Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if the owners have looked at Southampton and how they deal with the manager Uber a few bad results,
On another note Southampton have been given permission by Looton to talk to their manager Nathan Jones. That would be interesting considering Stoke did similar but sacked him as he wasn’t much cop for them.
Come on a Anindia do something.

As an aside to the time that KR has been Manager, we have consistently failed to get going from the start of the season. Even with players in place who were arguably better than we have here now, we struggled.
The exception was last year where we eventually fell of the cliff performance wise at the end of the season.
The consistency to keep picking up steady points throughout the season seems to be an impossible task for him to manage.
I don’t profess to know the reasons why this keeps happening with him, but I do know that there are many other managers out there who are better equipped to find the answers.
He’s had his opportunity and has come up short too many times.
4years of failure means you cannot pin your inability on bad luck.

This is the hypocrisy in all of this.

We have some who talk about morality but if we were top of the league this stuff wouldn't get a mention. We've had many players in the past who have had almost legendary status given to them for their off-field antics as well as players who took the lives of others. I used to hang around with some of the players of the early to mid 90's and a number were far from saintly in their actions and probably a million times worse than any of the more modern professionals.

But if they are scoring goals, winning games, getting promoted etc then no one cares.
But however you would like to imagine it, kr is doing none of the equivilant of these.

Feel this postponement has bought KR some time.
If we can draw v Shrewsbury and beat FGR and Vale then nothing will be done until the end of the year regardless of the result v Woking
Had we played and lost Sunday I think he would have gone.
He now has a pretty full squad to choose from especially if Murphy is back Henry is back and Long is ready next Saturday so his excuses on fit players cannot be used.
That said anyone know if Browne feels like he might want to be involved anymore or does he feel he will let us down?
It really is time that young man started pulling his weight

As an aside to the time that KR has been Manager, we have consistently failed to get going from the start of the season. Even with players in place who were arguably better than we have here now, we struggled.
The exception was last year where we eventually fell of the cliff performance wise at the end of the season.
The consistency to keep picking up steady points throughout the season seems to be an impossible task for him to manage.
I don’t profess to know the reasons why this keeps happening with him, but I do know that there are many other managers out there who are better equipped to find the answers.
He’s had his opportunity and has come up short too many times.
4years of failure means you cannot pin your inability on bad luck.
Hold on
4 years of failure?
First year he had to make sure we didn’t go down
Second year we got to the playoff final so not a failure
Third year we made the playoffs
Last year we fell short
This against bigger teams with bigger budgets.
Portsmouth Charlton and Ipswich have faired worse than us in the past few seasons.

Now I feel KR has taken us as far as he can but to say we have had 4 years of failure is a bit much

Hold on
4 years of failure?
First year he had to make sure we didn’t go down
Second year we got to the playoff final so not a failure
Third year we made the playoffs
Last year we fell short
This against bigger teams with bigger budgets.
Portsmouth Charlton and Ipswich have faired worse than us in the past few seasons.

Now I feel KR has taken us as far as he can but to say we have had 4 years of failure is a bit much

He was in charge for that full first season though? 18-19. Which was a shambles season.

You must be talking about 17-18 where he came in, in March.

Timeline, just to clear things up.

17-18 - Appointed in March. Robinson joins the U's on a contract until June 2020.

18-19 - KR first full season.

19-20 - KR second full season.

Karl Robinson signs a new four year contract with the club.

20-21 - KR third full season.

21-22 - KR fourth full season.

22-23 - KR fifth full season.

He was in charge for that full first season though? 18-19. Which was a shambles season.

You must be talking about 17-18 where he came in, in March.
Correct , I apologise the following season was the poor start as I recall
But still to reach two playoffs is not failure. I accept that after the Blackpool game the promised changes never happened, but even then last season until March we were in it playing good football but again failure in the January window cost us

Correct , I apologise the following season was the poor start as I recall
But still to reach two playoffs is not failure. I accept that after the Blackpool game the promised changes never happened, but even then last season until March we were in it playing good football but again failure in the January window cost us

Oh I agree. I didn’t make the original failure comment.

However..

Losing to Wycombe at Wembley was failure.
Losing to Blackpool in the semi finals was failure.

So whilst I agree it wasn’t failure logically, it certainly wasn’t successful.

Last edited:
Timeline, just to clear things up.

17-18 - Appointed in March. Robinson joins the U's on a contract until June 2020.

18-19 - KR first full season.

19-20 - KR second full season.

Karl Robinson signs a new four year contract with the club.

20-21 - KR third full season.

21-22 - KR fourth full season.

22-23 - KR fifth full season.
Thanks Oxford 1996 that clears things up
Looking at the positions
17/18. 16th
18/19 12th
19/20 3rd
20/21 6th
21/22. 8th

So first year takes over poor team and starts rebuild, second year mid table I think most managers would get one more season after that
Next two seasons playoffs can’t ask much more when you consider who was fighting for the top spots
Last year fell away badly after March mainly because of the poor January window

That was the time for him to go

His son came on , and nothing wrong with them talking together taking in a match is there ?
Not defending him over our season etc but he is allowed to talk to people!
After one of the strangest unannounced sites Ive seen at.the kassam, namely fowler decked out in OUFC kit out in the middle talking to robinson, it might have been a little more tackful?

After one of the strangest unannounced sites Ive seen at.the kassam, namely fowler decked out in OUFC kit out in the middle talking to robinson, it might have been a little more tackful?

Why would they need to be tactful?

How would Fowlers involvement in a part time coaching role upset anyone?

You can't say we've had 4 years of failure that's just talking out your a**e imo the season we got to the play off final if the season hadn't been cut short we would have finished top two.
The season we lost to Blackpool that wasn't a failure but should have been a lesson which he didn't learn from.
Last season we could have reached the play offs if he signed the right players in January but he didn't so that was a failure.
This season so far is a failure

Why would they need to be tactful?

How would Fowlers involvement in a part time coaching role upset anyone?
Scotchers

I think the KR haters will try and hang anything on him at the moment.
A lot of us agree that his time is up but that is about solely on the pitch football related issues,ie we are playing awful football have lost matches we ought to be winning with the team we have. That is down to his recruitment and team selection and that’s all these discussions should be about

I want KR to be replaced (and quickly) and he has never been my cup of tea, but let's not rewrite history.

We have seen some decent league positions and some excellent football under his management. Recently it has turned rather sour and his weaknesses have caught up with him, so it's time for a change.

I want KR to be replaced (and quickly) and he has never been my cup of tea, but let's not rewrite history.

We have seen some decent league positions and some excellent football under his management. Recently it has turned rather sour and his weaknesses have caught up with him, so it's time for a change.
Completely agree. I've never been a big fan, but some of the football has been great. I just think his general gormless-ness (if that is a word) has finally caught him out. The transfer window, with a big budget, was pathetic. I don't think he's coping with increased expectations very well. I just hope he's fired sooner rather than later.

I’m sorry if failure is too strong a word to stomach. For all the fantastic football and the play-off dramas, cup matches and big wins, he was brought here to do what he managed to do at MK… get us promoted. 4 years is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom