Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure what some people expect Robinson to say in post match interviews. He’s obviously in a difficult position, job security wise, so of course he’s going to be flowering it up the best he can. I think he’s been reasonably honest and open too but there’s a balance between publicly throwing under performing players under the bus while wanting them to then dig you out of the situation next week.

We were, by far, the better team yesterday even if I don’t necessarily agree with him that we were better than Barnsley on Wednesday. Anybody questioning the commitment of the players yesterday, as a caller on Radio Oxford suggested, is in my opinion absolutely clueless. The commitment was there, in all areas. Those players that just collapsed on the pitch at full time were drained, they’d given the lot effort wise. I saw no evidence yesterday of that team not playing for the manager.

It strikes me that a lot who want Robinson out are seeing things that just don’t exist. It looks a team bereft of confidence, that’s undeniable, but it’s not a team who have given up on their manager. I well remember the Luton game he referred to and particularly those couple of idiots who went right up to the dug out and hurled absolute dogs abuse at him at full time, it seems to me they’ve moved on up to SSU nowadays. It looks the same few who couldn’t wait to get to the front of SSU on Wednesday and yesterday to vent their anger. There was a fair bit of verbals flying between a few in SSL and SSU but at this point virtually everyone left in the ground were applauding the players off in recognition of what they’d given effort wise and that’s obviously where the confrontations stemmed from.

I’m not sure what some people expect Robinson to say in post match interviews. He’s obviously in a difficult position, job security wise, so of course he’s going to be flowering it up the best he can. I think he’s been reasonably honest and open too but there’s a balance between publicly throwing under performing players under the bus while wanting them to then dig you out of the situation next week.

We were, by far, the better team yesterday even if I don’t necessarily agree with him that we were better than Barnsley on Wednesday. Anybody questioning the commitment of the players yesterday, as a caller on Radio Oxford suggested, is in my opinion absolutely clueless. The commitment was there, in all areas. Those players that just collapsed on the pitch at full time were drained, they’d given the lot effort wise. I saw no evidence yesterday of that team not playing for the manager.

It strikes me that a lot who want Robinson out are seeing things that just don’t exist. It looks a team bereft of confidence, that’s undeniable, but it’s not a team who have given up on their manager. I well remember the Luton game he referred to and particularly those couple of idiots who went right up to the dug out and hurled absolute dogs abuse at him at full time, it seems to me they’ve moved on up to SSU nowadays. It looks the same few who couldn’t wait to get to the front of SSU on Wednesday and yesterday to vent their anger. There was a fair bit of verbals flying between a few in SSL and SSU but at this point virtually everyone left in the ground were applauding the players off in recognition of what they’d given effort wise and that’s obviously where the confrontations stemmed from.

Can you elaborate on what fans are seeing that don’t exist…

Agree with every word of this. But I’m also not sure that one unlucky loss changes anything, and especially when you consider how fortuitous out wins against Fleetwood and Ipswich were. But if we put in a similar level of performance and commitment against MK Dons, I’d be surprised if we didn’t get at least a point.

Completely agree that the players tried yesterday and actually played well but unfortunately we didn’t score but and it’s a big but,KR doesn’t do himself any good when the results haven’t been good but he will insist we played well and deserved better even in games that we’ve been totally overrun and out played but in his eyes we were the better team. When he says this kind of stuff he looks like he’s insane and can’t see what everyone else has seen. KR Creates so many of his own problems. He upsets so many by not admitting when we didn’t play so well , it’s not throwing players under the bus it’s just be transparent and honest

The Board & manager are completely sucking the life out of the fanbase at the moment. If they don’t do something about it soon then there is going to be a big problem sooner rather than later. This is just the tip of the iceberg, lose the next two & there will be louder discontent than there is already. It will be unbearable

Can you elaborate on what fans are seeing that don’t exist…

Yes. Lack of effort. When some fans, like the one I alluded to on the radio yesterday, say that the team aren’t putting a shift in, aren’t bothered, don’t care, aren’t trying. What a load of absolute nonsense that is. Those players gave every ounce yesterday and in the week, they were dead on their feet and when they trooped off they looked as gutted as a defeated footballer could look. Not in any form do I think they’ve given up on KR, they might not be good enough - and he has to accept culpability if that proves to be the case - but they are unquestionably still playing for him.

Agree completely that the players worked very hard yesterday and played better than of late, and yes we deserved better than the result.

