Current Player Edwards & Browne Injury Update?

You can tell that Des is at least thinking it (although he seems to nice to say it directly):

“He [Browne] will go for a scan today but he’ll certainly be out until the new year. Kyle Edwards went for a scan last week and is looking at similar. If that’s confirmed then that’s frustrating for all of us. At the same time you can’t just blame bad luck and move on hoping it doesn’t happen again. We are blessed with a very knowledgeable and very honest staff and we will meet this afternoon as a group to look at a few things."

Two players being injured within 45 minutes of their return to the first team is not a good look for the medical staff.......
While it might not be a good look, if they followed all the correct processes then it's just bad luck. If all the tests were showing they were both fit to return and both players reported no issues then it's a difficult one.

You can tell that Des is at least thinking it (although he seems too nice to say it directly):

“He [Browne] will go for a scan today but he’ll certainly be out until the new year. Kyle Edwards went for a scan last week and is looking at similar. If that’s confirmed then that’s frustrating for all of us. At the same time you can’t just blame bad luck and move on hoping it doesn’t happen again. We are blessed with a very knowledgeable and very honest staff and we will meet this afternoon as a group to look at a few things."

Two players being injured within 45 minutes of their return to the first team is not a good look for the medical staff.......
Could that statement be any more of a contrast to the old KR ones?! Everything was bad luck back then.

Are there any decent out of contract left wingers..?

While it might not be a good look, if they followed all the correct processes then it's just bad luck. If all the tests were showing they were both fit to return and both players reported no issues then it's a difficult one.
Ordinarily I'd agree, but Browne is a complete crock, and him being injured is not bad luck, it's the norm.

Edwards is also very injury prone, and has only played about 100 games in 8 years.

Both awesome players when fit, but they're not very often fit.

This isn't bad luck, and it's not poor performance from the medical department, it's poor recruitment.

Given we have bought in a left back - could we play Leigh higher up when he is back fit? Obviously we have a few other options but just wondered if that bringing left back cover in is not just solely to cover for Leigh but also to potentially enable him to play higher up the pitch…just thinking out loud.

Whilst very few of us in the stands are physios, there was quite a lot of consternation about Browne coming on on such a cold afternoon after such a long layoff. I do feel vey sorry for Browne, but can't help thinking that with his injury record almost *any* time we get from him fit and on the pitch is some kind of bonus. The whole 'if we can get him fit...' malarkey is a hangover from the KR days, and the quicker we go back to signing basically fit players who are much more likely to be able to contribute throughout a season the better - I would rather have a 7/10 player who we envisage can play 40 games a season than a 9/10 player we are likely to struggle to get 10 out of.

Brown's injury on Saturday is on the other leg.

Obviously I'm not a physio, but I can't see that anyone could predict a completely unrelated injury the first time he runs out.

Brown's injury on Saturday is on the other leg.

Obviously I'm not a physio, but I can't see that anyone could predict a completely unrelated injury the first time he runs out.
I think it’s quite common for players to pick up injuries in other areas when they come back from long spells out, it’s to do with the body becoming unbalanced and subconsciously people overcompensate to protect the injured area and change gait etc. Sometimes a lot of gym work on a certain area, muscle or group of muscles can lead to another area being neglected or becoming proportionally weaker as well.

The real question is whether this could have been avoided had Browne spent another week, or few weeks, slowly upping the intensity in training, but I guess we’ll never know that.

I think it’s quite common for players to pick up injuries in other areas when they come back from long spells out, it’s to do with the body becoming unbalanced and subconsciously people overcompensate to protect the injured area and change gait etc. Sometimes a lot of gym work on a certain area, muscle or group of muscles can lead to another area being neglected or becoming proportionally weaker as well.

The real question is whether this could have been avoided had Browne spent another week, or few weeks, slowly upping the intensity in training, but I guess we’ll never know that.
A good gym routine would have worked on the other parts of the body at the same time as the injured section, I'd be shocked if his rehab didn't work on symmetry. There would have been monitoring during training also to assess any overcompensations and gait changes. The problem, however, is until you load the muscles at a high level (such as in a game), you are never really sure what is going to happen.

It was odd to play Browne in a match where he wasn’t really needed. We’ve still got three good wingers in Mills, Murphy, and Tyler and will have to ration them and maybe play Harris wide. GOD or Perkins will have to step up.
Good luck with that, both struggle to score goals, harsh but true

Good luck with that, both struggle to score goals, harsh but true
It's about redeploying our resources to fill gaps - Harris hasn't worked out as centre forward but might be effective on the right. We could play Bodin as cf if you're unwilling to risk the youth.

Let's not forget that Bodin's game time needs to be managed as well. He picks up injuries every season and playing him as a loan striker twice a week is asking for trouble. We're not in a good place at the moment in terms of squad cover for forward positions.

As it's quite common, I'd have thought our backroom team would be well aware of the risk.

I thought that went without saying.

As it's quite common, I'd have thought our backroom team would be well aware of the risk.

I thought that went without saying.
Well, Des doesn’t seem entirely happy with them, or the situation, by his comments…

Back
Top Bottom