International News Meghan & Harry

Herein lies the problem and my issue with this interview overall - it presents a half baked picture. It’s why it’s been debated on here because Meghan only presented the fraction of the evidence I would look for in accusing someone of racism.

Meghan goes all serious and doe-eyed, says that a senior royal said there was ‘concern’ over the baby’s skin colour and Oprah throws up her arms and looks agog at such a thing is said. That should have been a trigger for finding out more. Instead it was left as it was with the story being who said it being the centre stage point (Prince Charles is the front runner now we know it wasn’t Brenda or PP).

What does ‘concern’ mean? In what context was it said? Was it said more than once? Without those questions asked, it leaves the situation hanging. A clever ploy from the Sussexes but poor interviewing from Oprah.

It would have been more interesting to see someone who wasn’t their ally interview them. Emily Maitlis’s interrogation of the hapless Randy Andy made for great viewing. This was a prepared and well acted broadside to get their view across which is fine of them - very American you may add - but a full and fair view overall? Not until Buck Palace respond.

I`m just avoiding the "news" for the rest of the week.

Mountains will be made from very, very small molehills.

It`ll be great if Buck House come out with "Showing her true colours and we are well rid, thanks Liz & Phil". :)

I see Hilary Clinton has spoken in support of Meghan maybe someone should speak up in favour of Bill getting blown Monica

Dianne Abbot said Meghan was feeling pressure from the white members of the royal family.......just an aside thought all out royal family were white

Piers Morgan has been fired by GMTV. I don't agree with him, and I find him to be an antagonistic d*ck. But that is his job. That is why TV companies hire him - to be an an antagonistic d*ck. But now because the CEO doesn't happen to agree with his controversial opinion, he's been fired.

I don't like the guy, but I do feel this sets a very dangerous precedent. I agree, freedom of speech does have limits (e.g. you can't promote violence, racism, sexism, homophobia etc), but I don't think Piers crossed that line. He just said he didn't believe Meghan Markle - and that is his right.

I've heard the Piers Morgan thing might be a stage managed exit to drum up some support for this new 'GB News' thing that people are linking Murdoch, Farage and Andrew Neil to.

Quite clever really, and not dissimilar to what Harry and Meghan were doing with Oprah. Lots of media savvy people doing media savvy things at the moment.

Media savvy is the word. H&M pocketed $7m from that chummy chat with Oprah.

If that’s not enough to see you by for a few years, you’re just plain greedy.

Piers Morgan has been fired by GMTV. I don't agree with him, and I find him to be an antagonistic d*ck. But that is his job. That is why TV companies hire him - to be an an antagonistic d*ck. But now because the CEO doesn't happen to agree with his controversial opinion, he's been fired.

I don't like the guy, but I do feel this sets a very dangerous precedent. I agree, freedom of speech does have limits (e.g. you can't promote violence, racism, sexism, homophobia etc), but I don't think Piers crossed that line. He just said he didn't believe Meghan Markle - and that is his right.

Is there any evidence he was fired?

Media savvy is the word. H&M pocketed $7m from that chummy chat with Oprah.

If that’s not enough to see you by for a few years, you’re just plain greedy.
They did claim in her interview that they weren’t being paid but it’s there mate and with the millions that, that interview alone must be worth a few 100 million, so I bet they’re getting something

I've heard the Piers Morgan thing might be a stage managed exit to drum up some support for this new 'GB News' thing that people are linking Murdoch, Farage and Andrew Neil to.

Quite clever really, and not dissimilar to what Harry and Meghan were doing with Oprah. Lots of media savvy people doing media savvy things at the moment.
....and Clarkson et al from Top Gear??

Personally, I think GMB was becoming the wrong stage for Piers M. He will be much more suited to his own programme in an evening (probably post 9pm) slot where he can air his opinions and grill politicians to his hearts content without without curdling the milk on the children's cornflakes across the land every morning.
Now whether that is on ITV (they've already got Peston), other terrestrial channels (C4, C5) or one of the new news channels (although will Andrew Neil want to share the limelight with someone else, or have it to himself?), remains to be seen, but I'm sure he'll be back pretty soon....though I'm not sure I'll be watching

One thing about Piers, he does make it when try while watching with his grilling of guests, and now apparently one of the complainants to Ofcom was Meghan herself. Sorry but the Sussex’s ship has now sailed with their vitriol of the e royal family.

Dianne Abbot said Meghan was feeling pressure from the white members of the royal family.......just an aside thought all out royal family were white
Megans white tho............... looks like that to me....

Back
Top Bottom