Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
After last week I can't quite understand why following another, even worse performance amd result that he wasn't sent packing straight away, whoever takes caretaker charge needs every hour they can get to figure out how to avoid relegation with this woeful squad

Im ashamed of those in our fan base who can't manage their own short term expectations and scapegoat the manager. How quickly they forget the last 3 great seasons where 100 goals+ was almost record breaking. Why lay ALL the blame at the manager and not the players? Taylor? - the biggest piece of the jigsaw to our lack of goals, Henry? - looked finished - Brown? -an absolute shadow of last year. Cam? - 60% the player and no one fit long enough to score goals. They are ALL accountable.

So when your best players and goal sources don't turn up who's to blame? Personally I dont want a risky new manager who is under direction to consolidate mid table security for 10 years before we push. I may be dead before I see Championship. The board have seen enough near misses under KR to believe. But the current squad have just not given! I blame them not the manager but I think the coaching team needs completely changing, We have been worse than awful at converting set pieces and conceding simple goals for years so I don't know what they are doing? They need to go. Some creative options on free-kicks and corners from a suit would be better than "training" with track-suited dead heads

We need to get a sports psychologist in quickly but at the end of this year we begin again with a whole load of different soup ingredients and I think KR has got it right 3/4 and got to be backed? Just my POV. It should never get divisive or abusive, Steve f*****g Bruce I hope not Appleton? - If everyone in the squad IS "totally united" then don't change anything. 12 games left - new manager = bingo with this lot - it is ugly this year but we need to start supporting the team and stop the negative B*****s, It may get us the odd point to safely keep the wolf from the door

And relegation? No - needs a couple of days away, chat it through, positive positive positive and try and get 11 to turn up on Match day. then we have more than enough. No manager can ever win if on Match day 3-5 players simply don't turn up. Not many players in this squad have done themselves justice this year or deserved to wear the shirt. Think about that if you are the under-critic manager.

He refuses to blame them - blind loyalty? - If only he was blonde with big tits. We would all still love him

Military strategy : When under attack unite together - Gloria Exercitus
Interesting post Falmouth Ox, you’re wrong but it’s interesting and I respect you’re point of view, please let me know what you’ve been drinking as I’d like some.

Interesting comment you end with, saying if he was blonde with big tits we’d all love him. He is a bit blonde and has got big tits when he puffs his chest out, but most of us now loathe him

One of the biggest worries for me is how long it's taking to sack him.

The structure and decision making at board level is arduous to say the least, what timeframe can we expect from them to conduct a shortlist, interview process and finally identify and recruit a new manager?

Will TW be telling us he can't make the final decision and we're still waiting on the panel of 5 to agree?
You'd hope some work has already started to this end if there was some sort of epiphany last week and dismissal started becoming a reality.

How much I trust that process will have started I'm not so sure. Probably something you would want your Head of Recruitment advising on...

If the process has started, how much do we trust an accountant and folk that hardly make it over to make a *sensible* League One appointment. With that in mind, I think they will stick with what they know (someone from within the club/Fowler/Tiger contact/Tevreden client).

We’re going to go for a long walk tomorrow and I’m leaving my phone at home!

We’ve discussed other things to do - together -rather than me waste my time on this s**t on Saturdays. I’m even considering salsa dancing 😁

It's only the Oxford united of this year that has made me not want to attend and when I do attend ruins my weekend as it pisses me off. I watch other football on TV and go to the occasional Ox city game where I can enjoy the beautiful game regardless of the result.

Also good to have other hobbies though than just following United.

Does anyone think he won’t be sacked now? Not that he shouldn’t be, but that they will still plod on with him?

Because if he doesn’t go after this then I have a feeling he is here till the end of his contract let alone the season.
Well the longer the inaction of the board continues then yes it looks like no matter how poor the results are the board won’t move.
Some have suggested that the board can’t afford to sack him due to FFP then surley by the same token we should be able to sack him on the basis of gross misconduct due to his P**s poor performance

It's only the Oxford united of this year that has made me not want to attend and when I do attend ruins my weekend as it pisses me off. I watch other football on TV and go to the occasional Ox city game where I can enjoy the beautiful game regardless of the result.

Also good to have other hobbies though than just following United.
The club is losing its fan base. What a great job this new ‘CEO’ is doing…

Does anyone think he won’t be sacked now? Not that he shouldn’t be, but that they will still plod on with him?

Because if he doesn’t go after this then I have a feeling he is here till the end of his contract let alone the season.
There’s apparently a post by someone on FB saying he was recently given an extended contract until 2025. I haven’t seen it myself but I’ve been told about it so obviously don’t know if it’s true. All I can say is the person who told me knows the person who posted it, says he’s close to the club and was told by a ‘club insider’ 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edit: He says it was triggered by us finishing in the top 10 last season apparently

Tim and co seem to have absolutely no idea what they’re doing and are under the impression that they can run a football club on blind hope

It was even at the Ipswich win you thought how the hell did we far away with that. KR says we’ve been unlucky and I’m thinking …. Nope we’ve been lucky we should have been tinkled by more in most of the games since then.

Has to be gone by Monday morning.

it’s just such a clusterfuck of a season. One that we started so poorly. We never really got going with this lop sided, ill thought out and light squad.
‘Judge me when all our players are fit!’ He said, well, sorry Karl, we’ll be in League 2 long before then.
We still have hope that someone can come in and get this team into some kind of winning shape to save us from relegation but for Karl, he has repeatedly proved that it is beyond him.
The players know it, the fans know it and even poor Karl knows it… The only one who seems to not see it is Timmy.

You'd hope some work has already started to this end if there was some sort of epiphany last week and dismissal started becoming a reality.

How much I trust that process will have started I'm not so sure. Probably something you would want your Head of Recruitment advising on...

If the process has started, how much do we trust an accountant and folk that hardly make it over to make a *sensible* League One appointment. With that in mind, I think they will stick with what they know (someone from within the club/Fowler/Tiger contact/Tevreden client).
Indeed.

Worrying that only two weeks ago Williams was talking about not needing to rush filling the Head of Recruitment (despite it being known for months that our former role holder was off).

Worrying that there appears to have been no succession planning for a short-term Head Coach, despite us being on one of our worst ever runs of bad form, and that being on the back of a dreadful 12 months.

Worrying that sensible friends of the club have gently for many, many weeks been conveying messages that they are making a mistake in not taking action.

If Williams can’t see the writing on the wall for KR, he’s on another planet.

If he can and he can’t persuade the Board of this decision being long overdue, he should resign.

It genuinely feels like no one knows what they are doing. Insane.

No point even looking on here until later tomorrow or Monday. We know the board meet on Sunday morning ( it’s night time over there) and it’s their decision not Tim’s. Have a rest and look again later tomorrow or Monday.

Interesting post Falmouth Ox, you’re wrong but it’s interesting and I respect you’re point of view, please let me know what you’ve been drinking as I’d like some.

Interesting comment you end with, saying if he was blonde with big tits we’d all love him. He is a bit blonde and has got big tits when he puffs his chest out, but most of us now loathe him
Falmouth Ox. Blame the squad, but it's his squad and for him to motivate. Maybe (just, possibly he's picked a bunch of crocks and past its) and can neither coach nor motivate them. Either way after nearly five years of mediocrity he's signed his own P45. Trust me I've been a fan, man and boy, for 70 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom