Luke Garbutt

Quality player; one I pinpointed as an (unrealistic) target a few months back.

I'm not getting too carried away here, as it has 'Jack Payne' written all over it. He performs well, he's off at Christmas. End of. Shame we couldn't get permanent, with a view to signing, or with some kind of guarantee he'd stay the entire season - I might be wrong but I haven't read that anywhere.

Also, thanks should go to MAPP on this one, as undoubtedly he's here on the recommendation/evidence of Lunny, Ledson and JJK.

That’s not why Payne left

Absolutely quality signing. I am so pleased we've got someone like Garbutt, he is far better than this division and the signing is testament to Karl, Tiger and the player. Everton really do like us turning these kids into quality ready-to-go league players.

With him and Carruthers to date, we're making some seriously impressive signings. More to come folks.

Cor, this is shaping up alright isn't it. That back line's going to be fantastic, plenty of quality there. Slowly, slowly..

Very positive signing. Assume we're sorted in defence now (as long as Nelson doesn't go anywhere)!

Now just for some strikers and wingers!

I would like to think that Curtis Nelson has learnt something from his younger brother about the perils of moving to supposedly greener grass in the last few days, nice of ITV2 to televise it for us.

According to Football Manager he’s on 28k a week, wonder how much we’re paying?
Not much. Cant see it being more then 15%. Which worries me as Everton could easily recall if they get a better offer to pay wages.

I'm not sure I follow

Curtis Nelsons little brother is on love island, and binned off his girl for a more glamorous one a few days back, she then shacked up with another bloke a couple of days later (She is the Jefferson Louis of the show).

I was only watching the show as my missus watched it, but Nelsons little bro being in it has made it more interesting.

According to Football Manager he’s on 28k a week, wonder how much we’re paying?
Not much. Cant see it being more then 15%. Which worries me as Everton could easily recall if they get a better offer to pay wages.

See I don’t buy that. If Everton had wanted more money, higher wages or him to get championship football they would have done that now, the player said he had more lucrative offers. He choose to come here to get games, if he had wanted higher level he would have taken one of the other offers. He’s not close to the first team, so very u likely to be recalled to play like baldock. He is he first choice of the manager, so unlikely to want to move like Payne. The only risk for me is if he does really well and someone higher offers to buy him. But then that means we’ve been doing really well and had a much better lb than we would otherwise have been able to afford for 6months