Luke Garbutt

To make it interesting they have Ian Mcguickin waiting at the 75 metre mark, it's still anybody's race.
The pace of the race is such that they have actually been overtaken by time itself.

Last seen in struggling in 1998.

Ashley Smith-Brown wonder what the prohibitive fee must have been.
He was one of the most disappointing loan players I’ve ever seen and have to say I can’t remember him having any good games for us.

Watch him score a 90th minute winner against us this season now!

Watch him score a 90th minute winner against us this season now!

That'll only happen if he forgets both teams' have changed ends at half time whilst simultaneously being unable to get out of way of the ball from somebody's shot/cross/clearance (delete as applicable).

Last edited:
Both ‘sides’ to this debate have relevant points and neither should be dismissed

Garbutt is a very good player. He should be excellent. And it’s a coup.

But there is a risk we lose him in Jan - as well as Samir and the other loan deal we’re waiting on - which could destabilise.

You pays your monies you take your choice

A club of our stature - and budget - doesn’t really have many options.

We can’t go out and spend big on a full back. And, frankly. I’m quite pleased we’re not because financial sense should still hold sway

Both ‘sides’ to this debate have relevant points and neither should be dismissed

But there is a risk we lose him in Jan - as well as Samir and the other loan deal we’re waiting on - which could destabilise.

We can’t go out and spend big on a full back. And, frankly. I’m quite pleased we’re not because financial sense should still hold sway

Those players weve lost in January most recently -

Baldock - wanted to stay, went straight into the Mk Dons team
Graham - Returned to Wolves - won several MOTM returning back to the squad before doing his knee
Payne - clearly some unrest with Clotet...possibly Huddersfield wanted better football for him

Create the right environment where the players want to stay and in the case of Garbutt especially, if we are pushing the top of the table, playing decent football and he is enjoying it, why would Everton recall? Is he realistically going to go straight in to the first team from 5month of possibly decent performances in League 1?

Is there a risk we will lose any loan players at Xmas,
You keep peddling out the same old stuff you and your mate chaz contrived.

Give Tiger some credit I think he knows the game better than you and has the resources and know how to take this club forward.

Everton may not recall to use themselves but as with payne another club (championship) may seek his services .
we keep leaving ourselves open to this scenario. What's wrong with building a squad of "our" players?

Everton may not recall to use themselves but as with payne another club (championship) may seek his services .
we keep leaving ourselves open to this scenario. What's wrong with building a squad of "our" players?

That when we created a squad of ‘our’ players we ended up with last years crop.

Would you prefer Garbutt for a minimum of 5/6 months, potentially the season...a player who is clearly very good at this level...or a player that is ‘ours’ but of a lesser quality?

Absolutely quality signing. I am so pleased we've got someone like Garbutt, he is far better than this division and the signing is testament to Karl, Tiger and the player. Everton really do like us turning these kids into quality ready-to-go league players.

With him and Carruthers to date, we're making some seriously impressive signings. More to come folks.

It's not though, it's a testament to Eales and MAPP for putting that transfer strategy into place, securing the early targets (especially Everton contingent) and developing them so that they have furthered their careers. It's reasonable to assume a primary factor in him coming here rather than elsewhere was references from his pals that played under MAPP. Everton, to all intents and purposes, are looking to offload Garbutt rather than us develop him into a PL left-back at 25 years old. I guess it does show an optimistic transfer policy under the current regime, I'll give you that.

Otherwise fully agree he's a quality signing at L1 - along with Carruthers (KR does deserve credit there).

Curtis Nelsons little brother is on love island, and binned off his girl for a more glamorous one a few days back, she then shacked up with another bloke a couple of days later (She is the Jefferson Louis of the show).

I was only watching the show as my missus watched it, but Nelsons little bro being in it has made it more interesting.

Thanks for filling me in. That story is somewhat akin to a Shakespearean play.

Top top signing, rated him highly ever since the games he played for Cheltenham against us.

Is there a risk we will lose any loan players at Xmas,
You keep peddling out the same old stuff you and your mate chaz contrived.

Give Tiger some credit I think he knows the game better than you and has the resources and know how to take this club forward.

Of course there is a risk. Might be tiny. Might be significant.
I’m impressed, however, that you’ve managed to turn a post in which I was praising the club for its dealings to fit your agenda. Well done

Of course there is a risk. Might be tiny. Might be significant.
I’m impressed, however, that you’ve managed to turn a post in which I was praising the club for its dealings to fit your agenda. Well done
Same old nondescript answer, Can you not just trust the club, management and Tiger to sort out the way forward as they view it, your constant chirping away at the club casting doubt at every turn is not that of a supporter more of a critic, football is never easy or straightforward but give credit these people know just a little more than you and are managing the situations as they see fit.
If we haven’t got the players in by the season kick off don’t worry there will be a queue of doubters to hold your hand.

Same old nondescript answer, Can you not just trust the club, management and Tiger to sort out the way forward as they view it, your constant chirping away at the club casting doubt at every turn is not that of a supporter more of a critic, football is never easy or straightforward but give credit these people know just a little more than you and are managing the situations as they see fit.
If we haven’t got the players in by the season kick off don’t worry there will be a queue of doubters to hold your hand.

Nonsense. Why don’t you go and read my post again. You know, the one which says he’s a good player and a good signing

Nonsense. Why don’t you go and read my post again. You know, the one which says he’s a good player and a good signing
I haven’t got the time or inclination to scroll through your posts to try and find one with some faint praise amoungst all the dross.

I haven’t got the time or inclination to scroll through your posts to try and find one with some faint praise amoungst all the dross.

I will make it easy for you, then. Which of these statements do you disagree with.

1. A club of our size and budget has to use the loan market

2. Using said loan market assists a club of our size and budget to be financially prudent

3. Garbutt is a good player

4. Baldock and Payne were both recalled from season-long loans

5. You’re getting your knickerbockers twisted because you’re being schooled by OxBible