Luke Garbutt

First of all welcome Luke Garbutt I hope you do well for us and we challenge for
promotion this season.
Next the gulf between the Premier and the rest means that the only way to get quality players is to loan them or buy them from the league below.
There are very few players like Roofe and Ledson who will take a huge wage cut and then go on and prove themselves
If Liuke Garbutt is on 27500 then he isn't going to go anywhere until his contract runs out. When it does he is likely to go to a Championship club but not on that salary.
The fault lies with Premier clubs offering way too much to players who are not likely to make the first team.The same applies to Kane who was here last season.I believe Chelsea have 60 players out on loan.This is getting ridiculous
Fair play to those who want to drop down because they want to play but when you are on such a high salary that is a difficult decision to make.

Welcome to the mighty Yellows Luke. Good luck and I hope you enjoy yourself here so much that you want to stay with us next season in the Championship.

Now where's that positive bus?

You need to read some comments on here that seem sensible.
As Brassmonkey says the reason is obviously as the quality is better than we could otherwise afford.
And Shrewsbury kept all of their loanees last season.

Thanks for that. Like you I will post as I see fit.

Seeing Peterborough and Plymouth bring in 10+ players each within the first month had me worried. They seemed to be getting a real headstart on the rest of the league.

While we're going to have some future new players with a less-than-optimal preseason due to coming in after Ireland, the quality of the guys we're waiting for gives me hope. When we get people in, they're the right people. And the staff framework and training/youth infrastructure is seriously exciting.

Seeing Peterborough and Plymouth bring in 10+ players each within the first month had me worried. They seemed to be getting a real headstart on the rest of the league.

While we're going to have some future new players with a less-than-optimal preseason due to coming in after Ireland, the quality of the guys we're waiting for gives me hope. When we get people in, they're the right people. And the staff framework and training/youth infrastructure is seriously exciting.

Tbf, one of Plymouth's signings was Ashley Smith-Brown hence that stopped any worrying.

Peterborough's signings definitely look more impressive than Plymouth's but Fatty McCheat does like hoarding players so expect another 10+ from them.

Tbf, one of Plymouth's signings was Ashley Smith-Brown hence that stopped any worrying.

Peterborough's signings definitely look more impressive than Plymouth's but Fatty McCheat does like hoarding players so expect another 10+ from them.

Jeez they actually signed him! Not just a loan!

Not necessarily true. Shrewsbury had 5 season long loan last season and none were recalled.
It probably is what loan contract is put together, you might be able to take a punt and go the whole season which i hope we have or the xmas window that might work for both parties if it wasn't working.
I believe after what happened last year with recalls they are not going to make the same mistake again.

The better players are harder to get especially sort after strikers, but at least their doing pre season at their current clubs.

Ashley Smith-Brown wonder what the prohibitive fee must have been.
He was one of the most disappointing loan players I’ve ever seen and have to say I can’t remember him having any good games for us.
The reason Chelsea loan out so many players is it’s a business. Not many of those players will make it in the higher leagues. I’ve often seen Chelsea U21 players at Aldershot and thought how good they are, only to be told none of them will get taken on and will be loaned out.