Current Player Marcus Browne

It's why players should almost exclusively follow the money. It's a job that could end tomorrow.

Hope he makes a full recovery.
Indeed. If they decide to stay loyal and stick with a club they love some little shits start slagging off and insulting them the moment their performance dips - as I’ve seen here with James Henry from some twats this season.

Indeed. If they decide to stay loyal and stick with a club they love some little shits start slagging off and insulting them the moment their performance dips - as I’ve seen here with James Henry from some twats this season.
He has been shite though? So you think because a player WAS good at some point, they are immune from future criticism? Ridiculous.

Do you think James Henry would stay here, if he received a better offer from another club? No.

Hope Browne can get back to the player he was. Always 50/50 with an injury like that. All the best to him.

He has been shite though? So you think because a player WAS good at some point, they are immune from future criticism? Ridiculous.

Do you think James Henry would stay here, if he received a better offer from another club? No.
You dont sound like much of a supporter - just sitting back waiting to criticise

You dont sound like much of a supporter - just sitting back waiting to criticise

You been on the beers mate? I’m one of the most supportive people on this forum but when it comes to justified criticism, I don’t view any player as untouchable. Henry has been poor all season. Fact.

Last edited:
You been on the beers mate? I’m one of the most supportive people on this forum but when it comes to justified criticism, I don’t view any player as untouchable. Henry has been poor all season. Fact.
That is not a fact. It is an opinion.
He has not been at his best , but shite all season. I reckon that is rubbish. He has had some decent games and some poor games.

That is not a fact. It is an opinion.
He has not been at his best , but shite all season. I reckon that is rubbish. He has had some decent games and some poor games.
I beg to differ. Look at his goals and assists, key passes and goal contributions. 3 goals and 2 assists in 20 league games. Poor. If that was anyone else, they would be in for criticism. Why is Henry any different? He’s been okay against teams like Plymouth and Burton. Against anyone in the top 12, he’s been average at best.

Last edited:
Which clubs offering James Henry more money did he turn down to stay loyal to Oxford?

Henry has been poor all season. Fact.

He’s been okay against teams like Plymouth and Burton. Against anyone in the top 12, he’s been average at best.

So yeah, your second statement is a fair appraisal of James Henry this season.

And rather contradicts your first statement, which is classic over-exaggerated player-bashing.

If you acknowledge that at times this season he's been OK and/or average, then it's not a fact that he's been poor all season!

So yeah, your second statement is a fair appraisal of James Henry this season.

And rather contradicts your first statement, which is classic over-exaggerated player-bashing.

If you acknowledge that at times this season he's been OK and/or average, then it's not a fact that he's been poor all season!
‘Player-bashing’ 😅 So because you have been poor against teams at the top of the table but manage to play okay against teams in the bottom six, that means that all is forgotten and you’re back to your best? I’m not arguing the point. He has been well below the standard we expect from him.

‘Player-bashing’ 😅 So because you have been poor against teams at the top of the table but manage to play okay against teams in the bottom six, that means that all is forgotten and you’re back to your best? I’m not arguing the point. He has been well below the standard we expect from him.

No, making blanket statements like 'He's been poor all-season. FACT' is player-bashing. When he hasn't, and it isn't.

Criticise players by all means - and yeah, James Henry has not been up to his former standard this year.

But make wild statements that you then even contradict yourself two posts later, and you're gonna get called on it!

No, making blanket statements like 'He's been poor all-season. FACT' is player-bashing. When he hasn't, and it isn't.

Criticise players by all means - and yeah, James Henry has not been up to his former standard this year.

But make wild statements that you then even contradict yourself two posts later, and you're gonna get called on it!
He has been poor all season? If you can tell me one game that he has been above 5 or 6/10, I’ll listen to what you’re saying.

James Henry has been probably our best player over the last few seasons. His goals and assists kept us up and then nearly got us promoted. My point was that a real supporter, rather than an armchair fan of a TV team, would speak respectfully of such a revered figure, even when pointing out that he hasn’t played so well this season.

James Henry has been probably our best player over the last few seasons. His goals and assists kept us up and then nearly got us promoted. My point was that a real supporter, rather than an armchair fan of a TV team, would speak respectfully of such a revered figure, even when pointing out that he hasn’t played so well this season.
‘An armchair fan of a TV team’

I’m pretty sure that I’ve been to more Oxford games than you’ve had hot dinners.

Back
Top Bottom