Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The majority of clubs employees stay there long term, look at some of our club employees, PRB, Chris Williams, LBS, Mick Brown... these people have been at the club donkey's years

Yeah, but I thought we were talking about losing the dressing room, players and playing staff...

Do I believe what I'm told?

I do when it comes from within the club.
As long as you are aware that you are the unofficial mouthpiece for the club, they are fully aware that what you get told ends up on here. The information you get fed can be true and it can be total rubbish, which has been shown to be the case a number of times. Whether true or false each snippet of information you hear inevitably shows the club in a positive stance and that is really no coincidence.

All of this about whether Robinson is liked is utterly irrelevant, it's a smoke screen to protect the guy, I don't care if he's liked, nor should the club (to a point), we should care if he gets results in line with expectations, and he is failing at that quite spectacularly.

Football is not a popularity contest

Well I can certainly agree with this 100%!

I think professional pride kicks in though.

Difference between trying & players looking bewildered with tactics & substitutions.

I’ve been very harsh on Murphy since the summer but you have to feel sympathy when his manager is calling him ‘The best player in League One’ then playing him at right wing back.

I guess we'll never know on the first point realistically.

The players have every right to look bewildered with tactics and substitutions for sure!

Do I believe what I'm told?

I do when it comes from within the club. The same people who said that Robinson wasn't being sacked when some on here was saying that he was gone Saturday evening, Sunday and Monday morning. The same people who said that Robinson has some time away with his daughter that was booked AFTER an arranged rest day on Monday (that is often scheduled onto away games to allow players to travel home to wider family) when several were saying that KR had gone to Spain/Thailand or a romantic break etc, and abandoned the club.

And no one has to believe what I've posted. There's an opportunity for some to ask TW, and/or KR tomorrow.
So everything you were told about the transfer window didn’t come from within the club? But now suddenly this does?

I honestly don’t mean to be picky but there’s a bit of a disconnect here?

Guesswork re Robbo not being sacked as that was obvious, and people on here posted about the trip away and then it being Paris, so I suspect you weren’t told anything at all directly. I’d love to know who your source within the club is. Is it Jack Anory?

Maybe someone should ask why there are so many leaks from within the club?

So everything you were told about the transfer window didn’t come from within the club? But now suddenly this does?

I honestly don’t mean to be picky but there’s a bit of a disconnect here?

Guesswork re Robbo not being sacked as that was obvious, and people on here posted about the trip away and then it being Paris, so I suspect you weren’t told anything at all directly. I’d love to know who your source within the club is. Is it Jack Anory?

Could he do a job at right back?

If players were against the manager then they would happily tell an owner or a senior member of staff just what they thought. Footballers are selfish individuals and are more than happy to throw others under the bus.
What SE has said is true but I understand that it goes against the agenda that a small minority on here have against the manager.
Don’t agree with that, most people won’t want to rock the boat. Especially those sat on fantastic wages with time left on a contract. Like going to HR, not many people want to for fear of it getting back to the person they complained about.

Maybe someone should ask why there are so many leaks from within the club?
Apparently LBS loves a mean sh*t, plumbing has taken a battering, it wasn't cut out for this sort of abuse

Apparently LBS loves a mean sh*t, plumbing has taken a battering, it wasn't cut out for this sort of abuse
So that’s where scotch egg is getting the leaks from, the back room staff toilets

If everything is so great behind the scenes, why are we so poo?

Irrespective of how happy the players are, surely it’s the managers job to get the best out of them? Based on performances, I struggle to remember a single, decent, 90 minutes we have put together this season.

As someone who used to be employed by Oxford United, specifically in the media and communications department (working under the same person still in charge of it, no less) some of the stuff being said on this thread now would’ve made me absolutely hose myself back in the day.

As it is, it merely makes me put my head in my hands.

As long as you are aware that you are the unofficial mouthpiece for the club, they are fully aware that what you get told ends up on here. The information you get fed can be true and it can be total rubbish, which has been shown to be the case a number of times. Whether true or false each snippet of information you hear inevitably shows the club in a positive stance and that is really no coincidence.

Just what the SLO wants 😉

L
So which League One manager’s jobs do you think he’d “breeze into” then, Dick? Could you point him in that direction please?

Look, it's futile to suggest Robinson is not a good manager/coach at this level. You don't get to 700 games or whatever it is he's managed, almost exclusively at L1, unless you're a half decent and capable manager. I recently spoke to someone well connected to a first team player and was told that the said player (a Robinson signing) maintains that Robinson is right up there with the best he's experienced on the training field and attention to detail/preparation etc. One or two reservations about the personality of Robinson but said that it was more about his shooting from the hip as opposed to anything that would cause you to really dislike or hate the bloke.

Anyway, back to him as a manager and yes I think if he was fired tomorrow and wanted to get back in then he'd be back in work pretty quickly at this level. Hard to name clubs but he's stuck around for about 13 years, has bags of experience and would be ahead of a lot of novices you see being handed L1 jobs - Duncan Ferguson for a start. Robinson hasn't murdered anyone, he's had a poor season by his standards but that doesn't suddenly make him a useless, unwanted manager at a level he's operated pretty well at for a long time. If a team like Exeter, Rovers, Port Vale, that type of club were on the look out and he was available then he'd undoubtedly be in the boardroom conversation - in my opinion. In a season or two recently gone by there'd be no reason why he wouldn't be sought after towards the top end of L1 - as the Blackpool interest says.

He's done rubbish this season and I wouldn't be adverse to a change but to suggest he'd suddenly be unemployable somewhere in L1 is absolute rubbish - again, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom