Current Player Marcus Browne

He would have to give up a hell of a lot of money in wages to permanently move here. Like, £500,000 over the next three years levels of money. What he’s on versus what we could afford, even pushing the boat out, are a good distance apart.

It would take an incredible financial sacrifice from him. Or the biggest signing on fee L1 has seen, delivered in a sack with ‘swag’ written on it.
Best we can ask for is a season-long-loan (with no recall in January would be ideal)

Anyone saying he’s not worth it give your head a wobble, before the lockdown he was unplayable at times in that 2 month period, ok he wasn’t great in the playoffs but neither was Henry Taylor Brannagan Eastwood who were meant to be key players for us, plus he was wasted on the left wing he was doing all his damage through the midfield before Holland got injured

Last edited:
In that report? Mentioned twice, once for a miss and once for a pass.

"The lively Folarin broke free down the right flank and delivered to Marcus Browne at the back post, who lifted narrowly over.
Minutes later, Browne showed good endeavour to play in Marc Bola, who was brought crashing to the ground. Ste Walker dispatched the penalty to round off the scoring."

Also on twitter. Added to that he’s been talked about having a part to play by Warnock. Time to look elsewhere

• React
Reactions: Ian
In that report? Mentioned twice, once for a miss and once for a pass.

"The lively Folarin broke free down the right flank and delivered to Marcus Browne at the back post, who lifted narrowly over.
Minutes later, Browne showed good endeavour to play in Marc Bola, who was brought crashing to the ground. Ste Walker dispatched the penalty to round off the scoring."

Impressive!!

Best we can ask for is a season-long-loan (with no recall in January would be ideal)

Anyone saying he’s not worth it give your head a wobble, before the lockdown he was unplayable at times in that 2 month period, ok he wasn’t great in the playoffs but neither was Henry Taylor Brannagan Eastwood who were meant to be key players for us, plus he was wasted on the left wing he was doing all his damage through the midfield before Holland got injured
A few weeks ago, following the final, I said I wasn't so bothered about getting Browne. I got put in my place by a few and they were right, I was wrong. He would be massive for us but it now seems extremely unlikely he will come back.

• React
Reactions: Ian
Why not ask your mate at the club if he’s joining then!!

Browne was someone we were looking at but that he would have a preseason at Middlesbrough before any decisions were made about him moving on. He's worked hard and is putting himself in contention for regular first team football, which is great for him. If that changes then I'm sure we'll be one of the clubs looking to take him on loan.

Hardly ground breaking in the know stuff!!!

Would anyone be happy with Marvin Johnson coming back? Capable of playing anywhere on the left.

It seems to be the default on this forum. Looking for signings? Who used to play for us but isn't starting every game? Last month Whyte was that man, now it's Johnson's turn.

I mean, it’s not exactly unheard of for clubs to bring ex-players back in... we’ve certainly done it a few times!

Back
Top Bottom