However the crux of the matter is that yet again we failed to keep a clean sheet and at the other end failed to score. We always need to score at least 2 a game to win if not more and with the players we have it’s very unlikely. These facts are because we aren’t well enough organised and haven’t the sufficient types of players with the requisite quality.

These facts are mainly down to KR hence the dissatisfaction. Added to that, most weeks he has seen a different game to everyone else and treats supporters like fools in his pretence that we are always unlucky in his post match interviews. Maybe we were yesterday, but our points tally, goals scored and clean sheets kept throughout the season, along with our precarious league position show the real and true picture of a completely shambolic and wasted season

Last edited:
Did anyone actually see much of this? I can't believe that there are fans out there that have been so brainwashed by his sh*t that they'd actively defend him, especially after the dogs dinner we've been fed most Saturdays for the last 12 months.
I think it may have been when the players came round the pitch at the end. In the east stand there for instance I wasn’t sure what to do,applaud the players off for their efforts or boo KR. Hard to know what to do when he’s in the thick of it. A couple of fans were saying don’t boo the players but it’s hard when El supreme is in the middle of it.
A few players who were at the back Goodrham, Bate,Joseph and Brown were rightly applauded

Can‘t speak for North and South Stands

I think it may have been when the players came round the pitch at the end. In the east stand there for instance I wasn’t sure what to do,applaud the players off for their efforts or boo KR. Hard to know what to do when he’s in the thick of it. A couple of fans were saying don’t boo the players but it’s hard when El supreme is in the middle of it.
A few players who were at the back Goodrham, Bate,Joseph and Brown were rightly applauded

Can‘t speak for North and South Stands
I don't think it is 'hard to know what to do' . I certainly applauded and will for as long as I live. Yes I absolutely want Robinson gone but the players need to know we are 100 % behind them if we are going to get out of this mess.

I don't think it is 'hard to know what to do' . I certainly applauded and will for as long as I live. Yes I absolutely want Robinson gone but the players need to know we are 100 % behind them if we are going to get out of this mess.
So how do you show you are unhappy with KR then?
You and I would have been arguing by the sounds of it

But Karl is always supporting the players and it hasn’t got him far.

The Blackbird was noticeably quieter pre-match and I had a very efficient pee at half-time in the East Stand - no queuing required - people aren’t turning up in previous numbers.
Yep. I walked down from my seat to the bar in the east stand and was second in the queue. Normally already a huge queue. Definitely less people in there than usual

Is there another club where he would still be in his job? Almost a masochistic pride from the club and a few remaining fans in wanting him to show loyalty and hang the consequences. He seems to have taken priority over the actual club now, we as a club are now a vehicle for Karl Robinson it seems, I would rather have OUFC back.

That’s where he’s clever he hides behind the players, he knows we want to applaud them off,usually

Can’t agree with this I’m afraid.

My thoughts on the situation are written on here, but KR does always walk round and I don’t feel like he hangs back.

Lots of things to accuse him of, but he doesn’t duck this element.

Robinson’s post match interview was a political masterclass.

Protecting his players, ( he shouldn’t have, our captain lost us the game),

Praising the crowd for their support, (quietest I’ve ever heard them when we’ve been on top) .

Bigging up the board, ( who frankly don’t seem to have a clue what to do).

Taking responsibility for the defeat, ( but not self- critiquing his game management,substitutions being a mix of being both disastrous and too late.)

And finally, repeatedly comparing yesterday to a game that took place 4.5 years ago ,

( Which supporters can barely remember,)

Robinson has sheer front and in a way it was admirable. The way he saw Mous off as a rival was another master strike.

But in the real world, deluded rambling.. We’ve seen enough underperformance for enough games now; the man has run out of road.

Highly paid players who don’t give a toss,

No fight when we go behind.

A painfully laboured, predictable playing style.( God save me from another Brown long throw. )

Regularly losing to opposition who man for man are far inferior to our squad, ( look at yesterday as an eg),

Seriously spaffing up a highly competitive budget.

It’s a long charge sheet.

it’s only his self serving political acumen that’s kept him here this long. I’m tired of this crap.

Thankyou for the good times, on the whole you’ve been decent for the club, but your time is up Karl.

I reckon the persistent referencing to the Luton game in 2018 was pre planned in the event of another dismal defeat. Like a last bid for his own job to a board he hopes is gullible enough to fall for it.

I seriously doubt he would have conjured fhat up in the moment. Conceited, self-serving nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom