International News Meghan & Harry

I know you enjoy playing the Lozza Fox anti-woke warrior from time to time, Essex, and you enjoy the seething from some on here, but I in some ways agree with this. Meghan has used the racism line so effectively that saying it enough times therefore makes it true. Her argument essentially boils down to 'is it coz I is black?' without realising that criticism of a BAME person or people does not necessarily have to be racist.

Every person marrying or partnering up with a royal family member gets the rough treatment from the press. The more major the royal you date, the more attention you'll receive. It's not so long ago that Sarah Ferguson was the brunt of all the jibes and jokes from the media. Kate Middleton was deemed a commoner by some quarters. Her sister received dogs abuse for daring to upstage Kate at her wedding by wearing a figure hugging dress. Chelsy Davy was hounded relentlessly when she dated Harry. What's different about the endless stories Meghan has received? So much as get caught sneezing and it's newsworthy apparently.

The press had it in for her for a number of reasons which were independent of her skin tone - a divorcee American (Wallis Simpson-esque who equally had a tough time from the press and family), an actress with a bit of a profile already, an attention seeking father, a more liberal attitude against the do-your-duty stoical conservatism of the royals. Of course she was going to attract headlines. It doesn't mean that they're racist though.

I agree as well over Meghans use of the race card in her interview but it was helped a lot when she mentioned and Oprah drew a breath and paused for a few seconds and then said “ what “ that was Oprah bestirring the hornets nest for the viewers. Out of order.

I agree as well over Meghans use of the race card in her interview but it was helped a lot when she mentioned and Oprah drew a breath and paused for a few seconds and then said “ what “ that was Oprah bestirring the hornets nest for the viewers. Out of order.
Meghan had really just said ‘Agyei and Taylor are starting on Tuesday night’, but that was dubbed out.

I only caught the first part of it, will wait to see it properly on Netflix’s surprisingly addictive The Crown in a few years, but there is no way those questions were not agreed on before and those answers not scripted/rehearsed. She is not an airhead, is obviously fairly erudite and with an actress background knows how to play to the cameras but no one is that cool, calm and collected, that erudite and well spoken in an interview situation where they don’t know the questions, so it was a bit of a hatchet job in that respect.

Its two peoples words who obviously have an issue against the silence of a family/institution, who the f**k knows the actual truth as none of us were there for any of this and there will never be any proof, so picking a side is as pointless as tossing a coin to see who is right.

Just can’t wait till we get to see the pros do it properly on Netflix’s far superior version of the Royal Family The Crown.

I only caught the first part of it, will wait to see it properly on Netflix’s surprisingly addictive The Crown in a few years, but there is no way those questions were not agreed on before and those answers not scripted/rehearsed. She is not an airhead, is obviously fairly erudite and with an actress background knows how to play to the cameras but no one is that cool, calm and collected, that erudite and well spoken in an interview situation where they don’t know the questions, so it was a bit of a hatchet job in that respect.

Its two peoples words who obviously have an issue against the silence of a family/institution, who the f**k knows the actual truth as none of us were there for any of this and there will never be any proof, so picking a side is as pointless as tossing a coin to see who is right.

Just can’t wait till we get to see the pros do it properly on Netflix’s far superior version of the Royal Family The Crown.
As I’ve said previously there bashing of the royals was also down to the fact they had a terrific interviewer she Oprah knows how to manipulate an audience.

Haven’t watched it. Don’t plan too.

Bit did Meghan get asked about the situation with her family, notably her father? That would have been a sensible question to ask or wouldn’t that for the agenda?

Why wouldn’t she if she’s going to accuse the royal family of racism, name names? The pair of them know that the royal family or Buckingham palace won’t get drawn into a slanging match in the media so it’s an easy shock tactic to go with.

Lastly, for a couple who have chosen ( no problem with that, I don’t even blame them. ) to ask for a private life away from the press and all that goes with it. To go on mainstream US tv likewise knowing the coverage it’ll get this side of the pond, seems a little hypocritical to me....
Exactly. So they get interviewed by the biggest media mogul in the US, Oprah Winfrey, to air all their dubious laundry in public. To what purpose? to raise further their profile and secure the empathy of the US population and see all the dollars roll in. Cynicism at its best.

Do you ever watch the BBC or use BBC products? Imagine supporting an institution which was a known friends of a known paedophile.

Have you ever voted for the Lib Dems? Imagine supporting a party which was a known friend of a known paedophile.

Have you ever enjoyed a Weinstein film? Imagine supporting an industry which was closely associated with a known sex offender.

Doesn't really work does it.
Some superb whataboutism there.

Exactly. So they get interviewed by the biggest media mogul in the US, Oprah Winfrey, to air all their dubious laundry in public. To what purpose? to raise further their profile and secure the empathy of the US population and see all the dollars roll in. Cynicism at its best.
Listening to Piers and Alex Beresford this morning they were arguing over the term how darkness their baby going to be, that is a racist comment but she never heard Harry did but she was the one who mentioned this to Oprah and it was Oprah sensationalised that comment so the American public now look on our royals as a bunch of racists.
Next snippet that Oprah will release as they’re still coming out after the interview was aired will be how Charles and Wills dress up in white sheets abs dance round a burning cross.
If they remain together and that remains to be seen they should never be allowed to return as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, if they divorce he Harry would have to take a very minor role in Royal duties.

I also have to add if George Floyd hadn’t been killed at the hands of a over zealous bigoted policeman, would the alleged comment been made on the Oprah Winfrey show?

Didn’t watch as have no interest, I would like to add to that by saying “who gives a flying fu*k” about any of this. It’s an outdated concept that this morning the media was discussing a babies “Birth Right” to be called a Prince or Princess. How anybody today can recognise a child at birth has a right to be assumed better than your own by the size of the “silver spoon” in their mouth is just wrong !

Didn’t watch as have no interest, I would like to add to that by saying “who gives a flying fu*k” about any of this. It’s an outdated concept that this morning the media was discussing a babies “Birth Right” to be called a Prince or Princess. How anybody today can recognise a child at birth has a right to be assumed better than your own by the size of the “silver spoon” in their mouth is just wrong !

As was explained until Charles was made king Archie isn’t entitled to be called a Prince. I didn’t know this but apparently it’s something to do with as far as I can make out, it’s how the royal charter is.

Depends surely. I'm in a mixed race relationship and my kids are mixed race. If family had said before birth I wonder if they will be dark like mum etc and it's in the normal context of being curious about who they will look like then that would have been no problem for me. However, if anyone had said they have concerns about what their skin colour would be, that is awful and nothing to do with 'race cards'. Racism at it's worst. I'm a republican and have no love for any of this but on a human level being concerned about the colour of someone's skin is appalling.

Depends surely. I'm in a mixed race relationship and my kids are mixed race. If family had said before birth I wonder if they will be dark like mum etc and it's in the normal context of being curious about who they will look like then that would have been no problem for me. However, if anyone had said they have concerns about what their skin colour would be, that is awful and nothing to do with 'race cards'. Racism at it's worst. I'm a republican and have no love for any of this but on a human level being concerned about the colour of someone's skin is appalling.
Totally agree with your comments, I used to work with a chap white British his wife was Indian and pretty as well, they had a baby and he was saying to me how many people had asked to see what the baby looked like, quite rightly he was pissed of and angry, that is bad but then he said someone said that his handbag a beautiful complexion the skin tone etc. It is difficult racism is rife everywhere, but some comments are said and have racist overtones other comments aren’t and they are taken in the right manner, some comments are however meant in all the right ways but are taken in the wrong manner.
It’s a difficult subject.
On GMB this morning they had there usual zoom meetingsnwithbAndeew and Kev from the Mail and Mirror and also had a black female journalist, she said the palace should come out and apologise for the racist comments but that’s admitting they’ve occurred but no one is being is being named and held accountable for these allegations, and that’s what they are allegations.

Totally agree with your comments, I used to work with a chap white British his wife was Indian and pretty as well, they had a baby and he was saying to me how many people had asked to see what the baby looked like, quite rightly he was pissed of and angry, that is bad but then he said someone said that his handbag a beautiful complexion the skin tone etc. It is difficult racism is rife everywhere, but some comments are said and have racist overtones other comments aren’t and they are taken in the right manner, some comments are however meant in all the right ways but are taken in the wrong manner.
It’s a difficult subject.
On GMB this morning they had there usual zoom meetingsnwithbAndeew and Kev from the Mail and Mirror and also had a black female journalist, she said the palace should come out and apologise for the racist comments but that’s admitting they’ve occurred but no one is being is being named and held accountable for these allegations, and that’s what they are allegations.
Odd turn of phrase Bazzer - are you suggesting that Indian women are mostly ugly o_O -that's a joke by the way!

Not at all my mates wife is British by birth but Indian is her heritage.
Is your mate white or Indian I'm asking because I tried dating an Indian girl before and her parents would not allow it they said she can only date in her own culture pretty wrong I thought imagine if I said that I would be accused of rasicm straight away.

This is true.

But let's be honest, if Prince Philip had said this (although Oprah said it wasn't him) - it still wouldn't make it into the "top 10 most racist things Phil has said" list. There's many, many things he said over the years that are so offensive that I'm not even comfortable typing them out on here.

We know for an absolute fact that the patriarch of the royal family is a racist ass - so Meghan's comments shouldn't really surprise anyone.

That we've chosen as a nation to essentially turn a blind eye to it, and giggle about Philip as more of a figure of ridicule rather than drag him over the coals for it (and I'm just as guilty of this as anyone), is probably to our detriment. And I guess that's what Meghan's exposing now......

I think someone showing concerns for a skin colour doesn't mean they are against it themselves - or a racist. It could have been a general concern about how Archie might be perceived by any number of things - from other members of the royal family, to sections of the British public.

My children wont look quite like my family has over the generations due to a Turkish influence. We talk freely about it, and we all wonder what the little beauties will look like.

Back
Top Bottom