Browne

He’s got great potential but he does need to be protected a bit more by referees, he seems to have a style that draws fouls a lot and he goes down painfully from them.

He does seem to tire a bit at the end of games, and become much less effective than say, Whyte does

Just needs to lose that Premiershite cocksure arrogance, but has the ability to play at Championship level if not higher if he can stay fit and get the mind games out if his head.

I know this is not comparible with this thread but looking on the Pompey forum it looks like we dodged a bullit in not signing JAMES vaughn they're saying hes crap

I know this is not comparible with this thread but looking on the Pompey forum it looks like we dodged a bullit in not signing JAMES vaughn they're saying hes crap

And yet not long ago he scored 20+ in L1. Sunderland fans said the same about Sinclair so I'll always wait until I actually see the player play for us.

And yet not long ago he scored 20+ in L1. Sunderland fans said the same about Sinclair so I'll always wait until I actually see the player play for us.
I would guess that Sunderland also wonder whether Grigg was a waste of money as well?
They have not got the best out if their strikers (Wyke cost a lot and didnt really produce as well)

I would guess that Sunderland also wonder whether Grigg was a waste of money as well?
They have not got the best out if their strikers (Wyke cost a lot and didnt really produce as well)

Grigg I think will come good for them whether in the play offs or next season but Sunderland does seem a bit of a strikers graveyard. I do wonder about their manager, Jack Ross, and how he plays them as he played Sinclair as a wide player on a fair few of his appearances and whether he is the constant factor in all these strikers not being at their best. Yet then they had that forward (Maja?) who they sold in January after he'd banged a fair few in.

Grigg I think will come good for them whether in the play offs or next season but Sunderland does seem a bit of a strikers graveyard.
Yes Grigg may well come good, but I reckon that the reason they paid what looked like over the odds for him was to score the goals to take them up.
Ross so far seems to have had a number of goalscorers who have failed to score many for Sunderland.
Maybe too many to not gave something to do with the way that they play/ are coached?

I thought at the time that Vaughan looked like he could be an expensive flop

Thought the same of Sinclair too mind

To be fair at that point pretty much anyone would have done we were so desperate for a striker. Except Smith, obviously.

Yes Grigg may well come good, but I reckon that the reason they paid what looked like over the odds for him was to score the goals to take them up.
Ross so far seems to have had a number of goalscorers who have failed to score many for Sunderland.
Maybe too many to not gave something to do with the way that they play/ are coached?

No doubt they bought Grigg for this season. I think there must be something in the tactics that Ross uses as iirc Maja was more a fast, agile striker whereas Wyke and Griggs aren't that type of striker.

5 goals this sea
I thought at the time that Vaughan looked like he could be an expensive flop

Thought the same of Sinclair too mind

To be fair at that point pretty much anyone would have done we were so desperate for a striker. Except Smith, obviously.

I thought that a out Sinclair and yes he still frustrates sometimes but his goal ratio since he's been with us he has scored more than he had done in his career, and to think if he had been with us since the beginning of the season he would have scored double figures.

5 goals this sea

I thought that a out Sinclair and yes he still frustrates sometimes but his goal ratio since he's been with us he has scored more than he had done in his career, and to think if he had been with us since the beginning of the season he would have scored double figures.
Had that one on Saturday wrongly disallowed aswell. Could mould himself into a decent poacher once he realises it doesn't matter how you score the goal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom