Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was some player to be honest.
Gave everything for the cause, too. 'Sweat on the shirt' as Sean Dyche would say. Those who played that way have often made the best managers. Putting the money etc to one side and just playing like a competitor. The natural hunger to win is infectious and as long as it doesn't spill over in to aggression, it is gold dust in a dressing room. Would be a non-negotiable for me if I was choosing a manager.

Jerome Sale was just on Radio Oxford.
Apparently KR is on today at 2:15pm…….
Didn’t say if live or recorded.
Should be interesting if it’s live, and he’s already had a few holiday bevvies.

If he's live they best get Nathan to interview him.

Article in today's Guardian mentions Ainsworth as per sky sports above but also Shaun Derry and Wilder,

CEO’s and chairmen don’t get involved in days off. That is always down to the manager and staff to decide when they give players days off.
When on a run like we are managers will try the approach of making players come in Sundays and train and only give them the Wednesday off but that rarely works in my experience and the other tactic, which seems to of been done here, is tell the players to have a few days off away from the club, recharge and come back with a clearer mind. I’ve actually seen a team get told to go away after a 5th straight defeat and not come back in until the following Friday, they then won on the Saturday, went on a run and ended up staying up.

I actually think it is good that everyone has a few days away and have a chance to step back and look at what is going wrong.
In OUFC’s case I think they need a few months of

Especially considering his performance after Cambridge. I'll have to catch up with it when I get home and will follow the highlights here!

Robbie Fowler was in Thailand as recently as yesterday. At the Bangkok Glass game if anyone wants to take that link and go with it.

But the club doesn't have to sack him. Just tell him to stay away from the club and sort himself out until the Summer on full pay. And in the meantime get someone else to oversee the playing squad and hopefully it starts to bring back a bit of sense and belief. This doesn't need an immediate sacking and having to find £500K to pay him off straight away there are other ways it can be done. Clearly Robinson appears to be well liked by the owners otherwise he would have gone by now, so if it meant that they would find him another role at the football club after a period of gardening leave but not be in control of matchdays or training any more would the supporters have any appetite for that? I would go for it just to get him away from the players and not have any more influence on the team immediately if that is the only way it could be done even if there is still a bad smell in the background.

But the club doesn't have to sack him. Just tell him to stay away from the club and sort himself out until the Summer on full pay. And in the meantime get someone else to oversee the playing squad and hopefully it starts to bring back a bit of sense and belief. This doesn't need an immediate sacking and having to find £500K to pay him off straight away there are other ways it can be done. Clearly Robinson appears to be well liked by the owners otherwise he would have gone by now, so if it meant that they would find him another role at the football club after a period of gardening leave but not be in control of matchdays or training any more would the supporters have any appetite for that? I would go for it just to get him away from the players and not have any more influence on the team immediately if that is the only way it could be done even if there is still a bad smell in the background.
gardening leave it used to be called

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom