Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a completely fair and reasonable view to take.

I also think that a change is probably needed, but I don't buy into the anyone but Robinson thinking and hope that when the change comes it is with someone who is able to write the next chapter in our history. This has the potential to be the most important 3 or 4 years since the mid 80's and I guess that is why the board want to be sure that they get this decision absolutely right.

We've had some good times with Robinson, some great games and some exciting players. It hasn't got us the success that we all want, but it's not been a failure. We've had 3 of our highest league finishes in 25 years during a time when league 1 has become more competitive than ever before.

Some of the personal stuff and abuse has been unnecessary but I guess it's only a small number of posters but with hundreds of posts.
I’m on the same view point as you regarding Robinson. He will get moved on if he doesn’t turn things around and he is running out of time quickly. I have said it before and will say again, come end of the month, if we have had some wins he will be given more time, if we are still where we are then he will go.
I would also add that along with some great football and high scoring games, Robinson has actually made the standards of the club higher where we now see not making the play offs as a failure. Before he came in then the play offs were seen as a good season. Even when Appleton was here.
I also agree that it is getting very tiresome the same few repeating their point over and over again. We get it you don’t like Robinson but that doesn’t mean some are a bit more level headed when it comes to evaluating things. @Swaby39 is excellent at doing this.

That's a completely fair and reasonable view to take.

I also think that a change is probably needed, but I don't buy into the anyone but Robinson thinking and hope that when the change comes it is with someone who is able to write the next chapter in our history. This has the potential to be the most important 3 or 4 years since the mid 80's and I guess that is why the board want to be sure that they get this decision absolutely right.

We've had some good times with Robinson, some great games and some exciting players. It hasn't got us the success that we all want, but it's not been a failure. We've had 3 of our highest league finishes in 25 years during a time when league 1 has become more competitive than ever before.

Some of the personal stuff and abuse has been unnecessary but I guess it's only a small number of posters but with hundreds of posts.
And he didn’t capitalise that’s the problem.

The season we got to the playoff final, I will take. We were incredibly naive in the final, fell for Wycombe's tricks and gave them far too much respect. But we had been largely excellent and so not a failure

Second season, it was an incredible set of last day results (Thanks Toby Savin) that got us in, and we were then completely and utterly humiliated. Made Blackpool look like Brazil. Looked tactically unprepared and bullied. Lessons learned we were told. I would say it was failure but I understand why some would say it was not.

That moves us into last season. Our form was utterly dreadful and we missed out by miles. Despite opportunities in the January to rectify we chose not to. Played some lovely football but counted for zilch. Utter utter failure.

Having said that, the faults were hugely obvious. 3-4 key signings is all that was needed. In the right places.i watched the summers dealings in absolute horror, and when my contact told me we were only bringing in Anderson on deadline day my jaw hit the floor. Complacency, eyes off the ball, arrogance, structural issues, whatever. To be looking down the barrel at League two 2 seasons after the playoff final is absolute failure.

It's over.

This is a very reasonable summary in fairness.

In the interim If Robbo gets the sack then Mous has to be Mous but if they’re already looking for a replacement then why wait until he’s found. Get rid now leave Mous to have a crack if he seems to be doing ok and results are more favourable then bring in a DOF

Mous has to be Mous?

That's just crazy enough to work!

This is a very reasonable summary in fairness.
Not only is it a reasonable summary, it also highlights the fallacy of hoping for the playoffs as a marker of success. They are an absolute lottery that can go any way. Everyone remembers us bottling the final, but few remember that we were fairly lucky against Pompey beforehand.

Squeezing in to the last playoff place should not be the goal of any ambitious club or manager.

This is my issue.

There’s a lot who flip-flop depending on results. After we beat Bolton there was a few individuals saying ‘Robinson’s Yellow Army’ & ‘told you so’ etc.

A good run or a few results shouldn’t change your viewpoint on the managers position. He has to go. None of us have any idea if they’re talking to a future new man or actually idiotically believe he can get us promoted.

Results at this point are for the football clubs League 1 status, not for the managers case to remain.
Too many people look over the period of a few games, when it should be the season as a whole so far, or his entire tenure here. He has not been successful here, whatever his ego would tell him. Yes over the 5 years we got the play offs, but were easily rolled over.

Changing your view because of a couple of wins, shows that you hadn't really made your mind up at all.
Put simply we need to get a manager in yesterday, to survey the "squad," prior to the next transfer window. Why the board are letting it drag on is unfair on the playing staff and kr himself, as must know the writing is on the wall for him, after everything is taken into account.
Their indecisiveness makes them look anything but the progressive board they want to be seen as.
KR OUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom