Luke Garbutt

I will make it easy for you, then. Which of these statements do you disagree with.

1. A club of our size and budget has to use the loan market

2. Using said loan market assists a club of our size and budget to be financially prudent

3. Garbutt is a good player

4. Baldock and Payne were both recalled from season-long loans

5. You’re getting your knickerbockers twisted because you’re being schooled by OxBible
oh! lets try and be patronising, how big of you..

Such generic terminology to try and get you off the hook.

1, what is the size of our budget?
2, how do you know we have not tried to buy any of the loan players?
3, who said he wasn't?
4, they were from seasons past, do you know if there is a recall clause this season or not on loans ?
5, strange comment as I believe he/she is from twitter not something I contribute too, I would say if I did know any of that info I would judge whether it was harmful or helpful to the club before putting anything out via social media.

PS, long gone are the days of your mate chaz feeding out info to people like me back in the day, I do wonder now what the aim was !!

oh! lets try and be patronising, how big of you..

Such generic terminology to try and get you off the hook.

1, what is the size of our budget?
2, how do you know we have not tried to buy any of the loan players?
3, who said he wasn't?
4, they were from seasons past, do you know if there is a recall clause this season or not on loans ?
5, strange comment as I believe he/she is from twitter not something I contribute too, I would say if I did know any of that info I would judge whether it was harmful or helpful to the club before putting anything out via social media.

PS, long gone are the days of your mate chaz feeding out info to people like me back in the day, I do wonder now what the aim was !!

Well if you refuse to read back posts having been called out it’s difficult not to patronise

I’ll say again. The loan players are good players and the deals make perfect financial/football sense even if there is a risk they could be recalled. But no doubt Kr will have a contingency. Or maybe he shouldn’t according to you?

Now, twist that to be perceived as an attack on the club.

Perhaps in future it might be wise to recognise that some posters don’t blindly stick to one view or the other.

Well if you refuse to read back posts having been called out it’s difficult not to patronise

I’ll say again. The loan players are good players and the deals make perfect financial/football sense even if there is a risk they could be recalled. But no doubt Kr will have a contingency. Or maybe he shouldn’t according to you?

Perhaps in future it might be wise to recognise that some posters don’t blindly stick to one view or the other.
Why bother replying if you can't answer the questions raised?

Guys, can we stop now? There's no actual progress being made here. You both even seem to be on the same side now, and are still throwing unnecessary jabs.

Because they’re irrelevant in the context. You have managed to take offence from a ‘positive’ post because of breathtaking insecurity or some bizarre grudge. I’ll answer them if you want based on what my opinion is but no doubt you’ll infer some sort of sleight

Guys, can we stop now? There's no actual progress being made here. You both even seem to be on the same side now, and are still throwing unnecessary jabs.

We were on the same side from the start but for whatever reason this poster seems intent on judging others by their username and previous posts rather than the content of current ones. And he’s been called on it.

It’s part of a wider issue on this forum. Anyone who dares not suck on the party line is and forms their own opinion, is eventually, denigrated and abused by a small number of posters who can’t wait to jump on them. Even if they’re being positive this positivity is seen as some sort of veiled dig. When actually it’s common sense.

We were on the same side from the start but for whatever reason this poster seems intent on judging others by their username and previous posts rather than the content of current ones. And he’s been called on it.

It’s part of a wider issue on this forum. Anyone who dares not suck on the party line is and forms their own opinion, is eventually, denigrated and abused by a small number of posters who can’t wait to jump on them. Even if they’re being positive this positivity is seen as some sort of veiled dig. When actually it’s common sense.

I agree with you to an extent. But it's much easier to call people out on taking unnecessary shots if you step back and just call them out plainly, without any defensive digs thrown in.

The landscape on this forum has mirrored the global politics lately. People either skewing extremely negative or positive with their opinions, and twisting club news to fit their perspective. Not many are just taking things at face value, happy to have each individual signing that comes through the door, while still hoping for more before the window ends.

Seems a bit silly to have so much anger before the transfer window has ended. But that's the off season for you, I guess! Nothing to do but drum our fingers on the table and wait for a ball to be kicked.

Because they’re irrelevant in the context. You have managed to take offence from a ‘positive’ post because of breathtaking insecurity or some bizarre grudge. I’ll answer them if you want based on what my opinion is but no doubt you’ll infer some sort of sleight
I suppose one line out of five is a positive post from you, it's your continuing sniping at anything to do with the club that irks readers.
Both ‘sides’ to this debate have relevant points and neither should be dismissed

Garbutt is a very good player. He should be excellent. And it’s a coup.
positive well done you.

But there is a risk we lose him in Jan - as well as Samir and the other loan deal we’re waiting on - which could destabilise.
negative as I asked you, do you know the deal of any loan.

You pays your monies you take your choice
why write that?

A club of our stature - and budget - doesn’t really have many options.
negative how do you know?

We can’t go out and spend big on a full back. And, frankly. I’m quite pleased we’re not because financial sense should still hold sway

You have write this in typical jorno speak, squeeze the positive in but leave what you want to get across at the end.

It's a forum, you either take it or leave it, some take it too serious some not who cares anyway..

Agree. Could do without the bickering as I think both agree that it is a good signing??

Sorry to go completely ‘off topic’!!.? Has anyone seen Luke Garbutt (our new loan signing) play yet?
How good a signing is he?

Taken off today and replaced by Ruffles. Garbutt clearly hasn’t been good enough.

Could we return him and loan a new left back before the loan window closes?

Taken off today and replaced by Ruffles. Garbutt clearly hasn’t been good enough.

Could we return him and loan a new left back before the loan window closes?
Er almost certainly not