Manager/Coach KREXIT: The 'Robbo Out' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always thought Robinson was too much of an idealistic person. Too much if and when and not enough pragmatism.

IF Murphy is fit and firing he's the best winger in the league. IF we've signed the Sam Winnall of a few years ago then he's one of the best strikers in the league. WHEN we get the ball down and play then the opposition won't be able to cope with us.

He absolutely lacks the discipline to build a balanced squad. What he (and we) have desperately missed is the guiding hand above him who keeps him in check. Left to his own devices, Robinson's transfer windows are like a kid in a sweet shop who has forgotten that you need a big sturdy bag to hold all your sweets in. The last 2 transfer windows have been disastrous but even before them we knew Robinson didn't like signing full backs.

There was a time when we had a very reliable Ruffels at left back and Long in top form at right back. A lot of us on here were saying how risky that was and there has been a running joke on here about signing full backs for years, but back then we were getting away with it. The luck has run out now, unfortunately. The fact of the matter is that it actually run out a year ago but reliable players like Williams had papered over the cracks. It's frustrating in a way because with some proper guidance above him, we may have, at one point over the last few years, built a better squad capable of getting that extra 10% to get over the line. But now that ship has sailed and we're sat on a rudderless dinghy waiting for someone to save us.
This post is spot on. Said it better than I could.

I have always thought Robinson was too much of an idealistic person. Too much if and when and not enough pragmatism.

IF Murphy is fit and firing he's the best winger in the league. IF we've signed the Sam Winnall of a few years ago then he's one of the best strikers in the league. WHEN we get the ball down and play then the opposition won't be able to cope with us.

He absolutely lacks the discipline to build a balanced squad. What he (and we) have desperately missed is the guiding hand above him who keeps him in check. Left to his own devices, Robinson's transfer windows are like a kid in a sweet shop who has forgotten that you need a big sturdy bag to hold all your sweets in. The last 2 transfer windows have been disastrous but even before them we knew Robinson didn't like signing full backs.

There was a time when we had a very reliable Ruffels at left back and Long in top form at right back. A lot of us on here were saying how risky that was and there has been a running joke on here about signing full backs for years, but back then we were getting away with it. The luck has run out now, unfortunately. The fact of the matter is that it actually run out a year ago but reliable players like Williams had papered over the cracks. It's frustrating in a way because with some proper guidance above him, we may have, at one point over the last few years, built a better squad capable of getting that extra 10% to get over the line. But now that ship has sailed and we're sat on a rudderless dinghy waiting for someone to save us.

👏🏼

And that why there is why Karl Robinson will always be the League 1 nearly man (unless he has Dele Alli).

If we want to go to the next level then it’s time as a club & supporters we started acting like it.

👏🏼

And that why there is why Karl Robinson will always be the League 1 nearly man (unless he has Dele Alli).

If we want to go to the next level then it’s time as a club & supporters we started acting like it.

Then let’s hope the club can sort something as at the moment the club aren’t, if and when the club do then the supporters will.

I want KR to be replaced (and quickly) and he has never been my cup of tea, but let's not rewrite history.

We have seen some decent league positions and some excellent football under his management. Recently it has turned rather sour and his weaknesses have caught up with him, so it's time for a change.

That's a completely fair and reasonable view to take.

I also think that a change is probably needed, but I don't buy into the anyone but Robinson thinking and hope that when the change comes it is with someone who is able to write the next chapter in our history. This has the potential to be the most important 3 or 4 years since the mid 80's and I guess that is why the board want to be sure that they get this decision absolutely right.

We've had some good times with Robinson, some great games and some exciting players. It hasn't got us the success that we all want, but it's not been a failure. We've had 3 of our highest league finishes in 25 years during a time when league 1 has become more competitive than ever before.

Some of the personal stuff and abuse has been unnecessary but I guess it's only a small number of posters but with hundreds of posts.

It’s commonly recognised that all stories come from 6/7 basic plots. Thousands of books, films and plays have been created from that pool, but we don’t tire of them because our creativity largely masks the repetition. It’s an amazing feat.

This thread could learn a thing or two.

Why would they need to be tactful?

How would Fowlers involvement in a part time coaching role upset anyone?
Because of the seemingly murky waters of his son joining the academy.
Why would a character like fowler need a part time job with little ild Oxford?
People listening ear wigging close by?

Some people are now changing their views a tad hypocritical can only be 1or 2 pro Robbo fans left now.
I don’t think any one can knock some of the games KR has been in charge of sinew great performances and getting to Wembley but unlucky to not get promoted. But issues to address the problem and achieve promotion were never addressed.
The last January transfer window should have set alarm bells ringing in the boardroom and this last transfer window should have had the board wondering what’s going on.
So time to go, win on Wednesday sow will say give him to the end of the month but that’s only possibly delaying the inevitable.

Nathan Jones to Southampton
Robinson to Luton??
Local to him.
That’s one way to get yourself relegated! Appoint a manager who has an appreciation for good football to coach a load of combative, competitive bullies who have mastered the second ball (intended respectfully, they’re a very good side). Can’t see this one in a million years but… I’d take it!!

Imagine a world where we actually get a fee for Robinson! 😂

Some people are now changing their views a tad hypocritical can only be 1or 2 pro Robbo fans left now.
I don’t think any one can knock some of the games KR has been in charge of sinew great performances and getting to Wembley but unlucky to not get promoted. But issues to address the problem and achieve promotion were never addressed.
The last January transfer window should have set alarm bells ringing in the boardroom and this last transfer window should have had the board wondering what’s going on.
So time to go, win on Wednesday sow will say give him to the end of the month but that’s only possibly delaying the inevitable.

This is my issue.

There’s a lot who flip-flop depending on results. After we beat Bolton there was a few individuals saying ‘Robinson’s Yellow Army’ & ‘told you so’ etc.

A good run or a few results shouldn’t change your viewpoint on the managers position. He has to go. None of us have any idea if they’re talking to a future new man or actually idiotically believe he can get us promoted.

Results at this point are for the football clubs League 1 status, not for the managers case to remain.

This is my issue.

There’s a lot who flip-flop depending on results. After we beat Bolton there was a few individuals saying ‘Robinson’s Yellow Army’ & ‘told you so’ etc.

A good run or a few results shouldn’t change your viewpoint on the managers position. He has to go. None of us have any idea if they’re talking to a future new man or actually idiotically believe he can get us promoted.

Results at this point are for the football clubs League 1 status, not for the managers case to remain.
Hmmm. Not sure that’s a fair assessment. What people (I included) were largely saying was that he deserved immense credit for those 2 games in which the players gave everything and looked very well prepared and got a very unexpected 4 points. For a brief moment it looked as though a resurgence was on the cards but you’re right, one swan doesn’t make a summer and so it proved against Fleetwood where normal business resumed. There went another opportunity to show him the door.

I don’t remember many (perhaps there were a small minority) trying to rub anybody’s nose in it because he was far from forgiven - we were just giving him a bit of due credit for some good performances. Big difference.

Hmmm. Not sure that’s a fair assessment. What people (I included) were largely saying was that he deserved immense credit for those 2 games in which the players gave everything and looked very well prepared and got a very unexpected 4 points. For a brief moment it looked as though a resurgence was on the cards but you’re right, one swan doesn’t make a summer and so it proved against Fleetwood where normal business resumed. There went another opportunity to show him the door.

I don’t remember many (perhaps there were a small minority) trying to rub anybody’s nose in it because he was far from forgiven - we were just giving him a bit of due credit for some good performances. Big difference.

Wasn’t referring to you fyi 😉

You can't say we've had 4 years of failure that's just talking out your a**e imo the season we got to the play off final if the season hadn't been cut short we would have finished top two.
The season we lost to Blackpool that wasn't a failure but should have been a lesson which he didn't learn from.
Last season we could have reached the play offs if he signed the right players in January but he didn't so that was a failure.
This season so far is a failure
The season we got to the playoff final, I will take. We were incredibly naive in the final, fell for Wycombe's tricks and gave them far too much respect. But we had been largely excellent and so not a failure

Second season, it was an incredible set of last day results (Thanks Toby Savin) that got us in, and we were then completely and utterly humiliated. Made Blackpool look like Brazil. Looked tactically unprepared and bullied. Lessons learned we were told. I would say it was failure but I understand why some would say it was not.

That moves us into last season. Our form was utterly dreadful and we missed out by miles. Despite opportunities in the January to rectify we chose not to. Played some lovely football but counted for zilch. Utter utter failure.

Having said that, the faults were hugely obvious. 3-4 key signings is all that was needed. In the right places.i watched the summers dealings in absolute horror, and when my contact told me we were only bringing in Anderson on deadline day my jaw hit the floor. Complacency, eyes off the ball, arrogance, structural issues, whatever. To be looking down the barrel at League two 2 seasons after the playoff final is absolute failure.

It's over.

This is my issue.

You have an issue with people changing their view when circumstances change?!

I've been clear that I like Robinson and think he's done a much better job than some give him credit for. I think that a change is inevitable, but that shouldn't mean that we should just get anyone, or that we need to rush this process. If we're getting results then that is only ever a good thing. It means that the board can take their time finding the right manager and backroom staff and that their job becomes that much easier the more points we have on the board.

As a consequence I'll celebrate every win, I'll be pleased with every point, I'll welcome every battling performance, or a return to fitness and confidence from every player. That's not flip flopping or hypocrisy, it's supporting the team! Remember the Oxford United over Robinson United?

But carry on screaming Robinson Out 30 times a day if that makes you feel better.

You have an issue with people changing their view when circumstances change?!

I've been clear that I like Robinson and think he's done a much better job than some give him credit for. I think that a change is inevitable, but that shouldn't mean that we should just get anyone, or that we need to rush this process. If we're getting results then that is only ever a good thing. It means that the board can take their time finding the right manager and backroom staff and that their job becomes that much easier the more points we have on the board.

As a consequence I'll celebrate every win, I'll be pleased with every point, I'll welcome every battling performance, or a return to fitness and confidence from every player. That's not flip flopping or hypocrisy, it's supporting the team! Remember the Oxford United over Robinson United?

But carry on screaming Robinson Out 30 times a day if that makes you feel better.

You change your opinion on a week by week basis. That’s flip-flopping.

I want Oxford to win every game so not sure what you’re on about or what point you’re trying to make. Once again saying the obvious thing dying to be popular.

If we win at Shrewsbury I still want him out. Same with Port Vale. Same with Forest Green.

Screaming? No. It’s consistency in my opinion Pete.

In the interim If Robbo gets the sack then Mous has to be Mous but if they’re already looking for a replacement then why wait until he’s found. Get rid now leave Mous to have a crack if he seems to be doing ok and results are more favourable then bring in a DOF

You change your opinion on a week by week basis. That’s flip-flopping.

I want Oxford to win every game so not sure what you’re on about or what point you’re trying to make. Once again saying the obvious thing dying to be popular.

If we win at Shrewsbury I still want him out. Same with Port Vale. Same with Forest Green.

Screaming? No. It’s consistency in my opinion Pete.

Wow. You know my name!!

It doesn't bother me, but adding it on your posts makes you look a bit of a dick!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom