Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then it's up to them to tell him they are not sat there to listen to a re-hash of the FMFF but want real unpoliticised answers.

interesting- alternative to most on here too- view re KR as manager in todays OM letters page ....

View attachment 12265
My first girlfriend gave me some pleasure from time to time - doesn’t mean she was or is the right woman for next season.

Using the partner analogy, I guess Karl is the perfect partner if you are into masochism. Mostly pain and just a little bit of pleasure.

Last edited:
Those who suggest that Robinson will be gone with a defeat tomorrow are wrong. I honestly think that the board will do everything possible to avoid making a change until the summer. The only things that will change that are if the players lose faith in Robinson (I won't reopen the "lost dressing room" stuff) or if Robinson throws his hands up and says enough us enough (he won't resign but a leaving by mutual agreement deal).

I'm not saying this to wind people up, but because I genuinely believe this to be the case.

The best thing for the club right now is to get a win tomorrow to stop the rot and give us a little more breathing space. It won't make Robinsons position anymore secure, but it will be a vital step in our hopes of staying up.

Those who suggest that Robinson will be gone with a defeat tomorrow are wrong. I honestly think that the board will do everything possible to avoid making a change until the summer. The only things that will change that are if the players lose faith in Robinson (I won't reopen the "lost dressing room" stuff) or if Robinson throws his hands up and says enough us enough (he won't resign but a leaving by mutual agreement deal).

I'm not saying this to wind people up, but because I genuinely believe this to be the case.

The best thing for the club right now is to get a win tomorrow to stop the rot and give us a little more breathing space. It won't make Robinsons position anymore secure, but it will be a vital step in our hopes of staying up.
You may well be right, lose tomorrow and he still won’t be gone. If that’s the case the club would need to engage with supporters exactly why and who says he stays, because it would be unacceptable to the vast majority of the fan base.

I’ve put that politely because many of us can’t take much more of what’s happening and being allowed to happen on the pitch.

As u say let’s hope we win and can actually enjoy a Saturday for once in a while.

I don't completely disagree with you but say we get tanked tomorrow or carry on losing like we are for the next few weeks then that will really test the resolve of the board, I think they believe that we will have a turnaround in fortunes soon enough to get us safe and take the pressure off, might happen, might not though as we don't look like scoring enough to negate our concede at least once a game, having a problem at both ends of the pitch can lead to long runs of bad results.

Not certain the players should get as big a say in this as Williams is giving them either, they are a squad who have performed badly all season, bad enough when a squad tries to influence the position of a manager at a club when they are good and doing well, its a bit weird when they are poor and really struggling.

Not so sure that the guys going today will get anything more than the FMFF stock answers/obfuscations but good luck to all of you.
When it all boils down, It is our club after all, we, the customers and them, the custodians!!😏
Wanna bet the drone will be bought out and analysis shown - what won’t be seen is how much attention Robinson pays to that when no one is visiting.

Kr hasn't had a yellow card for a while - maybe he's due one tomorrow :unsure:

I can just picture it...we're a goal down. A couple of poor decisions go against us (nailed on). Barton is on a massive wind up (also nailed on) and as the game ebbs away, KR loses his s**t with the 4th official and gets carded.

You may well be right, lose tomorrow and he still won’t be gone. If that’s the case the club would need to engage with supporters exactly why and who says he stays, because it would be unacceptable to the vast majority of the fan base.

I’ve put that politely because many of us can’t take much more of what’s happening and being allowed to happen on the pitch.

As u say let’s hope we win and can actually enjoy a Saturday for once in a while.

Those questions were put to TW yesterday and we got the answers we did. I can't see that changing.

@holdsteady - I'm not suggesting that the players have, or should have, any greater say that at any other club. But "losing the dressing" is often used as a reason to want a manager gone, or justify his leaving. Its why you often see a new manager bounce in performances and results with the new manager getting more from the players than the old did. I'm not sure that the board feel that a change of manager will significantly change our performances or results and that is why no change will happen.

Personally, I think that is a very dangerous game.

Change the manager last October or last month and get relegated? The board acted but unfortunately the infrastructure they inherited was worse than they realised and a rebuild is under way. Most fans would be unhappy but accept their position.

Change the manager tomorrow, next week, end of March and get relegated? That is then on the board for not acting sooner and allowing this to happen.

Those questions were put to TW yesterday and we got the answers we did. I can't see that changing.

@holdsteady - I'm not suggesting that the players have, or should have, any greater say that at any other club. But "losing the dressing" is often used as a reason to want a manager gone, or justify his leaving. Its why you often see a new manager bounce in performances and results with the new manager getting more from the players than the old did. I'm not sure that the board feel that a change of manager will significantly change our performances or results and that is why no change will happen.

Personally, I think that is a very dangerous game.

Change the manager last October or last month and get relegated? The board acted but unfortunately the infrastructure they inherited was worse than they realised and a rebuild is under way. Most fans would be unhappy but accept their position.

Change the manager tomorrow, next week, end of March and get relegated? That is then on the board for not acting sooner and allowing this to happen.

I get what you mean, but perhaps that having the changing room behind him is being overplayed as a reason to keep him, its not getting the results we need so its not really worth anything much.

Bit worrying if the board are keeping him in place due to worrying about getting stick for doing it to late as well, they will get that whatever they do unless we win every game so no reason for inaction, think they need to make decisions on their own merit rather than worry about outside voices.

Right… so this quote comes from todays OM. Karl talking about his relationship with Joey Barton…

“I’ve known Joey since we were kids, I’ve known Joey before what other people assume as Marmite,” said Robinson.

I’ve read it several times now… Anybody..? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Right… so this quote comes from todays OM. Karl talking about his relationship with Joey Barton…

“I’ve known Joey since we were kids, I’ve known Joey before what other people assume as Marmite,” said Robinson.

I’ve read it several times now… Anybody..? 🤷🏻‍♂️
He wants us to throw jars of marmite at him tomorrow?

I like Marmite but not Barton we owe him one .Come on Karl if you can't motivate them for this one we are in for a desperate time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom